UConn at Ohio State 2025 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn at Ohio State 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw a bunch of “shame on UConn for taking money to bail out athletic department in exchange for students getting hurt at Ohio state” all I’m going to say is that if that’s your take then you’re an idiot.

Reaction Score
Saw a bunch of “shame on UConn for taking money to bail out athletic department in exchange for students getting hurt at Ohio state” all I’m going to say is that if that’s your take then you’re an idiot.

Where are you seeing that?

Reaction Score
On twitter. Saw 3 different UConn “fans” with that though. Which is idiotic

Agreed - I Find it hysterical people think players will get “beat up”. I think the score will likely be 60-0 in the third quarter but the players won’t be literally beat up.

Reaction Score
I went to Columbus in the early 80's...FSU signed to play in Columbus in back to back years....was a great trip and a good time...

No big pay day...just part of a plan to become seen as a big boy....Bobby was known as "King of the Road" for his willingness to play multiple games at Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, Nebraska, etc without return.

In October of 1981...FSU played @ Nebraska, @ Ohio State, @ Notre Dame, and @ Pitt....

If UConn plays well...it could be a springboard for recruiting.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's not that exciting to get plastered by Ohio State. The money is nice, but other than that...

Most teams get plastered by OSU. The seniors that will play for UConn in that game graduate high school next year.

If you know you have a chance to play OSU your senior year and you have offers from another AAC or MAC school deos this help or hurt UConn's chances? What if you are an underrated FB player from D'Oh?

There is a lot more to this than a paycheck and a potential beat down. Who knows if OSU will still be that OSU once Meyer's recruits leave.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Independence has been incredible and kudos to AD Dave for pulling this schedule off. Yes we have on field issues to fix but the schedule is a great start.

I was very skeptical and this has exceeded my expectations. I don’t think prior administrations would have been able to pull this off.

Reaction Score
Everyone who argued stridently for the status quo that independent football was worse than staying in the AAC should be publicly flogged in this forum and it should be a badge next to their user name so we all remember how wrong they were.

That is my opinion of this news.
Great. We are now officially a cupcake that plays for big dollars, in reward for showing up to get pounded.

Reaction Score
Don’t expect many good home games in 2025 because that away schedule is absolutely brutal. As much as I love P5 home and homes and yes they are sexy, we all want to win right?
At Syracuse
At Purdue
At Buffalo
At Army
At Ohio State
That’s just brutal. But I hope that home slate is easier.

Reaction Score
It's not that exciting to get plastered by Ohio State. The money is nice, but other than that...
They haven't been plastered yet. I'm going to be excited until at least kickoff. If you can't get excited, go beat someone at basketball that you are 3 feet taller than and maybe that will do it for you.

Reaction Score
The game isn't for another 5 1/2 years. That gives the Huskies plenty of time to improve to the point where they can actually compete. Urban Meyer is gone. No one knows in five years if Ryan Day will still be leading them and how good the Buckeyes will be. It's a very good game for the Huskies. These are the games UConn needs to play. Five years from now UConn could be playing this game for a spot in the top 25. Let UConn go play these payday games and compete well in them. Eventually, they can work themselves into home & home with some of the powerhouse schools. Maybe having Clemson and Ohio St on future schedules opens the door for teams like Pitt and WVU and dare I say it.... Penn St. to consider the Huskies when trying to fill future schedules. I am worried about bowl invites as an independent but it doesn't seem to hurt ND or BYU. UConn needs to get there too. Playing Ohio St is a step in that direction.

Reaction Score
UConn must use the games against known P5 teams as a springboard to move up in recruiting and play...and to energize the fan base.

It's not just scheduling those teams.....After all, Akron has on the schedule Clemson, Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan State, Nebraska, South Carolina.....

If the fan base becomes energized, a few good programs play @ UConn....and the Huskies win a few big games, they have a chance to gather recruits now going elsewhere.

Unlike BC, UConn might have a chance to remake themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom