UConn Announces SNY Games to be Streamed by FoxSports [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Announces SNY Games to be Streamed by FoxSports [merged thread]

Reaction Score
But since:
  • I am in CT
  • Have Frontier (does NOT carry SNY, BUT DOES have Fox)
Am I now able to stream SNY via HULU or am I blocked because Frontier does not carry SNY????

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I"m not sure, but I would guess that since you're in SNY Market Area that you will be blocked out. Let us know on Game Day.

But since:
  • I am in CT
Am I now able to stream SNY via HULU or am I blocked because Frontier does not carry SNY????

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
But since:
  • I am in CT

The way it should work is that you don't need to be a subscriber to SNY but do have access to a Fox network, usually this is your local Fox programming. You should have access to this via a cable provider, DirecTV, Dish (this may be a problem because currently Fox local is not available on Dish here in the NC Triad), YouTube TV, and Hulu live. There could be more.
Once you download the Fox Sports app, when you open it you will need to select your provider and log in. Then hopefully you will have access to the game streaming.

Big caveat: I just downloaded the Fox Sports: Live Stories... app on my phone and I don't have access to the live broadcast (Big Noon Kickoff) even though it is on my TV via YouTube TV. :eek:

But I added it to my Roku and am having no trouble viewing Big Noon Kickoff (which is currently being broadcast on my local Fox station on YouTube TV).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The way it should work is that you don't need to be a subscriber to SNY but do have access to a Fox network, usually this is your local Fox programming. You should have access to this via a cable provider, DirecTV, Dish (this may be a problem because currently Fox local is not available on Dish here in the NC Triad), YouTube TV, and Hulu live. There could be more.
Once you download the Fox Sports app, when you open it you will need to select your provider and log in. Then hopefully you will have access to the game streaming.

Big caveat: I just downloaded the Fox Sports: Live Stories... app on my phone and I don't have access to the live broadcast (Big Noon Kickoff) even though it is on my TV via YouTube TV. :eek:

But I added it to my Roku and am having no trouble viewing Big Noon Kickoff (which is currently being broadcast on my local Fox station on YouTube TV).

I am not so sure about that, because SNY is offered by other cable/streaming companies in the area they will probably blackout the games on the Fox app in this area. The reason people OUT of SNY's area can stream via Fox with a Fox sub is because they literally can't get SNY no matter what they do.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But since:
  • I am in CT
I think you are screwed since you do not live outside SNY's market. You need a carrier that has SNY.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And ESPN3 is the same as ESPN+, I assume as last year?
No, not at all. ESPN3 is a way to stream ESPN content. It's only free if your content provider supports it. For instance, YouTube TV does not support ESPN3. So I don't get it.

Reaction Score
No, not at all. ESPN3 is a way to stream ESPN content. It's only free if your content provider supports it. For instance, YouTube TV does not support ESPN3. So I don't get it.
You may want to check again because YoutubeTV supports ESPN3 for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    790.8 KB · Views: 98

Centerstream

Reaction Score

You may want to check again because YoutubeTV supports ESPN3 for me.
@soxfan23 is correct, if you have YouTube TV you have access to ESPN streaming.
At times ESPN referred to it's streaming as ESPN3 but now it is mostly referred to as the ESPN App. Within the app you have access to all games that ESPN is streaming for free via the Watch link. Also available in the app is the link for ESPN+ which requires a separate subscription. I have it via a Disney+ package.
But I think the main thing here is that ESPN will not be streaming any UConn games that are not being televised by one of the ESPN channels. The SNY out of market streaming will be via the Fox Sports app/service.

Reaction Score
@soxfan23 is correct, if you have YouTube TV you have access to ESPN streaming.
At times ESPN referred to it's streaming as ESPN3 but now it is mostly referred to as the ESPN App. Within the app you have access to all games that ESPN is streaming for free via the Watch link. Also available in the app is the link for ESPN+ which requires a separate subscription. I have it via a Disney+ package.
But I think the main thing here is that ESPN will not be streaming any UConn games that are not being televised by one of the ESPN channels. The SNY out of market streaming will be via the Fox Sports app/service.
I just read the FOX Sports app user reviews on their website and they are awful. Apparently lots of glitches that need to be fixed.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I just read the FOX Sports app user reviews on their website and they are awful. Apparently lots of glitches that need to be fixed.
Games not yet listed on the Fox Sports app schedule.
I concur. On my phone, it sometimes just doesn't work and no future schedules are available.
On my Roku, events are available and the future scheduling is not available.
My only concern is that next Saturday at 12:55PM I have the UConn game available.

Reaction Score
I checked the FOX sports app schedule today for Saturday December 12. There is no listing of the Uconn wbb
game against Lowell. Are you guys SURE it will be streamed on Fox Sports Go??

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Courant Article on how to watch SNY Games. Whether you’re tuning in locally or across the country, here’s how to watch UConn women’s basketball games this season

I've search the FoxSports Link and changed date to Live TV to December 12th and the UConn Game is not listed.
The thing that is confusing me on both apps, Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go, is that their current schedules show "Live TV", no streaming events.
I certainly hope that after SNY signed the streaming agreement with Fox Sports that both parties actually made the necessary changes and that they were TESTED!!!!
BTW I was a software and web tester for 25 years so I know what does and doesn't happen with new technology. I am guessing that Fox Sports has a streaming mechanism for BTN+ (even though I have yet been able to do any streaming on either app) but there's no guarantee that the same thing will work when streaming SNY.
Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
The thing that is confusing me on both apps, Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go, is that their current schedules show "Live TV", no streaming events.
I certainly hope that after SNY signed the streaming agreement with Fox Sports that both parties actually made the necessary changes and that they were TESTED!!!!
BTW I was a software and web tester for 25 years so I know what does and doesn't happen with new technology. I am guessing that Fox Sports has a streaming mechanism for BTN+ (even though I have yet been able to do any streaming on either app) but there's no guarantee that the same thing will work when streaming SNY.
Fingers crossed.
My interpretation is the Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go apps are 100% streaming, by definition. It looks like all the events the Fox Sports app is streaming are from live TV somewhere, such as the UConn game which will be broadcast live on SNY TV. (I think the Fox Sports Go app is just so you can watch Fox from a mobil device when you're not at home with your cable.)

I'm anticipating the UConn game showing up in the "Live TV" category (but, as with ESPN3 in the past, not until the last minute, in order to give out-of-market UConn fans every opportunity to freak out and have heart attacks before the game).

Reaction Score
Can some noble, altruistic BYer contact the UConn athletic dept. and/or Fox Sports and seek clarification??

Centerstream

Reaction Score
My interpretation is the Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go apps are 100% streaming, by definition. It looks like all the events the Fox Sports app is streaming are from live TV somewhere, such as the UConn game which will be broadcast live on SNY TV. (I think the Fox Sports Go app is just so you can watch Fox from a mobil device when you're not at home with your cable.)

I'm anticipating the UConn game showing up in the "Live TV" category (but, as with ESPN3 in the past, not until the last minute, in order to give out-of-market UConn fans every opportunity to freak out and have heart attacks before the game).
I agree that by definition each Fox Sports app is streaming. My point was that an event that is 100% live streaming (ie not televised on any Fox station) is not on the schedule of either source when "televised" events for the same time frame are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom