UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey did not travel with team, expected to join Huskies later this week | The Boneyard

UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey did not travel with team, expected to join Huskies later this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She lost consciousness and collapsed. She's not "fine." And if she is not traveling with the team, she's not OK. UConn's press releases on health issues is positively Soviet. They should commit to being more forthcoming.

I hope CD gets better quickly, whatever the cause is.

Reaction Score
She lost consciousness and collapsed. She's not "fine." And if she is not traveling with the team, she's not OK. UConn's press releases on health issues is positively Soviet. They should commit to being more forthcoming.

Why must UConn disclose private medical information? Would you be OK if your employer did that?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Please stop! What you are suggesting is a violation of Federal HIPAA laws. Beyond that, the medical personnel that treated CD are the people who are qualified to determine her current condition and whether or not she’s healthy enough to rejoin the team in Oregon, not someone on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score

You respond this way every time there is an injury or illness how do we make you understand as part of the public you are not owed an explanation on these matters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Conspiracy Kitty says:
So, you are saying that Yukon is secretly hiding a significant condition with Coach Dailey? Really? Even I don’t believe that.

Reaction Score
With human beings nature of wanting to know, it is understandable that there is all these questions. I for one do not like to hear any bad news. Why stew over something you have no control over and cannot help. For me I just pray that if there is anything wrong, pray for her to get better, I have this thing that I always look for the positive in any situation. You will have a happier life. GO HUSKIES!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Here we go again! If she wants her medical info released to the general public, she will do so. Until such time, UConn is not at liberty to release them. This Thanksgiving, I will be grateful that most Boneyarders have some common sense and decency. Others are just turkeys! :eek:

Reaction Score
Please stop! What you are suggesting is a violation of Federal HIPAA laws. Beyond that, the medical personnel that treated CD are the people who are qualified to determine her current condition and whether or not she’s healthy enough to rejoin the team in Oregon, not someone on the Boneyard.
It does not violate any HIPAA laws. Here is a link to show you whom it actually applies to.

190-Who must comply with HIPAA privacy standards

Reaction Score
While that technically may be true, for an entity (in this case her employer) to reveal personal health information publicly without the permission of the person involved is still a violation of a person's privacy and is not good policy and may violate other privacy laws (no I'm not going to look them up).

In my opinion it's "NOYDB." You can substitute "our" for the Y in the acronym.

Reaction Score

You have absolutely no idea what her current health situation is. Silly for you to post something like this.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It does not violate any HIPAA laws. Here is a link to show you whom it actually applies to.

190-Who must comply with HIPAA privacy standards
While I don’t claim to be an expert on HIPAA, the fact that “Health Care Providers” (Doctors) and “Business Associates” (coworkers) must comply with privacy requirements sure sounds like UConn has no authority to divulge any information on CD’s health unless CD authorizes the school to do so.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads