UConn and Wyoming Home & Home Series Announced (Updated Dates) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and Wyoming Home & Home Series Announced (Updated Dates)

Reaction Score
Fly to Denver and drive up via 287. If you don't plan on getting banged up before/during the game, consider staying in Fort Collins - home to New Belgium among dozens of other breweries with a pretty unique pizza place called BeauJo's. If you do stay in Laramie (which would be significantly cheaper per night), you have to go the Buckhorn Bar - lots of country dancing going on and not the line kind...swing, aerials, the whole bit...lots of fun.

Reaction Score
Fly to Salt Lake City, UT and make the drive to Laramie. It's gorgeous and I'd imagine the flight to Salt Lake is much cheaper.
Flying to Denver is another option. Denver is only a little over 2 hours. I can get inexpensive flights from Orlando to Denver through Frontier as long as my wife doesn't pack too much. I can find flights less than $400 on Southwest as well but of course who knows what the fares will be in future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fly to Salt Lake City, UT and make the drive to Laramie. It's gorgeous and I'd imagine the flight to Salt Lake is much cheaper.
Denver is less than a three hour drive from Laramie.

Reaction Score
Fly to Denver and drive up via 287. If you don't plan on getting banged up before/during the game, consider staying in Fort Collins - home to New Belgium among dozens of other breweries with a pretty unique pizza place called BeauJo's. If you do stay in Laramie (which would be significantly cheaper per night), you have to go the Buckhorn Bar - lots of country dancing going on and not the line kind...swing, aerials, the whole bit...lots of fun.
Is it like a lot of this cowboy bars, liquor up front, poker in the rear?

Reaction Score
Denver is less than a three hour drive from Laramie.

I know......but I was going more for the beauty of the drive. If you hate the outdoors and want to get there ASAP than yeah Denver is closer.

Reaction Score
I looked up the cheapest November weekend flight from BDL to Laramie. It was about $650, not horrible. The catch is that I've flown from LAX to New Zealand in less time. It was 17 freaking hours.

Quickest flight I saw was about 8.5 hrs.

I imagine flying to Gonzaga would be just as bad.
Cheyenne should be better. And Denver is less than 3 hrs away.
Personally I’m stoked. I just closed on 35 acres a half hour outside of Laramie. Gives me a goal to finish the cabin.

Reaction Score

This is the way.

Reaction Score

-> UConn and Wyoming previously entered into an agreement in January of 2022 to play football games on Aug. 29, 2026 (Week Zero) at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie, Wyo., and on Sept. 15, 2029 at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn.

According to a copy of an addendum to the contract obtained from the University of Connecticut, the game in Laramie in 2026 has been rescheduled and will now be contested on Saturday, Nov. 28 that season, which will be the regular-season finale for both schools. All other provisions of the original agreement, including the date of the game in 2029 in East Hartford, remain unchanged.<-

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

-> UConn and Wyoming previously entered into an agreement in January of 2022 to play football games on Aug. 29, 2026 (Week Zero) at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie, Wyo., and on Sept. 15, 2029 at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn.

According to a copy of an addendum to the contract obtained from the University of Connecticut, the game in Laramie in 2026 has been rescheduled and will now be contested on Saturday, Nov. 28 that season, which will be the regular-season finale for both schools. All other provisions of the original agreement, including the date of the game in 2029 in East Hartford, remain unchanged.<-

This helps with scheduling.

Reaction Score

Very bummed about the dates. Went from a great time to visit Wyoming to being Thanksgiving weekend and freezing temperature. Hopefully the date change has to do with scheduling a great opening day opponent.

Reaction Score
Very bummed about the dates. Went from a great time to visit Wyoming to being Thanksgiving weekend and freezing temperature. Hopefully the date change has to do with scheduling a great opening day opponent.
I concur. I was looking forward to road trip in late summer. Much different in November

Reaction Score
Hopefully a great payday opponent.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the date change has to do with scheduling a great opening day opponent.
Hopefully a great payday opponent.
It’s a home game…

“UConn still has one opening on their schedule for the 2026 season. The Huskies are slated to host Lafayette, Maryland, Indiana, UMass, and James Madison and travel to North Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, and Wyoming.”

Reaction Score
It’s a home game…

“UConn still has one opening on their schedule for the 2026 season. The Huskies are slated to host Lafayette, Maryland, Indiana, UMass, and James Madison and travel to North Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, and Wyoming.”
Gotchya - that's what I get trying to comprehend while watching the madness.

Reaction Score
2026 Away/Laramie game: flipped to more challenging to schedule late season date (11/28), but opens up a much easier to schedule 0 week game (8/29).

Miss out on an ideal late summer visit fans to Wyoming/neighboring states, but the 2026 schedule change frees up Week Zero 8/29 (or 9/5***) for a needed 6th home game. Ideally, the home half of a P5 home & away contract. Wishful, a P5 conference opponent.

*** Alternatively, a P5 home game on 9/5; requires changing Lafayette to either 8/29 or to some other season. Then, a different FCS or an additional FBS home opponent can be scheduled Week Zero or One.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why we aren’t playing UMass the last week of every season. Seems like such a natural fit for Rivalry Weekend
I have felt like this also. The only Two New England flagship schools that play FBS and have a long history playing one another. Hell of a lot better than trying to create a rivalry out of thin air.

Reaction Score
For both UMess and UConn, the respective ADs reportedly agreed on mutual-scheduling flexibility. Games will occur, don’t care when.

Bottom line: Apparently, the ADs actually responsible for scheduling and revenue generation prioritize filling entire schedules vs forcing a Week 12 game. Late season + oft crappier weather in Amherst or East Hartford ==> potentially lower attendance than in earlier weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom