UConn Approves Plans For New 2,500-Seat Ice Hockey Arena | The Boneyard

UConn Approves Plans For New 2,500-Seat Ice Hockey Arena

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The UConn Board of Trustees took a step toward the construction of a new ice hockey arena on campus Wednesday, approving plans for the facility.

The arena will seat 2,500 and be located adjacent to and connected to the Freitas Ice Forum. Hockey East requires that schools have an arena to play in on campus.

[LINK]

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The UConn Board of Trustees took a step toward the construction of a new ice hockey arena on campus Wednesday, approving plans for the facility.

The arena will seat 2,500 and be located adjacent to and connected to the Freitas Ice Forum. Hockey East requires that schools have an arena to play in on campus.

[LINK]
Before anyone asks:

UConn also submitted a request to the conference to allow for 2,500 seats instead of 4,000, which was approved in September.

I hope they build it to allow for future expansion if it doesn't add prohibitively more expense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad to see that. Given the economic reality of the state, it's nice to see them coming up with the necessary funds for this. I'd love to see Gampel expanded, but realize that's probably next to impossible, so I'd love to see them renovate the inside. Add more seats, get rid of the concrete benches, etc etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom