UCONN All Time Starting 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN All Time Starting 5

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Found this article. For me, totally agree with their all time starting 5...

UCONN all time starting 5

Sue, Dee, Maya, Stewie, Tina

Some of the reserves were interesting...

6th man - Rebecca Lobo

Reserves; Moriah Jefferson, Napheesa Collier, Nykeesha Sales, Kerry Bascom, Renee Montgomery, Jennifer Rizzotti, Kara Wolters, Swin Cash

Not sure how you leave Abrosimova off the list. And for sheer talent, Lobo is not the "6th man"... (I know many would disagree with that sentiment - she's our most important recruit of all time, but not the 6th most talented on an "all UCONN" team... IMHO).

Reaction Score

some of the reserves were interesting...

6th man - Rebecca Lobo

Reserves; Moriah Jefferson, Napheesa Collier, Nykeesha Sales, Kerry Bascom, Renee Montgomery, Jennifer Rizzotti, Kara Wolters, Swin Cash

Not sure how you leave Abrosimova off the list. And for sheer talent, Lobo is not the "6th man"... (I know many would disagree with that sentiment - she's our most important recruit of all time, but not the 6th most talented on an "all UCONN" team... IMHO).
Hard to pick players from different eras and positions. It’s an exercise, to be sure, but better gained walking your dog—or cat in my case.

Reaction Score
Definitely the starting 5. For now. And have started and played together for USA basketball.

Reaction Score
Dee, Stewie, Maya, Bascom, and I'll go with KML. May not be the best 5 but I'll take on any other 5, all-time, any school, any era with this team. Tough to leave off Bird, Tina, Svet, Nylesha and Laura Lishness :)

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Swin Cash bumps Tina Charles and makes my starting line-up.
She was phenomenal.

Swin doesn't receive enough ink as a former Husky.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
As Dokey says, it is hard to compare players from different eras. However, POY honors indicates worth in comparison to your peers at the time. All five starters were POYs, as was Lobo. The only others I believe were Rizzotti and Wolters. I would not put either one of those ahead of Lobo for sixth man.

The list is also one short for a full fifteen person squad. I see a vote for Abrosimova; I think Ralph deserves consideration.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not a shabby second 5 either out of the reserves.

And among the totally missing, Tiff Hayes, KML, KLS, Ann Strother, Aja Jones, Barb Turner, Kalana Green, Charde Houston. We’ve had our share of really good ones and more on the way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Some of the reserves were interesting...

6th man - Rebecca Lobo

No Tamika Williams? Yeesh.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not a shabby second 5 either out of the reserves.

And among the totally missing, Tiff Hayes, KML, KLS, Ann Strother, Aja Jones, Barb Turner, Kalana Green, Charde Houston. We’ve had our share of really good ones and more on the way.
Still no Tamika Williams? Just crazy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Swin Cash bumps Tina Charles and makes my starting line-up.
She was phenomenal.

Swin doesn't receive enough ink as a former Husky.
Tina Charles beat out Maya for NPOY. Swin was not even close. Swin gets a lot of respect. It's Tina who doesn't. :)

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
This was the starting 5 for the Olympic team exhibition against Canada in Bridgeport a few years ago. They also plaayed together at times in the Olympics that year. I remarked at the time that I thought it might be the only time for any team in any sport that their all time team actually played together.

Reaction Score
Lobo, Stewie, Maya, DT and take your pick MoJeff or Bird.

Reserves: (4) Tina, Bascom, Sales, MoJeff or Bird.

Reaction Score
Who would be the best all time uconn womens coach...Balthazar? Auriemma? maybe :p

Reaction Score
Tina - 5

Stewie - 4

Maya - 3

D - 2

Sue - 1

An unbeatabe combination for the ages. I don't care what era, or what school.

Now just imagine what the bench would look like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom