UConn, Army cancel four future football games, reschedule two other contests (FBS Schedules) | The Boneyard

UConn, Army cancel four future football games, reschedule two other contests (FBS Schedules)

Reaction Score
Background: Future of Army Series Due to AAC move in doubt

-> Under a pair of separate agreements, UConn and Army were contracted to play football games in East Hartford, Conn., on Sept. 7, 2024 and Nov. 10, 2029 and in West Point, N.Y., on Oct. 11, 2025 and Oct. 14, 2028. All four of those contests have been mutually canceled, per a copy of the contract amendment obtained from the University of Connecticut via a state Freedom of Information Act request.

As part of the amendment, Army West Point agreed to pay the University of Connecticut a one-time payment for liquidated damages in the amount of $50,000.

News of the cancellation of the 2024 and 2025 UConn-Army contests was previously known due to other scheduling releases, but not confirmed until now.

In addition to the cancellation of the four games previously mentioned, UConn and Army have also agreed to reschedule their game in East Hartford for the 2027 season. Previously set for October 23, the two schools will now meet on November 20, 2027. <-

Reaction Score
This was well known that we wouldn't be able to keep all four Army games on the schedule. We were able to schedule a home and home with Delaware with our home game in November, which is a huge boost and the Army game in 2027 will also be of November.

We are in good shape schedule wise going forward. As an independent November home games are always a little tough to come by. Army in Delaware have helped us out nicely.

Reaction Score
As much as I respect Army and what they do with a team that cant be built solely on football talent, I just don't enjoy their brand of offense. Hopefully we book more interesting games

Reaction Score
This was well known that we wouldn't be able to keep all four Army games on the schedule. We were able to schedule a home and home with Delaware with our home game in November, which is a huge boost and the Army game in 2027 will also be of November.

We are in good shape schedule wise going forward. As an independent November home games are always a little tough to come by. Army in Delaware have helped us out nicely.
No, we are not in good shape going forward. Our two nearest FBS independents feeling forced to join a conference is going to make it very difficult to find enough games for late October and November.

Reaction Score
As much as I respect Army and what they do with a team that cant be built solely on football talent, I just don't enjoy their brand of offense. Hopefully we book more interesting games
4th, their coach went to something different in 2023. I enjoy going to West Point for a game.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
No, we are not in good shape going forward. Our two nearest FBS independents feeling forced to join a conference is going to make it very difficult to find enough games for late October and November.
Anyone who thinks football is in good shape with what happened is delusional. There are no more Independents. Just UConn on an island.

Notre Dame is an ACC team, they just don’t play for the league title.

Reaction Score
Have they reached out to the PAC? Or are their schedules filled with MWC opponents?

Reaction Score
Another nail in the proverbial coffin.

My sons' football team in Mass just had UMass visit 2 of his teammates and one of their leads was how now they are in a conference and now have stability and a shot at the CFP (as crazy as that is). Good luck Coach Mora.

Reaction Score
We need to schedule 1 game each year for 2025-2027.
We're in good shape.
We may be in a conference by 2028 or 2029?
Shouldn't be that difficult, since I doubt Uconn will be the only FBS school looking for games, due cancellations /adjustments with Army and Umass joining a conference . Should be about 14 or so schools (FBS) per year, not named Uconn, who will also have future openings. So I'm sure DB is on it waiting to cherry pick those schools needing to fill slots due to cancellations by those 2.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Here we go....like I said in the thread about UMass to the MAC....you all can think we're ok for now until this starts happening. Sure, it's Army, but those interesting P4 teams are going to have no trouble cancelling and writing a check as a consolation.

I'd much rather be playing Army than the game against Delaware we replaced it with. I'd also rather be playing Army than any G5 team on our schedule for this year. So yeah....this one blows and it's just not going to get any better.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Another nail in the proverbial coffin.

My sons' football team in Mass just had UMass visit 2 of his teammates and one of their leads was how now they are in a conference and now have stability and a shot at the CFP (as crazy as that is). Good luck Coach Mora.
Last year Mora was banging the drum about NIL. I can guarantee he'll be banging on about conference affiliation this season with the new CFP and once they start losing out to UMass on recruits.

Reaction Score
once they start losing out to UMass on recruits.

Yup, I agree. That is next, especially when UMASS starts winning more games due to their easier schedule. I really hope we are lobbying to be MAC football team # 14. It would be a massive upgrade for our football program.

Reaction Score
Scanning future Army and UMess schedules, replacement possibilities include Iowa (2 UConn connections, head coach & AD), Mizzou, Hawaii, Colorado, Wake, etc. Benedict or others in the AD have likely been in contact with most schools Army and UMess have canceled or will cancel, as well as this guy and his team:

Meet Dave Brown, college gridiron scheduling guru

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yup, I agree. That is next, especially when UMASS starts winning more games due to their easier schedule. I really hope we are lobbying to be MAC football team # 14. It would be a massive upgrade for our football program.

Last year Mora was banging the drum about NIL. I can guarantee he'll be banging on about conference affiliation this season with the new CFP and once they start losing out to UMass on recruits.
I'm sorry but this just overblown. UMass is not going to start out recruiting us just because they joined the MAC. As it has been shown over the last decade or so, the resources available at UConn are much higher than those available to UMass. Any decent coach will be able to outrecruit UMass 9 times out of 10 if they are serious about a player

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but this just overblown. UMass is not going to start out recruiting us just because they joined the MAC. As it has been shown over the last decade or so, the resources available at UConn are much higher than those available to UMass. Any decent coach will be able to outrecruit UMass 9 times out of 10 if they are serious about a player
I will admit my UMass comment was dumb. But the idea of losing a recruit because we aren't in a conference is a reality and one Mora has mentioned. That was where I was trying to go with my comment. Just used the wrong way to say it.

Reaction Score
MAC schools aren't out-recruiting us now; why would UMass be able too? If we joined the MAC, I guarantee our recruiting would suffer.

Does Liberty out-recruit us? They are in a worse conference than the MAC. What evidence do you have that we out-recruit all of the MAC schools?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Does Liberty out-recruit us? They are in a worse conference than the MAC. What evidence do you have that we out-recruit all of the MAC schools?
Liberty is not in the MAC and they can throw money bags at players left and right.

Reaction Score
We are on a leaking ship and can’t bail fast enough. Why the PAC 2 isn’t on our schedule is friggin malpractice with at least one home or away every year for the next 4 years. Same goes for ND on a 1 away and one NY or Boston game. I can’t stand our AD. Delaware. Eph Delaware. I haven’t bought season tickets at FBS prices for the last 25 years to watch glorified FCS level football. They better start stepping up. Tired of this nonsense.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
We are on a leaking ship and can’t bail fast enough. Why the PAC 2 isn’t on our schedule is friggin malpractice with at least one home or away every year for the next 4 years. Same goes for ND on a 1 away and one NY or Boston game. I can’t stand our AD. Delaware. Eph Delaware. I haven’t bought season tickets at FBS prices for the last 25 years to watch glorified FCS level football. They better start stepping up. Tired of this nonsense.
The Pac-2 will likely be in a conference for 2026 so I would not worry about scheduling them.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I expect the UMass series and Ole Miss series to be cancelled as well. The SEC is likely going to 9 conference games in 2026.

We will still be fine though. The ACC won't be going to 9 conference games as long as Notre Dame is an Olympic sports members as schools like Florida State, Clemson, and Louisville will not want to play 11 P4 every third year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom