UConn and the 2018 NCAA Men’s Soccer Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 NCAA Men’s Soccer Tournament

Reaction Score

Soccer on a Thursday night in a potential Nor'easter is going to result in a very empty Rent. I know there's pride involved, but, what about looking at Marzook at U Hartford, Sage in Berlin, or Veterans in New Britian?

Reaction Score
Why not just play at EO Smith? I read on twitter that it's gonna cost money to play at the Rent. And why not play in the afternoon seeing there's gonna be snow?
Soccer on a Thursday night in a potential Nor'easter is going to result in a very empty Rent. I know there's pride involved, but, what about looking at Marzook at U Hartford, Sage in Berlin, or Veterans in New Britian?

They would have had to be pre-approved (maybe UH/CCSC has a facility profile on file) and check all the boxes for field/stadium ops, locker/medical facilities etc... https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ch...ccer/d1/men/2018-19DIMSO_PreChamps-Manual.pdf

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/soccer/d1/men/2018-19DIMSO_HostOpsManual.pdf

Reaction Score

Parking:
  • FREE
  • Lots 7 and 8 will be open, starting at 12 p.m. (aka Blue Lots)
Ticket Information:
  • Admission to the game is FREE for all UConn Students - first-come, first-serve while supplies last
  • Ticket Prices: General Admission - $7, Groups (20+) - $2, Indoor Club Level Seating - $21
  • To purchase your tickets to the game in advance, please call 877-288-2666 or stop by the ticket office on the UConn campus to pick them up!

Reaction Score
They would have had to be pre-approved (maybe UH/CCSC has a facility profile on file) and check all the boxes for field/stadium ops, locker/medical facilities etc... https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ch...ccer/d1/men/2018-19DIMSO_PreChamps-Manual.pdf https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/soccer/d1/men/2018-19DIMSO_HostOpsManual.pdf

I know U HaHa hosted NCAA tournaments back in the 1990's and I do recall a UConn playing a 'home' game at Veteran's in the '90's, too. Of course, that was 20 years ago, yikes.

Reaction Score
Would love to go but working. And it looks like no media at this point.
Hopefully we get a shot against Indiana with a little exposure against #2.

Reaction Score
I know U HaHa hosted NCAA tournaments back in the 1990's and I do recall a UConn playing a 'home' game at Veteran's in the '90's, too. Of course, that was 20 years ago, yikes.

I recall a UConn women's soccer game being played at University of Hartford sometime last decade. I think it might have been against Texas.

Reaction Score

Parking:
  • FREE
  • Lots 7 and 8 will be open, starting at 12 p.m. (aka Blue Lots)
Ticket Information:
  • Admission to the game is FREE for all UConn Students - first-come, first-serve while supplies last
  • Ticket Prices: General Admission - $7, Groups (20+) - $2, Indoor Club Level Seating - $21
  • To purchase your tickets to the game in advance, please call 877-288-2666 or stop by the ticket office on the UConn campus to pick them up!

With the time change the game will now be broadcast on WHUS. Just got confirmation from the station.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've already seen a UConn football team beat Rhody at the Rent this year, looking forward to another.

Reaction Score
Fuller: Ray Reid has UConn soccer back in NCAA Tournament after two-year absence

>>When Reid looks at the failure to earn NCAA Tournament bids in 2016 and ’17, he feels as if he needs to do nothing more than to look in the mirror.

“Our goal is to make the tournament every year. The last two years, I failed,” Reid said. “I failed the program, I failed the athletic department that we didn’t make the tournament.

“I’m in charge; it’s on me and it’s not on anybody else. The guys have earned us back in and we want to win some games. It’s a great group of guys, we’re much closer to where we need to be. The mentality has changed, we’ve gotten real winners back in the program right now.”<<

Reaction Score
Fuller: Ray Reid has UConn soccer back in NCAA Tournament after two-year absence

>>When Reid looks at the failure to earn NCAA Tournament bids in 2016 and ’17, he feels as if he needs to do nothing more than to look in the mirror.

“Our goal is to make the tournament every year. The last two years, I failed,” Reid said. “I failed the program, I failed the athletic department that we didn’t make the tournament.

“I’m in charge; it’s on me and it’s not on anybody else. The guys have earned us back in and we want to win some games. It’s a great group of guys, we’re much closer to where we need to be. The mentality has changed, we’ve gotten real winners back in the program right now.”<<

The Hartford Courant and a couple other papers will do the occasional article on the UConn men's soccer team. I don't recall seeing much on UConn soccer in the past from any of the Hearst papers in Connecticut, so it is good to see this coverage.

Reaction Score
I'm switching up mojo for second half... going from eyes to ears (WHUS) for second half (also heading in for evening shift).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom