UConn Athletics is hiring a Director of Social Media and a Graphic Design Assistant | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics is hiring a Director of Social Media and a Graphic Design Assistant

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I love the current UConn President/Administration/AD. Unfortunately for UConn, they were needed 10 years ago. The damage done by the prior regime is probably irreversible due to a combination of incompetence, neglect, and unfortunate timing and circumstances.

If we had the current regime in place 10 years ago, we would be in the P5 and be Top 25 Athletic Department in the nation across the board (with elite MBB and a consistent bowl-attending Football program).

Reaction Score
I keep asking where the money is coming from. We are not getting P5 money.

Reaction Score
I predicted the Director of Social Media opening about a month ago on this site. I have no inside info, but I further predicted it will be filled by Corey Edsall, who will then become a volunteer assistant coach and thus be out of reach of the Ethics Commission. Georgia used a similar technique about 15 years ago to hire FB Coach Jim Donnan's son as a fund raiser while he also acted as "volunteer" QB coach.

Reaction Score
I predicted the Director of Social Media opening about a month ago on this site. I have no inside info, but I further predicted it will be filled by Corey Edsall, who will then become a volunteer assistant coach and thus be out of reach of the Ethics Commission. Georgia used a similar technique about 15 years ago to hire FB Coach Jim Donnan's son as a fund raiser while he also acted as "volunteer" QB coach.

Here is your prior post:

Interesting case from the SEC (see articles below). In the late '90s, two Georgia coaches, Jim Harrick in MBB and Jim Donnan in FB each tried to hire a son as an assistant. Both were denied due to a nepotism policy (yes, in the SEC). After a couple of years as a grad assistant, Donnan's kid was hired to a co-employment situation, with his other (presumably primary) job being a fund-raiser. I don't know how real that development job was or whether there were any other issues (Donnan was fired after that year), but it makes it easier to justify why the primary supervisor is not the head coach. I wonder if Corey could be hired as Director of Social Media for the AD while also serving as an on-field coach? I don't know if that will fly in CT, but it might be worth a shot to give both sides an out.

Kudos to you. I hope it works out. Further proof that AD Dave reads the Boneyard. ;)

jho

Reaction Score
IMG_0157.jpg

Do we really need a Grapic Design Assistant to redesign the Block C?

Reaction Score
I love the current UConn President/Administration/AD. Unfortunately for UConn, they were needed 10 years ago. The damage done by the prior regime is probably irreversible due to a combination of incompetence, neglect, and unfortunate timing and circumstances.

If we had the current regime in place 10 years ago, we would be in the P5 and be Top 25 Athletic Department in the nation across the board (with elite MBB and a consistent bowl-attending Football program).

I see alot of hype and good will towards this current administration. What is it based on? The current UConn Prez, Administration, and AD that you love so much just presided over the worst year in UConn athletics I can remember since following in 1994. Football and men's hoops a dumpster fire. Men's and women's soccer (just lost to Yale?!) clearly on a down swing. These were core programs that formed the foundation of our strength. Not disputing the problems of their predecessors but I haven't seen anything relating to on field performance both last year and the way this year is expected to go to "love" about this group yet. That is what they will ultimately be judged on.

Reaction Score
I see alot of hype and good will towards this current administration. What is it based on? The current UConn Prez, Administration, and AD that you love so much just presided over the worst year in UConn athletics I can remember since following in 1994. Football and men's hoops a dumpster fire. Men's and women's soccer (just lost to Yale?!) clearly on a down swing. These were core programs that formed the foundation of our strength. Not disputing the problems of their predecessors but I haven't seen anything relating to on field performance both last year and the way this year is expected to go to "love" about this group yet. That is what they will ultimately be judged on.

No, the UConn Prez will not be judged on athletic success. Sorry.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So what? People don't hesitate to sing his praises based on that one year.

I think we've just got to believe in SOMETHING. as a fan base, we're about as broken down and dejected as you can be, and we've got to place our hope somewhere, so we're hitching it to the AD Dave wagon. With that being said, I do think he's done a good job so far. First year on field performance has nothing to do with him. Took big balls to fire Diaco with the buyout and even bigger balls to hire Edsall, so kudos for that.

Reaction Score

I don't like Susan but I agree with everything else

Reaction Score
I think we've just got to believe in SOMETHING. as a fan base, we're about as broken down and dejected as you can be, and we've got to place our hope somewhere, so we're hitching it to the AD Dave wagon. With that being said, I do think he's done a good job so far. First year on field performance has nothing to do with him. Took big balls to fire Diaco with the buyout and even bigger balls to hire Edsall, so kudos for that.

I think that's fine. I am in wait and see mode. Benedict is certainly not to blame for our current problems. I just think it's weird when I read things like "We would be in the Big 10 or ACC" if these people were in place 10 years ago. I haven't seen any evidence that is true yet.

Reaction Score
Less tasty when you are writing the check.
Yes it was a lot easier to stomach when my daughter was there during 2006- 2009. Still steep but I was working a lot of OT at the time. Well worth it for her though.

Reaction Score
I keep asking where the money is coming from.
The AD invites people to his suite for game watch. The first game on Thursday will be very expensive for those who choose to attend.

Reaction Score
What has Benedict done exactly? Hired a retread with Booster $$ on their directive.and our OF was pushed out of a P5 and we got him cheap.

He's a 1,000x better than fat Warde, but that's no complement either.

No way he would have mattered. I thought conf realignment was always about the Prez, not AD, and Suzy has been a total failure on every level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics.

I realize you have more posts than myself, but again "Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think that's fine. I am in wait and see mode. Benedict is certainly not to blame for our current problems. I just think it's weird when I read things like "We would be in the Big 10 or ACC" if these people were in place 10 years ago. I haven't seen any evidence that is true yet.

GIVE ME IMMEDIATE SUCCESS NOW! BECAUSE I WANT IT NOW!

Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics.

I realize you have more posts than myself, but again "Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics".
75-80% of those posts are in the cesspool....you called it right @JSM1970 is a complete tool. I'm sure @Jarhead_1775 would like to share his thoughts on this subject.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You ain't trying if you aint cheatin'.

C

Chief00

What has Benedict done exactly? Hired a retread with Booster $$ on their directive.and our OF was pushed out of a P5 and we got him cheap.

He's a 1,000x better than fat Warde, but that's no complement either.

No way he would have mattered. I thought conf realignment was always about the Prez, not AD, and Suzy has been a total failure on every level.
Can't argue that - realignment is about the President's club. At least, with the Big 12 Suzy realized her limitations and hired a consultant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom