UConn AAU is imminent? | The Boneyard

UConn AAU is imminent?

Reaction Score
I thought this comment about AAU was interesting.

Faculty: Open letter to CT Gov. Ned Lamont on irreparable harm to UConn

An open letter to Governor Ned Lamont on UConn’s budget:

We write to you as endowed chairs and as distinguished professors at the University of Connecticut to express our deep alarm over the drastic budget cuts proposed for UConn. This severe draining of resources from academic units at the university will inflict permanent, irreparable harm to the Research-1 standing of the flagship university of the state of Connecticut and threatens its accreditation in the long run.

The proposed budget cuts would destroy graduate programs and high-level research and scholarship in nearly all departments in the university and eventually its well-known sports programs. That in turn will have a direct impact on students of all levels. Last year, West Virginia imposed devastating cuts on its flagship public university. We now risk following them in a disastrous race to the bottom, jeopardizing UConn’s national and international reputation and risking its imminent inclusion into the list of AAU prestigious public and private research universities.

Reaction Score
This is interesting. I searched and found the same article at the CT Examiner from Feb 4 and they typed the word "Immanent." I don't know which word actually appears in the letter.

Immanent - existing or operating within; inherent

Reaction Score
Not impressed...improper use of "immanent" vs "imminent"...

Reaction Score
Ugh. This is so tough. For years every dept in the state has had to deal with cuts. UConn, the perception was could operate without no regards for cutting back. Even the State Police hasn't had it as good as UConn.

That said i know we are at a crucial point for athletics and university as a whole and at the end of the day I'm a UConn sports fan.

Reaction Score
Ugh. This is so tough. For years every dept in the state has had to deal with cuts. UConn, the perception was could operate without no regards for cutting back. Even the State Police hasn't had it as good as UConn.

That said i know we are at a crucial point for athletics and university as a whole and at the end of the day I'm a UConn sports fan.
Everyone always wants to cut. When times are good, cut! Taxes are too high. When towns are bad! Cut, we can’t afford it!

Lamont can be a PIA, UConn shouldn’t have an open checkbook, but the economic footprint and return are there for dollars spent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom