UConn athletic budget trending in right direction (Dom Amore @Courant) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn athletic budget trending in right direction (Dom Amore @Courant)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Of course, it's not "lost economic opportunity to the CDRA, when they actually earn the parking or concession revenue, is it? to them, it's simply revenue.

If Connecticut were to keep concession revenue and parking revenue playing in Hartford or East Hartford, does it have to include it on its balance sheet? Because it seems like it would.

Really are we going to get lost in the weeds on more pedanticism? I can do this with you all day, but I suspect it's boring for everyone else.

I mean, sure, let's use the CDRA's facilities that the state paid for, pays to maintain and upgrade, and not have them charge rent and we keep the concession and parking revenue.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still think the missing piece of the analysis here is PSL revenue for Hartford season tickets and a potential loss of donor money. But myself and @CL82 have beat that one into the ground already.
Actually, I don't think we've talked about it much at all, because nobody seems to have the numbers for it. Until we do, any discussion is pointless supposition. I do know that fixing the predatory lease rates of the CDRA would have no impact on PSL's since we would still be playing in Hartford either way.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I mean, sure, let's use the CDRA's facilities that the state paid for, pays to maintain and upgrade, and not have them charge rent and we keep the concession and parking revenue.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of this.
Lol, so just to be clear when the university of Connecticut pays the CDRA millions of dollars in above market lease payments and gives up $7.5 million a year in lost revenue, that doesn't matter since they're all state agencies. But if the university used the facilities free of charge, that suddenly does matter because the university in the state are different entities? Lol are you seeing a bit of a consistency problem there?

Sometimes your struggling to white knight the CDRA gets pretty tortured. Do you have a family member on the board or something?

Reaction Score
We do know that in the last round of big 12 expansion some of the criticism of Connecticut involved the amount of our annual deficit. Logically, then, decreasing that deficit would seem to be helpful to our, admittedly, precarious realignment hopes.

Independent of that, though, it's more accurate to have the CDRA's annual persistent losses show up on their balance sheet rather than trying to hide them in the athletic department via above market lease scheme. The only point of that scheme seems to be continuing the existence of the CDRA which, at best, can be characterized as an political patronage position that has produced extraordinarily bad results in every venture it undertakes and loses money every single year and every one of them.

And then the ACC and the Big 12 added a bunch of schools mired in debt. At some point you have to think they are making up these excuses as they go along.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol, so just to be clear when the university of Connecticut pays the CDRA millions of dollars in above market lease payments and gives up $7.5 million a year in lost revenue, that doesn't matter since they're all state agencies. But if the university used the facilities free of charge, that suddenly does matter because the university in the state are different entities? Lol are you seeing a bit of a consistency problem there?

Sometimes your struggling to white knight the CDRA gets pretty tortured. Do you have a family member on the board or something?

Do you ever make a point on this board without some idiotic ad hominem quip or some lame gif?

CL82

Reaction Score
Do you ever make a point on this board without some idiotic ad hominem quip or some lame gif?
I Dont Think So The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Lol, I get it, it must've been a little a little embarrassing to get caught taking opposing positions in practically back to back posts. Nonetheless, the point remains: why does this matter to you so deeply that you continuously white knight the CDRA, even to the point of taking contrary positions in the same thread?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom