Uconn Advances | The Boneyard

Uconn Advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
to the Big East Semifinals with a 3-1 win over Rutgers.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Heckuva game. Goal Patrol was represented with 9 students. Quite a lot of UConn people in attendance including Andrew Jean-Baptise's mom who was cheering with us all throughout the contest.
2 or 3 fights broke out but I don't know what happened exactly or how they escalated except one was after the game was over.

Within 5 minutes of Rutgers scoring the first goal of the game and taking a 1-0 lead, UConn answered very quickly (within 5 minutes) and answered knotting it up courtesy of DJB. That halted any momentum Rutgers could have gained from the goal. Shortly after UConn scored again to take a 2-1 lead via a Tony Cascio rocket from around 20 yards out.
And Diop made it 3-1 with some great moves through the Rutgers D and the entire team was ecstatic. Everybody even Andre Blake run down to the corner to celebrate.

Next up is Louisville on Friday. (EDIT* 5pm!) UConn beat L'Ville 1-0 either at their place courtesy of Mr. Diop. The Cards also missed a PK in that very hard fought contest.

P.S., I was able to meet Caroline Doty afterward who had made the trip down with some members of the Women's soccer team I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom