UCONN-Army in the Bronx on sale March 11-NOTE DATE | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN-Army in the Bronx on sale March 11-NOTE DATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As a Red Sox fan who has been to both Yankee Stadium II and Yankee Stadium III on multiple occasions, I have to say that there isn't that aura in the new building that there was across the street.

It's really not that hard to reconcile my love for the teams representing my alma mater (especially football) and the pro baseball team to which I pledge my allegiance. Whether Warde Manuel is a Yankee Fan or not has very little barring on this arrangement.

Reaction Score
Anyone got a picture of Warde and BD standing side by side. Maybe its the camera angle in that video, but Warde looks like he'll crush Diaco if he fell off his chair. Warde looks like a former player, Diaco... not so much!

Reaction Score
Anyone got a picture of Warde and BD standing side by side. Maybe its the camera angle in that video, but Warde looks like he'll crush Diaco if he fell off his chair. Warde looks like a former player, Diaco... not so much!
Diaco preaches good body composition and he walks the walk

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
It's really not that hard to reconcile my love for the teams representing my alma mater (especially football) and the pro baseball team to which I pledge my allegiance. Whether Warde Manuel is a Yankee Fan or not has very little barring on this arrangement.

Think Warde's comment was tongue in cheek.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I have feeling you're right, but some allegiances run deep. Sox fans dont have to feel apprehensive about going to the House that George Built.

Reaction Score
The Yankees want UConn: In today's Hartford Courant, Des Connor's byline is all about the game. Two quotes stand out:
1. From Mark Holtzman, Yankees executive director of non-baseball events: "we want you to consider Yankee Stadium down the road your home away from home, and hopefully this is the start of many games that you'll be playing here in the future."
2. From Warde Manual per Des: "Manual also said he would be all for the Huskies playing at the Stadium once in awhile."

This is great for marketing the Huskies Brand. My suggestion is for UConn to schedule this event as a separate event from a 7 game home schedule, but to add it to the season ticket package. That way season ticket holders get guaranteed seating at the game & not the possibility of being shut out. Schedule it as an intersectional game against a marquee opponent. Kills 2 birds with one stone: Marketing UConn in the N.Y. Metro area, increasing season ticket sales at the Rent. A third benefit is giving the Huskies a de facto 8 home game season. Opposition to target: Notre Dame, USC-West (They've travelled to the Carrier Dome Recently). USC-East (SEC opponent & who doesn't like viewing the sideline antics of the ole ball coach), LSU, Alabama, Oregon (fellow Nike school & the market in NYC), Nebraska (Huge NYC following), Oklahoma & Texas (see Nebraska), &, for old times sake West Virginia.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sox fans dont have to feel apprehensive about going to the House that George Built.

They don't. They know the dragon has been slayed, the new stadium is no "cathedral" and the Yanks are just another team trying get to where the Sox are. I plan on visiting twice this year once for UConn and another to see Liverpool.

Reaction Score
As a matter of principal I have never set foot in Yankee Stadium nor in Faux Yankee Stadium. I used to say that I'd rather sit in an obstructed view seat in Fenway Park than in the owners box at either place. I am wavering on this game though. The Yankees are just so pompous though. they build a scale model of Yankee Stadium and pretend that its the same place...Army has played 2 games at Faux Yankee Stadium, not 40. the others were played in a totally different building.

Husky25

Reaction Score
...the new stadium is no "cathedral"...

For those who have not been there, that is really what I was trying to communicate. The new place is not where the Sox were no-hit by Dave Reghetti, Where Byun-Hun Kim melted down three nights in a row, where Jeter dove into the third base boxes, or where Aaron Boone took Wake deep in '03. YSII was a ballpark and you could feel it as walked inside. YSIII is a monster of a building that just happens to have a baseball diamond in the middle. There exists a certain stagnation and not as much "Yankee Aura & Mystique (appearing nightly)" as in YSII.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Yankees want UConn: In today's Hartford Courant, Des Connor's byline is all about the game. Two quotes stand out:
1. From Mark Holtzman, Yankees executive director of non-baseball events: "we want you to consider Yankee Stadium down the road your home away from home, and hopefully this is the start of many games that you'll be playing here in the future."
2. From Warde Manual per Des: "Manual also said he would be all for the Huskies playing at the Stadium once in awhile."

I'm actually getting a bit giddy about this. It sounds like Warde has a plan. And as an extensions to our B'port hoop games, UConn can market the hell out of this game (and hopefully others to come) to our fans in the 068 zipcode.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As a matter of principal I have never set foot in Yankee Stadium nor in Faux Yankee Stadium.

Last time I went to Yankee Stadium was July 4th, 1983. I vowed to never go back. But this isn't the same place.

Husky25

Reaction Score
UConn can market the hell out of this game (and hopefully others to come) to our fans in the 068 zipcode.

Nope...that costs money...;)

Reaction Score
YSIII is a monster
Just curious why do you refer to it as YSIII? Are you referring the to the renovation of Yankee stadium making it to YSII? Before they played there they were at the polo grounds

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just curious why do you refer to it as YSIII? Are you referring the to the renovation of Yankee stadium making it to YSII? Before they played there they were at the polo grounds

Quite simply because the original Yankee Stadium is not the same venue as what the team played in from 1976-2008. It wasn't a renovation. It was a rebuild. The original building was more or less gutted and only the outside walls remained, while a new ball park was erected inside.

Reaction Score
I like this. Building a strategic partnership with the Yankees. Maybe we can build something where we play a high profile opponent there once every two years or more. Tie it into season ticket packages. It could be someothing innovative.

Reaction Score
I guess, though I don't much like the idea of playing high profile opponents at the house that Ruth didn't have anything to do with. It sets a horrible precedent. If they want to consider it a "neutral site" game I guess I'm less opposed. Even the opponent's home game like Army is. But we have a home stadium. And it isn't the Faux.

Reaction Score
Everyone has some character flaws.
I think this could also be a build-up to a potential rivalry. Think about, UConn calls Yankee stadium their home away from home. Well, who would hate this? Boston Fans??? Maybe just maybe, this is the sting that drives the Boston Football Fans into wanting to play UConn....I mean I can dream can't I!

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think this could also be a build-up to a potential rivalry. Think about, UConn calls Yankee stadium their home away from home. Well, who would hate this? Boston Fans??? Maybe just maybe, this is the sting that drives the Boston Football Fans into wanting to play UConn....I mean I can dream can't I!

The Patriots would kick the shat out of my beloved Huskies. That's just discouraging...:cool:

Reaction Score
For those who have not been there, that is really what I was trying to communicate. The new place is not where the Sox were no-hit by Dave Reghetti, Where Byun-Hun Kim melted down three nights in a row, where Jeter dove into the third base boxes, or where Aaron Boone took Wake deep in '03. YSII was a ballpark and you could feel it as walked inside. YSIII is a monster of a building that just happens to have a baseball diamond in the middle. There exists a certain stagnation and not as much "Yankee Aura & Mystique (appearing nightly)" as in YSII.
And no one really cares what you think, if you can't see the value of us playing in Yankee Stadium, that's your problem.

Husky25

Reaction Score
And no one really cares what you think, if you can't see the value of us playing in Yankee Stadium, that's your problem.
Yet another Boneyarder with a comprehension problem. I thought it was just in tge Cesspool or visitors. Try reading the enter post instead of every other word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom