UConn Athleticism | The Boneyard

UConn Athleticism

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The thing that stood out to me last night is our lack of athleticism. Our entire team with the exception of Diarra plays under the rim. We didn't even attempt a downscreen for a dunk against the zone last night. That has been a staple of UConn teams over the years. DO, Cobb, Polley, Carlton, TL are all under the rim players. Whaley doesn't play. KW shouldn't play. We have three guards 6" or under and JA. We're built like a mid major and playing like a mid major. Cuse had a turnover last night because too many guys were trying to dunk at the same time!

Reaction Score
I didn’t check the board last night, tried to sleep but those are exactly the thoughts that kept me awake. They play over the rim we play under. We have some players who certainly can dunk the ball but they beat our brains out on the glass. Our guards can make the 3, even get streaky like Vital but are not consistent. That smallness has been hurting us against quality opponents. Watching Cuse last week i saw this coming, said we couldn’t rebound with them and they were going to putback which they did. Gilbert not playing will hurt us but we need athletes, we need shooters.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom