UConn Army game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Army game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I now it doesn't mean much to others here and rightfully so since it hasn't resulted in points yet, but Verducci's play calling and play design has been superior to anything we have seen since Weist's last three games or the days of Edsal.

Our QB is 12-16 for 177 yards. That was like a final stat line for a good game by Frazer hahaha.

Reaction Score
I now it doesn't mean much to others here and rightfully so since it hasn't resulted in points yet, but Verducci's play calling and play design has been superior to anything we have seen since Weist's last three games or the days of Edsal.
He's been awesome.

Reaction Score
The offense is good and entertaining. The defense is turning out to be the disappointment. Never would have expected it.

I do trust that the defense will turn around eventually. The season is still very young.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
We get Fatukasi back in the second half. Its time to see more plays like Campenni had on 3rd down. Plays in the back field...plays that are made by beating your man off the snap.

I forgot about that. Fatukasi will help stuff the middle but maintain lateral athleticism.

Reaction Score
The offense is good and entertaining. The defense is turning out to be the disappointment. Never would have expected it.
Keep saying our LBs are just not very good. DLine is covering a lot of weakness. DBacks playing very poorly.

Reaction Score
Well, I am underwhelmed so far. May be expectations were too high. We came out with a pass completion then couple of runs with no gains. Then more running plays and punts. Defense have problems with stopping the triple options which has been in the news all week. So either we do not have the athletes or we did not prepare properly. BS is saving UConn, OL needs to give BS time and holes for the backs. Defense steps up. I am really hoping for UConn by 2 touchdowns at the end.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Keep saying our LBs are just not very good. DLine is covering a lot of weakness. DBacks playing very poorly.

Take away 1 big play and I think the D is fine. Army will get their running yards.

Reaction Score
Kickoff coverage has been very good. Those guys are blowing up the line of returners. The last kickoff they blew them up into the runner. D needs to step it's game up.

Reaction Score
We need a satellite Florida campus.
Have UConn build a campus in Ruskin (Hillsborough Country)...Merge it with Hillsborough Community College - South Shore campus (one of 7 campus HCC has).

Reaction Score
Have UConn build a campus in Ruskin (Hillsborough Country)...Merge it with Hillsborough Community College - South Shore campus (one of 7 campus HCC has).
Let's just buy FGCU.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Thank god for the penalty.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
How lucky is that fumble recovery?

Reaction Score
Wow, holding call negated big run by Army. Carrezola 15 was big with a sack. Army is got to punt. Army is going for it. Let's go UConn!, stop them at 4th down!!

Reaction Score
Let's just buy FGCU.
I was thinking of the fb scene in Hillsborough County.. Armwood, Plant, Jefferson, East Bay, Lennard, Strawberry Crest and Stienbrenner (yes, for George). How's the fb scene in Lee County?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Second half - goals: to win of course
and see both the oline and dline have more success in the trenches. Gonna need better open field tackling from the d secondary as well. that last tackle in the hole by Adams was terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom