UConn at St. John's Pregame Availability Aaliyah is back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn at St. John's Pregame Availability Aaliyah is back

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If Azzi is a game time decision every game, then one of these games she will play. So, I'm going to be a "glass half full" guy, hoping that tomorrow is the day. :cool:
Wouldn't Azzi have to participate in the game day shoot around (isn't this when they go over plays specific to the upcoming game?) in order to be considered available? Or would her experience be a good enough reason to play?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Azzi have to participate in the game day shoot around (isn't this when they go over plays specific to the upcoming game?) in order to be considered available? Or would her experience be a good enough reason to play?
Yea there is no way she is playing tomorrow if she hasn't been cleared yet, sadly.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That would certainly make sense. Before the Xavier game, SNY advised that Azzi participated in UConn's complete pregame warmup. There was no discussion on the game day shootaround earlier that day. But I would have to believe that Azzi is close to full participation. So, I'm hopeful we'll see her on the court tomorrow.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yea there is no way she is playing tomorrow if she hasn't been cleared yet, sadly.
That's not what CD said, and it is not correct. Whether or not Azzi plays tomorrow is a "game day decision" that will involve Azzi going through some drills with the trainer who will assess her movement, ask her how she feels and then the trainer, CD and Azzi will make a decision.

Reaction Score
That's not what CD said, and it is not correct. Whether or not Azzi plays tomorrow is a "game day decision" that will involve Azzi going through some drills with the trainer who will assess her movement, ask her how she feels and then the trainer, CD and Azzi will make a decision.
Watch the interview, its clear from her reactions and comments she doesn't expect Azzi to play. She said a few times we only have 7 players and caveated that she was a game time decision with "thats what she's been the last couple of weeks". So if CD doesn't expect her to play, neither do I.
At this point I'd be surprised if she returns before November of next year.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Your post in which you replied to my post did not state anything about her being "cleared" (which I take to mean medically cleared). IMO, if she hasn't been medically cleared, she would not be a game time decision.

Reaction Score
Your post in which you replied to my post did not state anything about her being "cleared" (which I take to mean medically cleared). IMO, if she hasn't been medically cleared, she would not be a game time decision.
I don't think this is right. CD said during the Butler game she was only cleared for some drills and yet she was still a game time decision then. I think the clearance is a game time decision. A decision that has consistently been "no" the last few weeks.

Reaction Score
Watch the interview, its clear from her reactions and comments she doesn't expect Azzi to play. She said a few times we only have 7 players and caveated that she was a game time decision with "thats what she's been the last couple of weeks". So if CD doesn't expect her to play, neither do I.
Why would you think this? They said Azzi was going to be out 3-6 weeks. It's been 5.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Look, a few days ago you were pushing an argument that UConn wouldn’t even be playing on Wednesday vs SJ based on an incorrect inference of comments made by the AD. Well, UConn will br playing tomorrow and you were mistaken.

Now, you are making yet another inference based on CD’s comments in a free flowing presser today, which is a complete misread of CD’s comments. Beyond that, you are now suggesting that Azzi could be out until next season. :confused:

Honestly, your negative take on everything to do with the health of UConn’s players is getting tiresome, to say the least. As I suggested to you several days ago, let’s all wait until we hear something definitive from UConn’s coaches or medical staff, and stop trying to pretend that we know something based on body language, reading tea leaves or some other loose interpretation of imprecise and broad comments.

Reaction Score
Why would you think this? They said Azzi was going to be out 3-6 weeks. It's been 5.
I didn’t say I think anything. I said I’d be surprised. I’m surprised when I see the sun after a week of rain. Does it mean I don’t think the sun will come back out when it’s raining? No. I just that it will be a pleasant surprise if I get to see Azzi play again this season.

Reaction Score
Look, a few days ago you were pushing an argument that UConn wouldn’t even be playing on Wednesday vs SJ based on an incorrect inference of comments made by the AD. Well, UConn will br playing tomorrow and you were mistaken.

Now, you are making yet another inference based on CD’s comments in a free flowing presser today, which is a complete misread of CD’s comments. Beyond that, you are now suggesting that Azzi could be out until next season. :confused:

Honestly, your negative take on everything to do with the health of UConn’s players is getting tiresome, to say the least. As I suggested to you several days ago, let’s all wait until we hear something definitive from UConn’s coaches or medical staff, and stop trying to pretend that we know something based on body language, reading tea leaves or some other loose interpretation of imprecise and broad comments.
UConn only has 7 players and CD even said Edwards is restricted still in practice so she can hopefully be unrestricted tomorrow. Not playing was clearly a very real possibility.

Reaction Score
Based on what? Don't make this no-bases speculation.

Reaction Score
Based on what? Don't make this no-bases speculation.
There is no speculation. I never said this was the case. Just how I personally feel since she’s been out so long. It’s hard to imagine our bench without Paige, Ice, and Azzi there having fun and cheering on their teammates.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
:mad: I'm too old for some stuff. Most people can learn. For example, I've learned that you can't fix stupid. Another thing I've learned is that in forums or blogs there are some who just want to create discord. Any topic will do. :(

I've kinda become enamoured with the "ignore" button. :)

Reaction Score
He/she sounds like a fan of some other team who is having wishful thinking.
I’ve been for over 30 years, thank you very much. I’ve brought my kids to camps run by Cara Walters in the years after she graduated. I remember watching Svetlana get injured against Tennessee and then Shea going down in the BET championship game at gample. The day after the roof was leaking. Nykesha Sales and her record breaking lay-up. Going to watch the girls at the Civic Center before it was turned into the XL. Please do not ever question my fanhood just because you don’t like my opinions.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Great reply @oldude . Personally I prefer to use a ouija board to help me state the "facts" when it comes to a player's or coach's or team's availability.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn only has 7 players and CD even said Edwards is restricted still in practice so she can hopefully be unrestricted tomorrow. Not playing was clearly a very real possibility.
And who exactly suggested about Azzi that they would,”be surprised if she returns before November of next year?” That is purely negative trolling based on absolutely nothing. What purpose does that serve on a board comprised of passionate UConn fans who wish nothing but the very best for UConn players & coaches?

Reaction Score
If she can’t play 30 mins tomorrow, the game would’ve been canceled
All I know is CD said this morning that Edwards was in practice restrictions in the hopes that tomorrow she wouldn’t be on restrictions for the game.

Reaction Score
sound quality is very good, sometimes it is not but these are very good
It's weird, Lou Lopez worked fine but the other two no sounds at all!
Maybe it's because I'm ME!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom