Men - UConn and the 2022 MLB Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn and the 2022 MLB Draft

Reaction Score

Casey Dana also played corner infield spots for Seton Hall, so there is some flexibility for where he could play on the professional level. Nice to see another UConn guy get picked. Waiting hopefully for at least a couple more Huskies to get picked.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t seem like Stock or Donlan r gonna be taken in the draft

Reaction Score
How does Stock not get drafted? Team leader with pop, hits for a high average and plays great defense. Not even worth a flier?

I don’t get that either. To me, he seemed like a much better prospect than Casey Dana. Unreal hitter for 3 years here until he tried to play through an injury second half of last year, and had a big time MLB righfielders arm.

Reaction Score
O.K., we've seen who wasn't drafted. I'd be shocked if Eric Stock doesn't go pro anyway (even if he has eligibility left) as he has little left to prove. But for those closer to the program than I am, does that mean we expect to see Ben Huber, David Smith and Justin Willis back for another year?

Reaction Score
O.K., we've seen who wasn't drafted. I'd be shocked if Eric Stock doesn't go pro anyway (even if he has eligibility left) as he has little left to prove. But for those closer to the program than I am, does that mean we expect to see Ben Huber, David Smith and Justin Willis back for another year?
Stock doesn't have any eligibility left so he will be gone. I'd expect the other 3 to be back though. Chris Jones specifically mentioned the possibility of Huber and Willis coming back if they weren't drafted (and Donlan which is obviously not the case now). Didn't mention Smith but he was only a sophomore so he should definitely be back

Reaction Score

From what I understand, Erik Stock has used up his college eligibility. Huber, Smith, and Willis are all playing summer ball. Unless they sign a free agent contract like Matt Donlan did, I would expect all three to be playing for UConn baseball next season.

Reaction Score
Stock doesn't have any eligibility left so he will be gone. I'd expect the other 3 to be back though. Chris Jones specifically mentioned the possibility of Huber and Willis coming back if they weren't drafted (and Donlan which is obviously not the case now). Didn't mention Smith but he was only a sophomore so he should definitely be back

Remember, Smith redshirted a year with UConn after playing his freshman season at LaSalle, so he is eligible to go pro if someone signs him. Whatever the case, I would expect David Smith to be back with UConn next season. He is currently playing in the Cape Cod League.

Reaction Score
Devin Kirby is playing summer ball out in California for the Healdsburg Prune Packers. At this point I expect he will be back at UConn in the fall. Of course, with all these guys, that is my best guess.
Not holding you to anything. LOL. I appreciate that you are a source for this type of knowledge, even if you don't know everything.

Reaction Score
Not holding you to anything. LOL. I appreciate that you are a source for this type of knowledge, even if you don't know everything.

General rule of thumb. None of the players mentioned above have used up all their college eligibility. None of the players are in the transfer portal, they are all playing summer ball, they were not drafted, or yet been signed to go pro as a free agent. Also, I believe Kirby, Huber, Smith, and Willis have all been mentioned recently in UConn baseball tweets in terms of playing summer ball. All these are signs to me that these players will probably be returning for another season of UConn baseball.

By the way, another veteran UConn player T.C. Simmons also fits in with all of the above as well.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan I know that the Sox don’t have a ton of talent at the catchers position in the minors. Which could make this a great opportunity for Donlan especially if he stays strong defensively behind the plate.

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan I know that the Sox don’t have a ton of talent at the catchers position in the minors. Which could make this a great opportunity for Donlan especially if he stays strong defensively behind the plate.
I look forward to the day when Donlan and Wallace are battery mates at Fenway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom