UConn Alums "Reign of Threes." Fun WNBA Weekend on TV. | The Boneyard

UConn Alums "Reign of Threes." Fun WNBA Weekend on TV.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching 4 WNBA games on TV this weekend. (With that and baseball back on TV, it was a wonderful "stay at home" weekend.) Two big comebacks by teams with a strong UConn presence: MN and CHI. Phee and Crystal were the mainstays of the MN comeback. Gabby was a definite contributor to the Chi comeback.
By my count, EIGHT Husky alums hit a three-pointer this weekend. Among the more unexpected were Kiah Stokes, Gabby, and Stef. Also hitting from deep were Phee (fortuitous bounce), Crystal, Azura, Mo and Katie Lou. Did I miss anyone?
On a more pessimistic note, I wonder how long baseball can last. The Marlins already have a large covid outbreak among players and staff (tonight's game cancelled). Hard to see how the league will avoid more, since they are not in a "bubble."

Reaction Score
I hope Lou will prove me wrong because she was one of my favorite Uconn players that last few years but I am having my doubt that she will have much success in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
It seemed to me that lockdown made keeping up with conditioning hard for several players (not only UConn alums). I'm hoping some of the rust falls off in the next couple weeks. TBH I was pretty pleased with the caliber of play this weekend, good play and energy from most of the teams. Of course, if you go without WBB for long enough it's all exciting. :D:D:D

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I hope Lou will prove me wrong because she was one of my favorite Uconn players that last few years but I am having my doubt that she will have much success in the WNBA.

I've had the same guilty feeling. I hope I'm wrong because she was one of my college favorites, along with our very own Sophie Cunningham.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
KML had 1 but not shooting well. Who would have thought Gabby is the better 3 pt shooter. 2 quick 3's to start off the game against LA. :eek:

Reaction Score
gabby and azura both shooting pretty good from 3 through first 2 games - interesting.
very incredible how gabby is a backup PG in the W. she could really play the 1, 3 and 4 on both ends of the court...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom