UCONN Alum NBA Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN Alum NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnSwag11 said:
How's Gordon been looking?

Looked great tonight (although he had to guard Pierce late and Pierce hit a couple big shots on him). He was unguardable at times.

Looks like we have duplicate threads that need merging.

Reaction Score
Caron went off in the 4th quarter to get the pistons back in it, only for them to lose anyway..

Reaction Score
napier getting early tick, great chance he'll be part of the rotation this season, at least i hope. even when granger gets back, they don't play the same position.

Reaction Score
napier getting early tick, great chance he'll be part of the rotation this season, at least i hope. even when granger gets back, they don't play the same position.
One handed bounce pass to Chalmers off the dribble was sick

Reaction Score
Well, 2nd foul on a guy shooting a 3 so Bazz probably won't be playing for a minute now, lol. Thought Wroten stuck the leg out on that one tho.

Reaction Score
Shabazz with two fouls on 3pt shots tonight though. Although I will say the second looked like a complete flop; not sure if he even made any contact with the shooter.

Reaction Score
sixers took advantage of his overzelousness. in the nba you have to amp up shot contesting, but flopping is also amped up so its hard to do. had some nice moments, think he'll come in for his other 7-8 minutes end of 3rd.

Reaction Score
We are a special bunch. Watching a 76ers game to get a few glimpses of Bazz instead of the Auburn Ole Miss game, or actually doing something.

Reaction Score
Kemba is 10 of 37 on the season, that's a bit concerning.

Shabazz looked great tonight, though he doesn't seem to be looking for his own shot much. Spo even let him finish the game with the first unit.

Reaction Score
Kemba is 10 of 37 on the season, that's a bit concerning.

Shabazz looked great tonight, though he doesn't seem to be looking for his own shot much. Spo even let him finish the game with the first unit.
Bazz looks like "2012-2013 first half of games Bazz" meaning he's passing up alot of open shots. He's doing a great job of moving the ball and throwing timely passes, but I would like to see him shoot more. From what I watched he passed up about 2 3s and had a few instances where he had a big in a switch where he could've taken the stepback jumper.

Reaction Score
Bazz looks like "2012-2013 first half of games Bazz" meaning he's passing up alot of open shots. He's doing a great job of moving the ball and throwing timely passes, but I would like to see him shoot more. From what I watched he passed up about 2 3s and had a few instances where he had a big in a switch where he could've taken the stepback jumper.

Yup, he's definitely passed up a few open shots, but that part of his game will probably come as he continues to get acclimated to the pro game. I don't blame him much for deferring for now, but the more I watch, this might be a tailor-made situation for him. The starting PG job is very winnable and he + Bosh seems like a good match. Plus, Spo is a really good coach.

On a different note, Wade might be done, and the patch-work roster they strung together this year kinda hinged on him being good. I don't know what the long-term plan is here.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
On the topic of Bazz. The heat chose not to extend Norris Cole today. Making him a free agent next summer.

Reaction Score
Yup, he's definitely passed up a few open shots, but that part of his game will probably come as he continues to get acclimated to the pro game. I don't blame him much for deferring for now, but the more I watch, this might be a tailor-made situation for him. The starting PG job is very winnable and he + Bosh seems like a good match. Plus, Spo is a really good coach.

On a different note, Wade might be done, and the patch-work roster they strung together this year kinda hinged on him being good. I don't know what the long-term plan is here.

This again? A bad shooting night and it starts already I see. The guy is getting his feet under him for what is going to be a long season, and he still handed out 10 assists last night. Of course he isn't the explosive guy he used to be, but people should be used to this by now. As for the long term plan, I imagine that it is the same as it always is for Miami. Compete, win, go to the playoffs. They have also positioned themselves nicely for 2016 free agency with the way they have structured their player contracts. Just a very well run organization that isn't going to fade away as some people seemed to think would happen.

Reaction Score
This again? A bad shooting night and it starts already I see. The guy is getting his feet under him for what is going to be a long season, and he still handed out 10 assists last night. Of course he isn't the explosive guy he used to be, but people should be used to this by now. As for the long term plan, I imagine that it is the same as it always is for Miami. Compete, win, go to the playoffs. They have also positioned themselves nicely for 2016 free agency with the way they have structured their player contracts. Just a very well run organization that isn't going to fade away as some people seemed to think would happen.

The bad shooting night doesn't alarm me, the fact that his free throw rate has fallen off a cliff does. The guy used to live at the line and he just doesn't have the explosion he used to. I'm a huge D-Wade fan but he needs to be closer to 2010 Wade than 2013 Wade for this Heat team to compete with Chicago and Cleveland, and I just don't think he can find that gear consistently anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom