UConn and the Alliance of American Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Alliance of American Football

Reaction Score
Why? Or did I miss the sarcasm?

What makes the AAF interesting? It's minor league football without any good players. At least minor league baseball has future players to watch
I’m dead serious, the NFL is low key backing this.

Reaction Score
Is it low key? Thought it was public.
Do you see a lot of advertising?

No.

They’re going to test drive the league this Spring and make an effort to ‘promote’ some of the better players to NFL camps. That way they build the association in public conscious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you see a lot of advertising?

No.

They’re going to test drive the league this Spring and make an effort to ‘promote’ some of the better players to NFL camps. That way they build the association in public conscious.

CBS has been pushing it pretty hard for a few weeks - but I was agreeing that I was aware the NFL was supporting them.

Reaction Score
CBS has been pushing it pretty hard for a few weeks - but I was agreeing that I was aware the NFL was supporting them.
I think it will attract a ton of eyeballs and the key will be play quality; how in sync are the QBs, #of presnap penalties, etc

Reaction Score
I once watched the Pensacola Goshawks...sort of in between college and semi-pro.

Roger Staubach was quarterback...the team was made up of base personnel from the Pensacola military bases.

They played Quantico, Youngstown State, Troy State and others...

Reaction Score
sure and ill watch some. you certainly are risking your health though so there is something to lose

Salaries will average of $75,000. A contract will include state-of-the-industry health insurance and an education stipend to any player who completes a year in the league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Salaries will average of $75,000. A contract will include state-of-the-industry health insurance and an education stipend to any player who completes a year in the league.

handy for ten years later when the concussions have taken their toll.

Reaction Score
In a purely pragmatic perspective, few if any educational stipends will be paid. Dollars to donuts, NFL or CFL teams may pick up the extreme cream of the crop skewing the salary average higher. Such acquistions will occur before the 364th day of a year and very few of the rest will last as long with one team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In a purely pragmatic perspective, few if any educational stipends will be paid. Dollars to donuts, NFL or CFL teams may pick up the extreme cream of the crop skewing the salary average higher. Such acquistions will occur before the 364th day of a year and very few of the rest will last as long with one team.

Every player in the league spent multiple years in a university. What are they going to use the stipend on? SNHU online?

Reaction Score
Every player in the league spent multiple years in a university. What are they going to use the stipend on? SNHU online?
If not possibly completing a university degree, trade school might be more beneficial. Then, toss in a few Bud-wei-sers. As for a partial-year "state-of-the-industry health insurance" policy helping with longer-term CTE ... ;)

Reaction Score

Every kid came from a school where he can use the stipend. For example, Louisville kids have unpaid hooker bills to pay. Of course, UNC kids are not eligible as they never went to class

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom