UConn Announces SNY Games to be Streamed by FoxSports [merged thread] | The Boneyard

UConn Announces SNY Games to be Streamed by FoxSports [merged thread]

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet from Daniel V Conolly.

UConn women’s basketball announces that all games on SNY will be broadcast on the Fox Sports App for out of market viewers.

UConn Article. UConn Announces Streaming Services For 2020-21 SNY Games - University of Connecticut Athletics

This is Great News for UConn fans and those fans of other programs that want to watch UConn. However, must have Fox as part of your Cable or Streaming Service.

The stream outside of SNY's primary four-state market (CT, NY, NJ, PA) will be available at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers who have FOX as part of their television package. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at https://www.foxsports.com/ or in the FOX Sports app.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So if I get Fox Sports on DISH, I'll be able to watch the game live on the FOX Sports app?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So if I get Fox Sports on DISH, I'll be able to watch the game live on the FOX Sports app?

That's great. I get FS1 and FS2 on DirecTV. SNY is available but at an additional expense as it is part of their "optional" sports package. This saves me money I would have otherwise had to spend. Today is a good day. :)

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Loaded it onto my Roku television this afternoon. Hoping it all comes true on December 12!

Reaction Score
Great News for our out of area fans, I knew there was ZERO chance Fox was going to let ESPN stream these games. When UConn made the move to the Big East Fox viewed the women's team as almost as important as the men's team.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Thank You Cat
I signed up...it was actually routine.
I was amazed how easy it was
and its far better than ESPN
For some reason, Northern Vermont was blacked out.
And only replays were available.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This must really piss off both ESPN and FloSports with SNY making FoxSports their streaming source.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Watching the Marquette vs Wisconsin men's game on the app right now.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm surprised NBC Sports didn't pick up the Streaming as they are SNY's Streaming Partner if you live in SNY Market Area. I presume Fox Sports got it, because Fox Sports has the rights to all other Big East Games.

This must really piss off both ESPN and FloSports with SNY making FoxSports their streaming source.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm surprised NBC Sports didn't pick up the Streaming as they are SNY's Streaming Partner if you live in SNY Market Area. I presume Fox Sports got it, because Fox Sports has the rights to all other Big East Games.
They might have had to offer it to Fox first and if they had turned it down then to either NBC or someone else. Fox knows that the UConn women's basketball is a high demand product nationwide and will make money off the streaming.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
That's great. I get FS1 and FS2 on DirecTV. SNY is available but at an additional expense as it is part of their "optional" sports package. This saves me money I would have otherwise had to spend. Today is a good day. :)
Just trying to make something that probably is obvious crystal clear.
The Fox Sports is for streaming live games that are televised live on TV (SNY). Seeing that you have FS1 and FS2, and most likely a local Fox station, you can stream the games using the Fox Sports app. When you get into the app, you will use DirecTV as your tv provider. The caveat is that you will need a streaming mechanism, for example a Smart TV, a Roku or a Firestick (and others methods-these are the 3 I use).
Again, this is all about streaming.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's great news, Cat. Thanks for posting it!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This seems to work only if you have an online account with your TV provider such as DISH, DirecTV, etc. Not sure what you're supposed to do if you don't have an online account.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom