Men - UConn and 2021 MLB Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn and 2021 MLB Draft

Reaction Score
With rocker being their first round pick they might be able to dangle more over slot money to sign Ziegler.
Other way around, Rocker is going to be well above slot to sign

Reaction Score
Kellington just went as the first pick of the fourth round to Pittsburgh

Reaction Score

White is currently committed to Penn State Football. He also held a UConn Football offer in 2021.

Reaction Score
I knew Owen Kellington was highly regarded, but I wasn't expecting that he would go this high.

The PIrates, in rounds two and three, drafted multi-sport players (Bubba Chandler - Clemson, and Lonnie White - Penn State) who will take overslot amounts to sign. They may have a deal in place to sign Kellington for less than slot to bank some money to use for Chandler and/or White.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Kellington will still come to UConn? Will be a very interesting decision for him

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
According to MLB.com his slot is $571K. If he goes to UConn and excels- he can make a heck of a lot more than that.....

Reaction Score
Towards the end of round 9. Perhaps a little later than I would’ve thought but I’m not about to start hoping he returns.

I guess Kyler is our only other guy that had a shot to go today that’s still on the board.

Reaction Score
According to MLB.com his slot is $571K. If he goes to UConn and excels- he can make a heck of a lot more than that.....
It'll be interesting to watch. Their top pick should be below slot and save some money, but they have a few guys like Bubba Chandler who will be expensive to sign

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Towards the end of round 9. Perhaps a little later than I would’ve thought but I’m not about to start hoping he returns.

I guess Kyler is our only other guy that had a shot to go today that’s still on the board.
I don't think he comes back. I thought he was streaky this year but more out of synch than in synch. I think he has some pretty good upside for a catcher and after turning down the Yankees years ago in I think the 11th round- it is time for him to follow his dream.

Reaction Score
I don't think he comes back. I thought he was streaky this year but more out of synch than in synch. I think he has some pretty good upside for a catcher and after turning down the Yankees years ago in I think the 11th round- it is time for him to follow his dream.

Yankees picked Pat Winkel in the 31st round when he was coming out of high school. Seems to me that after the 20th round a lot more players picked in the draft went to or stayed in college than those picked earlier on.

Of course, that was before MLB eliminated a bunch of minor league teams including most of the short season A and rookie leagues, and limited the draft to 20 rounds. Still think MLB wants to use the college system as a replacement for the low level minor leagues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom