Uconn and the FF | The Boneyard

Uconn and the FF

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If there was ever a doubt UConn showed last nite again why they are the best team in WCBB. Balance on both sides of the ball and Relentless on both sides of the ball. They are very quick ball handlers that can handle just about every situation thrown at them. Fans were worried about MD and Baylor. They are no longer here.

UConn couldve beat down Oregon worst then they did. In the second half it appeared the press and break were called off. UConn did what they do and they did all nite. I think everybody understands after watching last nites game that UConn is a well oiled machine and so difficult to play against that when they get it going its total and completely a knock out punch. Opponents dont realize what is happening to them until its over and it happens so fast. Opponents are dazed.

The FF will showcase the 4 teams left. Miss St if first and imo dont worry. Miss St is a very good team and they are very well coached. They are having a tremendous season, but this is UConn and they take no prisoners. UConn plays at a different level as we saw again last nite. I dont care about any close games UConn has had. I dont care about anything all I know is UConn will not lose next weekend and for the next two seasons...well... it could be an embarrassment to opponents. Geno the Greatest Coach in all sports has his team at a level that no other team has every played at especially for this long. Led by confidence in what they do UConn leaves no hope for opponents.

I can tell you now barring injuries and ridiculous foul trouble this team will steamroll next weekend. I dont expect any game to be close. What do I mean by close. Double digit wins. What do I mean by Steamroll. 25+ pt wins and it could be worse then that. Once you get down to UConn you get buried and its only a matter of time before it happens.

Fans were talking about how tuff UConns bracket was. Well thats over with. Next weekend there will be alot of interviews and talking about this team and what theyve accomplished again. Its no surprise and there will be no surprises with the outcomes of their games next weekend.

Give Geno and his coaches all the credit. They do it and do it and do it and do it and do it and do it do it and do it and then they do it again.

We're Going to the VERY Top.

Reaction Score
I do think uconn is winning next weekend but i think miss st is going to give them a good game as i could see this collision coming from the first time i saw them play. They run the court hard for the full 40mins just like uconn and no other team i seen this season does that.

Reaction Score
I have been thinking everything that you just expressed Tony. Could there be a closer game than we would like, yes anything is possible but all that matters is the win in the end. . I will say it again this team's destiny is to win the big prize.

Reaction Score
The only thing i wonder is if they face stanford in the nc game will geno run the score up to stick it to tara? How will kls feel about crushing her sisters hopes of winning a nc which kls already has?

Reaction Score
The only thing i wonder is if they face stanford in the nc game will geno run the score up to stick it to tara? How will kls feel about crushing her sisters hopes of winning a nc which kls already has?
Hopefully South Carolina will solve this problem for us. Rather take my chances in a rematch than the sister v. sister distractions.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure about Geno running up the score, but anyone who's had an older sibling will probably agree that while you certainly love them, there's probably also a strong desire for payback for all the abuse you took growing up. I think Lou will play "out of her mind" if she ends up facing Karlie.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I fully expect Miss St to be similar to the TX game this year and not the TX one last year because I think Vic is a better coach than Karen, so I expect a tough hard game with us prevailing. They have all the tape they need and all the fresh memories of last year to be much better prepared for Uconn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
One big difference I saw this weekend is teams run on emotion. UConn runs on execution. No matter what happens in the game UConn runs their stuff. Other teams dont they lose enthusiasm and they lose their poise and panic. UConn doesnt. The mental pressure that UConn puts on opponents is what makes for blowouts. UCLA had a girl that knocked down all those long distance shots which kept them in the game plus Geno slowed the game down because UConn was tired but UConn still won by double digits. This UConn team to do what theyve done with only one starter coming back is off the charts unrecognizable and with the pressure of the NCAAs theyre still doing it at a higher level.

Reaction Score
I fully expect Miss St to be similar to the TX game this year and not the TX one last year because I think Vic is a better coach than Karen, so I expect a tough hard game with us prevailing. They have all the tape they need and all the fresh memories of last year to be much better prepared for Uconn.
I absolutely agree with this. MS State has lot of reason to be motivated in this game. Yes, teams play on emotion, but when motivated, the good teams (and I think MS State is a good team) do what they do well, and in the case of MS State, it's running and coming after the opponent. So I figure this game to be a lot closer than last year, though a UConn win just the same. Twenty points, maybe.

Stanford is different. They will throw a tough defense at UConn, and I expect the score to be somewhat lower than usual. Still, UConn has every reason to be motivated, and I see them winning, again by about 20.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree with this. MS State has lot of reason to be motivated in this game. Yes, teams play on emotion, but when motivated, the good teams (and I think MS State is a good team) do what they do well, and in the case of MS State, it's running and coming after the opponent. So I figure this game to be a lot closer than last year, though a UConn win just the same. Twenty points, maybe.

Stanford is different. They will throw a tough defense at UConn, and I expect the score to be somewhat lower than usual. Still, UConn has every reason to be motivated, and I see them winning, again by about 20.
I wonder right now if Tara regrets cancelling the series with Uconn - it has been three years since she has seen up close and personal what they are doing, and that means she hasn't really seen anyone except Chong and a very young and inexperienced Kia in game action. She does have a few players to have actually beaten Uconn on her squad, but that was back when they were babies as well.
Tara has my great respect as a coach and a tactician, but I think it would now be attractive to her to have played this team once already this season.

Reaction Score
Ms guard is quick like Ucla guard Canada, so it will be a different game from Oregon.

Reaction Score
Who says Stanford is going to be in the final? South Carolina can beat them and I hope they do.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Lou will be sorry and contrite ... after the tournament. Or not.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm sure sitting out last year has KLS wanting one that's really hers; plus, listening to NC and GW talk after the Oregon game about carrying the torch for those that came before, I felt was really enlightening. Other teams are motivated to have a great season, these Huskies are looking to secure their place in a continuum. How they transform that from pressure to performance is the really phenomenal aspect.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Who says Stanford is going to be in the final? South Carolina can beat them and I hope they do.
And honestly who says Uconn will be in the final either, MSS can beat them but I certainly hope they don't!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was listening to the ESPN commentary and Nell Fortner said Miss St can score with UConn. Let me comment on that statement. Miss St she said is averaging 90 pts a game in the NCAA. OK. First of all Miss St will not score alot of points against UConns defense unless UConn is in deep foul trouble. Second how will Miss St keep UConn from scoring alot of pts? Its true Miss St can score alot of points, but they wont do it against UConns defense. So for Miss St how will they slow down the UConn Steamroller? I dont think they will. I like UConn in this one by 18+. UConn has 5 elite scorers who can put up alot of points. UConn has 5 elite defensers who can shut you down. Miss St doesnt.

Reaction Score
No, why would he do that?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was listening to the ESPN commentary and Nell Fortner said Miss St can score with UConn. Let me comment on that statement. Miss St she said is averaging 90 pts a game in the NCAA. OK. First of all Miss St will not score alot of points against UConns defense unless UConn is in deep foul trouble. Second how will Miss St keep UConn from scoring alot of pts? Its true Miss St can score alot of points, but they wont do it against UConns defense. So for Miss St how will they slow down the UConn Steamroller? I dont think they will. I like UConn in this one by 18+. UConn has 5 elite scorers who can put up alot of points. UConn has 5 elite defensers who can shut you down. Miss St doesnt.
One of the other problems with MS St on offense is that they are not balanced, with only 2 "go to" scorers on their team, Vivian & William, both of whom have had games where they struggled. UConn will likely contain both of them and then I don't know where the Bulldogs find their scoring.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

ESPN needs to say whatever it can to try to convince people the game will be competitive. I used to be in the camp that said there were 2 ways we can lose to a top opponent. 1) Foul Trouble 2) A Bad Shooting Night

After watching this team however, I really can't see us having an off shooting night since this team, more than any I can remember, is getting so many uncontested shots both inside and outside. If we go 0-4, our inside twins will find a layup or 4 foot bank shot to break any bad vibes. Of course foul trouble on the front line where it is hard to control is also possible but I think Nat is a good matchup and would not be overwhelmed playing against any of the final 3 teams. If I recall, she played well against SC and really mucked it up with Coates and Wilson. Finally there are fewer things more sure in this life than Morgan William not having a game of the ages with the improvement of our perimeter defense in general and our willingness to remove any hot player by targeted defense.

Feeling more relaxed than at any time this season. Lets do it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ESPN needs to say whatever it can to try to convince people the game will be competitive. I used to be in the camp that said there were 2 ways we can lose to a top opponent. 1) Foul Trouble 2) A Bad Shooting Night

After watching this team however, I really can't see us having an off shooting night since this team, more than any I can remember, is getting so many uncontested shots both inside and outside. If we go 0-4, our inside twins will find a layup or 4 foot bank shot to break any bad vibes. Of course foul trouble on the front line where it is hard to control is also possible but I think Nat is a good matchup and would not be overwhelmed playing against any of the final 3 teams. If I recall, she played well against SC and really mucked it up with Coates and Wilson. Finally there are fewer things more sure in this life than Morgan William not having a game of the ages

Feeling more relaxed than at any time this season. Lets do it.
Excellent point about Nat. For MS St, I actually think Nat is a little more athletic than either of MS St's post players.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe Syracuse or UCLA will give MSU a hard time. I'd rather play MSU any day over UCLA. Geno is not going to let Morgan W. dictates the game like she did to Baylor, she will be double up and trap, Kia and Saniya will take her out of her rhythm as soon as the game starts.
Uconn by 30.

Reaction Score
If UCONN plays its 'B' game on Friday I think we/they advance. Stanford moves to Sunday if they can keep Davis and Harris to 20-25 points total. Wilson will get hers presuming she stays out of foul trouble which Stanford might try and exploit. If Dawn can get these kids to execute for something even remotely close to 40 minutes they have a chance to run the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom