UConn adopts a $1B budget - needs to raise more athletics donations | The Boneyard

UConn adopts a $1B budget - needs to raise more athletics donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The new budget also includes a push for UConn athletics to raise more donations. Officials say they may have to review ticket prices, sports expenses, concession costs and ways to draw more fans to Storrs for sports matches beyond the headline-grabbing major teams."
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/tolland_cty/uconn-adopts-new-$1b-budget

I wonder how this might apply to football ticket prices, parking, concessions, and any other proceeds it negotiates for using the The Rent? Or how it influences a possible move for UConn FB to the ACC?

Reaction Score
We're going to need a traditionally stronger conference if the athletic department is going to become self sustaining.

Reaction Score
"The new budget also includes a push for UConn athletics to raise more donations. Officials say they may have to review ticket prices, sports expenses, concession costs and ways to draw more fans to Storrs for sports matches beyond the headline-grabbing major teams."
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/tolland_cty/uconn-adopts-new-$1b-budget

I wonder how this might apply to football ticket prices, parking, concessions, and any other proceeds it negotiates for using the The Rent? Or how it influences a possible move for UConn FB to the ACC?
Ticket prices will double, the seat donations will go up at least by 50%, your order of french fries will now be priced at an "affordable" $ 9.95, and those designer beers on tap will now be $ 15.00 for a smaller cup of beer.
(I don't think that my post is sarcastic, I actually envision this happening)

Reaction Score
I'm not sure there's enough demand for them to double ticket prices and come out ahead

Reaction Score
This explains why Pres Herbst is trying so hard to get us into The Big Ten or ACC. It is much easier to create tiered ticketing prices for games against Penn State, Michigan and Nebraska than vs Central Florida, Houston or Memphis!

Reaction Score
They could create more demand by giving cheap tickets to students, and more seats to students, and renting more buses for students. Fill up more of the stadium with students, then the demand would be there to keep ticket prices high.

Reaction Score
This explains why Pres Herbst is trying so hard to get us into The Big Ten or ACC. It is much easier to create tiered ticketing prices for games against Penn State, Michigan and Nebraska than vs Central Florida, Houston or Memphis!

sorry Nostical, but U better get used to the idea...

Reaction Score
Ticket prices will double, the seat donations will go up at least by 50%, your order of french fries will now be priced at an "affordable" $ 9.95, and those designer beers on tap will now be $ 15.00 for a smaller cup of beer.
(I don't think that my post is sarcastic, I actually envision this happening)
I do not know how raising prices helps to sell anything in this economy but who knows and I think they lowered seat donations for football this year or last year and also lowered hoops tickets also. But raised parking at the Rent this year.

Reaction Score
They could create more demand by giving cheap tickets to students, and more seats to students, and renting more buses for students. Fill up more of the stadium with students, then the demand would be there to keep ticket prices high.

Like this idea. More students the better.

Reaction Score
I agree 100%, that whole upper section above the current student section should be reserved and sold to the students, which would mean additional buses. That section is mainly open anyways, so the cost is in the buses, and that might be offset by the extra concessions these additional students might purchase…

Reaction Score
I agree 100%, that whole upper section above the current student section should be reserved and sold to the students, which would mean additional buses. That section is mainly open anyways, so the cost is in the buses, and that might be offset by the extra concessions these additional students might purchase…
Lewconn, I don't believe UConn shares in the concession revenue at the rent.

Reaction Score
I am from the school of thought that if you lower prices you will increase revenues and if you raise the prices you will lower total revenues. All it will do is give more reason to people to stay home or at the bar and watch the game for cheaper. The additional revenue they can retrieve from enticing more people to follow the team due to reasonably low cost and high value will show up in other ways outside of just the gate receipts and concession sales. They'll be more likely to buy merchandise and also increased ratings on SNY would command more money for their TV deal in the future. I hope they approach this from that perspective instead of doing the stupid thing and raise prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom