UConn -9.5 v Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -9.5 v Creighton

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Glad I got in at -9.5. Spread at -10.5 now and moving. Money loves us at home.

Reaction Score
Of Creighton's last 6 games, three have been double digit losses, including by 34 at Nova, 17 at Butler (!), and 10 at Xavier. We're hopefully slightly better than Xavier.

Their wins in that stretch were convincing margins, but at home.

Further, Creighton (along with Nova and Maryland) gave us trouble last year because they played 5 out offenses that neutralized our rim protection. This year they do not. It should not be the same kind of struggle. They play 4 shooters, but 2 of them can't really shoot, so we can cheat off and Kalkbrenner/Feazall live in the paint.

Reaction Score
I'm not a bettor; I was just commenting on his dedication.

But I think betting for or against one's team is dumb irrespective of the line.

Never bet against UConn basketball in my life, and I never will. I put money on us to win the next natty every spring and occasionally bet the line if I'm feeling confident.

Reaction Score
Q2. Would probably move to Q3 if we win by a lot, will stay at Q2 if it's a close win or if Creighton wins.
Yeah, and subject to change the rest of the season too. Big East would very much like Creighton to stay in top 75 of NET.

Reaction Score
Creighton needs this one badly to keep any tournament hopes alive. A road win against us would help them greatly. I would like that to not happen.
They should have thought about that the last few years while they were kicking or ass.

Reaction Score
The whole theme for the season has to do with the Maryland game and the ending of the Creighton game. There should be plenty of motivation.
And also that they beat us 3xs last season should not sit well with us.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Would be great to beat them, I hadn't realized we are 0-3 and they were all last year. Ouch. Tear 'em up dogs!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never bet against UConn basketball in my life, and I never will. I put money on us to win the next natty every spring and occasionally bet the line if I'm feeling confident.
I’ve won a decent amount betting on them over the years.

Reaction Score
Same, holding 45/1 ticket for this year. Bet it every year, hitting 75/1 in 2014 was quite a fun night.

Reaction Score
My gut has a bad feeling about this one tonight.

Creighton might be having a down year, but last year they had our number.

They are coming off a really embarrassing loss and we got a HUGE one at Nova up next.

That all has me nervous. McDermott is no slouch of a coach.

Good luck to everyone giving the points. Hope you hit.

I’m just hoping it’s a W straight up.
I’m also just hoping for a W. 8 or 9 points against the spread means very little over the course of a full season and a loss would probably put this group in a bad mental space before 3 huge games. Just win

Not really worried on paper though. They have talented freshman, but they’re not really ready and often shoot themselves out of games. All of their efficiency comes from Kallbrenner and Hawkins. Of course if Nembhard goes off, it’s anyone’s game. But (knock on wood) he has been bad in Big East play.

Reaction Score
Felt this and DePaul fall under trap game territory with the gambit of the next 2 weeks. I have 2 teams to go for. Us and Auburn. They have that giant killer bama tonight.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
FYI Pork Chop’s left wrist is pretty heavily taped in warmups

Reaction Score
I’m also just hoping for a W. 8 or 9 points against the spread means very little over the course of a full season and a loss would probably put this group in a bad mental space before 3 huge games. Just win

Not really worried on paper though. They have talented freshman, but they’re not really ready and often shoot themselves out of games. All of their efficiency comes from Kallbrenner and Hawkins. Of course if Nembhard goes off, it’s anyone’s game. But (knock on wood) he has been bad in Big East play.
We are almost a totally different team than last year.

Reaction Score
Creighton isn't a good 3 pt shooting team, but they will shoot a lot of them. On their homecourt in Nebraska they blew the doors off Nova and St. John's as they shot a high percentage and got hot. UConn can't let them shoot many 3s without any hindrance assuming they will shoot poorly. As long they force Creighton to miss a few early on, that should be enough to keep Creighton from getting into a 3pt shooting rythmn and keep them cold. I have seen a lot of Creighton games this year and that's my anecdotal scouting.

Reaction Score
true sentiments. I can bet against the Yanks or the Giants, as they are my favorite teams as well. But I will never put myself in a situation where I am hoping for a bad outcome on any given play against UConn.

Reaction Score
I’m on the good guys giving 9.5. Feels like a healthy win here to me. Creighton is young, we’re at home, XL is a tough place to shoot, bounce back game for Adama and T Mart

Yikes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom