UConn Alumni All-Star Game 8/12 (Mohegan Sun) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Alumni All-Star Game 8/12 (Mohegan Sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

This is a charity event with no current players - so not a problem at all. It's really not a basketball game or purported scrimmage - there is no defense played - and we will have to listen to the women fans brag about how just one or that one scored against whatever man was supposively guarding her.
Oh well, it's for charity - so it's all good!

Reaction Score
Calhoun charity game brings former UConn stars from men’s, women’s teams together

I think chief's head might explode knowing Enoch was training with a woman.

Former UConn guard Rita Williams, who graduated in 1998 and played several seasons in the WNBA, is a distant cousin of current UConn rising sophomore Steve Enoch.

“My niece is his cousin,” Williams explained. “I’ve known Steve since before he was born.”

Williams recalls playing against Enoch when he was much younger at cookouts and other family functions in Norwalk.

“He wasn’t sure what he wanted to do, he just knew he was big,” she recalled. “I think he was just kind of trying to figure out what he was trying to do.”

A few weeks ago, Enoch went down to Atlanta to work out with Williams at the Elevate Sports Academy that she runs.

“He has tremendous upside,” Williams said of Enoch. “I think the issue with him was that he started late. It’s a good thing, because he doesn’t have bad knees. But it’s a bad thing because he has to play catch-up. But he has so much potential. You can just see in his footwork, his skill development. I think his upside is gonna be great.”

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Calhoun charity game brings former UConn stars from men’s, women’s teams together

I think chief's head might explode knowing Enoch was training with a woman.

Former UConn guard Rita Williams, who graduated in 1998 and played several seasons in the WNBA, is a distant cousin of current UConn rising sophomore Steve Enoch.

“My niece is his cousin,” Williams explained. “I’ve known Steve since before he was born.”

Williams recalls playing against Enoch when he was much younger at cookouts and other family functions in Norwalk.

“He wasn’t sure what he wanted to do, he just knew he was big,” she recalled. “I think he was just kind of trying to figure out what he was trying to do.”

A few weeks ago, Enoch went down to Atlanta to work out with Williams at the Elevate Sports Academy that she runs.

“He has tremendous upside,” Williams said of Enoch. “I think the issue with him was that he started late. It’s a good thing, because he doesn’t have bad knees. But it’s a bad thing because he has to play catch-up. But he has so much potential. You can just see in his footwork, his skill development. I think his upside is gonna be great.”
Actually if some of Chris Dailey's Bigs coaching can get transferred via a guard Rita Williams that's all good.

Reaction Score
Two guys who will never go out of their way for fans: Lamb and Drummond. Turned down multiple autograph and picture requests including a few kids. Felt bad for the little kids.

Reaction Score
Two guys who will never go out of their way for fans: Lamb and Drummond. Turned down multiple autograph and picture requests including a few kids. Felt bad for the little kids.
Quite frankly, they just won't go out of their way for the casual fan. There's a difference, see.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, they just won't go out of their way for the casual fan. There's a difference, see.

I got your point - and that may be how it seemed to one particular casual fan at a point in time. No list of antidotal stories I can give will change that opinion. But, I have seen Andre do all kinds of stuff for casual fans just like that fan lots of times.

As I have said before, sometimes there is other stuff going on or other commitments that the casual fan doesn't know about - don't take it personally. They should make an effort and Andre usually does and I saw him do it last night on several occasions. Let's give him credit for getting on a plane to attend also. Calhoun isn't paying him to sttend LOL!
Lamb, I am not as familiar with but he has always been pleasant to me in passing but to you that may not count because I am not in your "casual" fan category. He is a little quiet by nature but actually he can be funny in an understated manner. Maybe the quiet is misread as not caring?

Reaction Score
I got your point - and that may be how it seemed to one particular casual fan at a point in time. No list of antidotal stories I can give will change that opinion. But, I have seen Andre do all kinds of stuff for casual fans just like that fan lots of times.

As I have said before, sometimes there is other stuff going on or other commitments that the casual fan doesn't know about - don't take it personally. They should make an effort and Andre usually does and I saw him do it last night on several occasions. Let's give him credit for getting on a plane to attend also. Calhoun isn't paying him to sttend LOL!
Lamb, I am not as familiar with but he has always been pleasant to me in passing but to you that may not count because I am not in your "casual" fan category. He is a little quiet by nature but actually he can be funny in an understated manner. Maybe the quiet is misread as not caring?

Their travel and accommodations are paid for by the charity. And trust me, most of these guys and their multimillion dollar contracts take the free flight and room.

C

Chief00

Their travel and accommodations are paid for by the charity. And trust me, most of these guys and their multimillion dollar contracts take the free flight and room.

Ok - I did not know the arrangement.

C

Chief00

People are always going to view something as to how their kids made out. It is what it is.

Coach said having the girls play was his wife's idea - and it helped made more $'s for charity. All good. Pat's ideas are always good ones. You married guys know what I mean.

Andre may have had some of his expenses reimbursed but no one pays the players to attend.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
People are always going to view something as to how their kids made out. It is what it is.

Coach said having the girls play was his wife's idea - and it helped made more $'s for charity. All good. Pat's ideas are always good ones. You married guys know what I mean.

Andre may have had some of his expenses reimbursed but no one pays the players to attend.

Worked out great. got to watch some hoops in the first and fourth quarters and play craps in between.
I like the format.

Reaction Score
I know that one year, a current NBA player with a big multimillion dollar contract requested four first class tickets and a limo for his wife and mother to go visit friends when they wanted that weekend. And I know one other NBA player who drove his own car 10-12 hours to get there.

Reaction Score
Translation: JimOllie didn't get his ball signed by Andre and Jeremy. Boohoo

Already had Lamb sign something and will never ask Drummond to sign anything. Least favorite husky ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom