UConn and The NCAA | The Boneyard

UConn and The NCAA

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A lot of people here think the NCAA is out to get UConn. There is certainly some evidence that could point you in that direction.

UConn is just about in a position where they have nothing to lose. Why doesn’t the school act accordingly and come out swinging.

Why isn’t UConn screaming through every channel about what the NCAA (right or wrong) hasn’t done about situations like North Carolina or Michigan State.

Why are they so passive and docile? Why are they not attacking the NCAA day and night? Why are they not accusing Emmert of a witchhunt based off his failures here.

I have my ideas - anyone else have a theory?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
a combination of incompetence and insecurity. AD David Benedict is flying by the seat of his pants and I think the scar tissue of past investigations has left the entire program feeling vulnerable and helpless. They need the arrogance and self-confidence of a program with 4 national championships in the past 20 years. Hopefully one of the natty banners falls on Dave's head to wake him the hell up

Reaction Score
UConn had a far better case against the NCAA with the ridiculous rules change that retroactively screwed them with APR issues that had already happened.

And how did that work out, again ? Not sure there is a damn thing anyone can do to fight the NCAA. They are the organization that oversees university athletics. Period.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They’re not bombastic message board posters and they might be guilty?

1. Everyone is guilty - who cares
2. Regardless of my potential guilt the NCAA is even more corrupt
3. If I’m guilty I’m even MORE inclined to attack their credibility

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn had a far better case against the NCAA with the ridiculous rules change that retroactively screwed them with APR issues that had already happened.

And how did that work out, again ? Not sure there is a damn thing anyone can do to fight the NCAA. They are the organization that oversees university athletics. Period.

Yeah Penn State just sat back and took it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Because, we've been bombastic in the past and that barred us from the ACC and got us where we are now. They don't want to piss off other programs or the NCAA.

Reaction Score
A lot of people here think the NCAA is out to get UConn. There is certainly some evidence that could point you in that direction.

UConn is just about in a position where they have nothing to lose. Why doesn’t the school act accordingly and come out swinging.

Why isn’t UConn screaming through every channel about what the NCAA (right or wrong) hasn’t done about situations like North Carolina or Michigan State.

Why are they so passive and docile? Why are they not attacking the NCAA day and night? Why are they not accusing Emmert of a witchhunt based off his failures here.

I have my ideas - anyone else have a theory?
If the information being put out is correct...a "3rd party" made some sort of allegations. Wouldn't the NCAA be required to investigate it? Question is rhetorical, but I do not know the answer.

Reaction Score

Deep pockets (at least $18 million) and a willingness to fight got UNC bupkis from the NCAA recently. It can be done, but you got to lawyer up and how.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
The obvious and well-trodden conspiracy theory, which I find plausible, is that Athletic Director Dave is okay with the investigation -- especially if he is aware of any actual violations (though nothing rising to the level of "lack of institutional control"), because he might be able to avoid paying KO's buyout and hire a new coach who, at worst, would be short a couple scholarships in the short term. Even in this scenario he has to be hoping the investigation wraps up quickly.

That said, @whaler11, in your other thread you implied the violations might be much worse. If that is the case then I hope the athletic department would try to go down swinging.

Reaction Score
Another cryptic posting.

If you know something please just say it as several people (and several times) have already implored you to do in another thread. Otherwise it really is just blowing smoke..

Reaction Score
I think part of the problem is that we aren’t one of the schools that can get away with anything and our leadership knows it. We don’t have friends at the NCAA and we don’t have friends in the P5. We are a thorn in the side of our competitors and Emmertt hates us.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
-Susan and AD Dave don't want to be black listed from any future P5 gigs.

-Gives Herbst further ammo to de-emphasize athletics at UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Fishy your reply held up to your Whalers first question. But after his amendment above, I believe (and I'll do it for you) there is a need for you to add a 3rd reason in response to Whalers #3 here.

3) They're not Donald Trump*

*discalimer. I'm not talking politics, but personality. If it needs to go as a rules violation I get it.

Two of my favorite posters come in and bat 1.000. Kudos.

The path is now public knowledge - why not use it? Because the interests of the school don’t align with the personal interests of those we employ.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Whatever is going on I'm so tired of going through high drama every season and off season.

Reaction Score
Why? Because THEY still hold out out hope for a p5 invite. I don't think they want to be the ones pointing the finger at the dirty P5 schools and the sham NCAA investigations in those cases. They would love if someone else did the dirty work for them I'm sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because, we've been bombastic in the past and that barred us from the ACC and got us where we are now. They don't want to piss off other programs or the NCAA.

There is nothing to lose. Don’t worry you aren’t putting a Big 10 invite at risk.

We climbed in the coffin on our own - maybe try to get out before they hammer in the nails.

Reaction Score
Two of my favorite posters come in and bat 1.000. Kudos.

The path is now public knowledge - why not use it? Because the interests of the school don’t align with the personal interests of those we employ.
Just saw this. Started my reply before I lost service in a dungeon.

Reaction Score

I flip between Susan being clueless on athletics or her trying to de-emphasize winning. It's one or the other and maybe a little of both

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The evidence continues to pile up that we have the athletic program we deserve.

Maybe this go round they can take the death penalty for a spin if we sent someone’s family on a few free flights or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom