UConn Athletics is hiring a Director of Social Media and a Graphic Design Assistant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics is hiring a Director of Social Media and a Graphic Design Assistant

Reaction Score
Also, supposedly his presentation to the B12 was embarrassing if you believe the realignment wonks.

Can't argue that - realignment is about the Presiddnt's club. At least, with the Big 12 Suzy realized her limitations and hired a consultant.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Edsall's son already doing the social media stuff or was it some student sending stuff out on a Twitter account with his name on it?

C

Chief00

Also, supposedly his presentation to the B12 was embarrassing if you believe the realignment wonks.

Guys fray me for trying to be positive. Ultimately, that whole process was a mess from the conference side.

Reaction Score
I think that's fine. I am in wait and see mode. Benedict is certainly not to blame for our current problems. I just think it's weird when I read things like "We would be in the Big 10 or ACC" if these people were in place 10 years ago. I haven't seen any evidence that is true yet.
It's kind of ironic that with the rhetoric you are spewing in this thread about the President and Ad at UConn you have an avatar of the man who pretty much singlehandedly drove UConn athletics square into a tree at 100+ mph. Are you a Jeff Hathaway lover?

Reaction Score
I predicted the Director of Social Media opening about a month ago on this site. I have no inside info, but I further predicted it will be filled by Corey Edsall, who will then become a volunteer assistant coach and thus be out of reach of the Ethics Commission. Georgia used a similar technique about 15 years ago to hire FB Coach Jim Donnan's son as a fund raiser while he also acted as "volunteer" QB coach.
Reading the job posting leads me to believe I was wrong. They might be able to squeeze Corey into the pre-refs, but it sounds like they want to be more aggressive on the social media side (and that's a very good thing) than would be likely with someone splitting the job. I still think this is a path they may choose (find him another official job so he can be a volunteer on the football staff) but this might not be the job.

They could always follow Georgia's lead and hire him as a fund raiser, then give him a prospect list of known HCRE supporters and donors. That should be relatively easy to do if the team has a successful season.

Reaction Score
I think that's fine. I am in wait and see mode. Benedict is certainly not to blame for our current problems. I just think it's weird when I read things like "We would be in the Big 10 or ACC" if these people were in place 10 years ago. I haven't seen any evidence that is true yet.
I think if we had a different attorney general way back Oh well. Mid-major it is

Reaction Score
A guy who was fired and took a 50% pay cut at an AAC program doesn't imply he was in major demand

Bringing an SEC offensive coordinator to a school that essentially hasn't played offense in 6 years is a pretty good consolation.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%, crazy scene down there with the flooding and more rain to come

Thank you for your service to those in need down there. That's what matters. Don't sweat the BY critics.

Reaction Score
He was pushed out by Gene, c'mon

Let's leave Auburn and take a 50% pay cut to join a terrible AAC team

Auburn's OF was bad last year or 2 and a nonfactor in SEC W

Lashlee fired? You're just making things up now.

Reaction Score

Yeah, the offense was bad until Lashlee was given full control and then they had one of the best offenses in the country. The only reason Lashlee would have been close to let go is because the "offensive mastermind" head coach was scared for his job.

Reaction Score

Who is Gene?

Reaction Score
So he takes a 50% pay cut to come to a bad AAC program?

IDiacco is making $850k as DC @ Nebraska

Yeah, the offense was bad until Lashlee was given full control and then they had one of the best offenses in the country. The only reason Lashlee would have been close to let go is because the "offensive mastermind" head coach was scared for his job.

Reaction Score
So he takes a 50% pay cut to come to a bad AAC program?

IDiacco is making $850k as DC @ Nebraska

Have you looked into why he came here? He spells it out pretty clearly in a few interviews. I can tell you that he certainly didn't get fired and once he took over the offense at Auburn on his own, it was absolutely ridiculous.

There is a lot more to your job than how much money you make, maybe you just don't get that. In fact I can't tell you mist successful people dont do it for the money.

You could ask the guy above, who you made fun of, who is actually going to save lives for what can be assumed is not a lot of money. Or you could ask Diaco, who is obviously cleaning up money wise, but not really success wise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom