UConn a #6 seed in latest Bracket Matrix | The Boneyard

UConn a #6 seed in latest Bracket Matrix

Reaction Score
The Bracket Matrix averages the projected tournament field from a lot of sources, and UConn is currently a 6 seed. There really is a lot of consensus about us, with almost every recent bracket placing us from 5 to 7. With no bad losses, but only one top-notch win, this seems totally fair.

A few notes:
  • Auburn (3 seed) is looking likely better win every game.
  • St. Bonaventure’s (5th team out) has obviously fallen.
  • VCU (13th team out) is not a bad win at all.
  • All of our (short-handed) losses are to top-7 seeds: Michigan St. (3!), Providence (7), and WVU (7). Beating just one of those three would have been great.
There are a lot of potential quality wins left in the Big East. Here is where the league stands:

5 - Xavier, Seton Hall, Villanova
6 - Good guys
7 - Providence
11- Creighton
Receiving votes - DePaul (4th team out), Marquette (9th team out), St. John’s (16th team out)

I see the Big East getting at least five bids no matter what, with six the most likely, and seven definitely possible. Perhaps most importantly, there is a whole lot of good basketball for us to watch the rest of the way!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info
Too early for anyone to be concerned with seedings
Gotta get to the dance first

Reaction Score
It's only December but its always nice to see where the league stands in the pecking order. I think that if the league gets 6-7 bids UConn is pretty much guaranteed to be one of those bids.

From here till March we just gotta make sure to go 10-10 or better. But please give me 13-7 :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom