Uconn 83 in Massey FB Rankings | The Boneyard

Uconn 83 in Massey FB Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have been called disingenous for stating that 2011 version of Uconn FB is reflecting recent recruiting ratings for players coming to Uconn. Last week Uconn was at 77 and this week has slipped to 83. On the positive side:
1. Looks like are the top Div 1 program in NE as BCU is at #88.
2. Looks like have a better coach this year than last as last year's coach has his team at #102.

On the negative side:
1. One position below WKU of the SunBelt conference.
2. ECU and Marshall are several places ahead of Uconn.
3. After 10 games the selected QB has PRODUCED an ER of 110 which is 95th in Div 1A; although is better than fhcRE has gotten out of his freshman of the year QB.
4. Have the 91st best rushing ypg at 122 (although have 22nd best runner at 102 ypg - hmmm, something wrong here?)
5.Pass defense rated 106th in ypg allowed in Div 1a in a conference with only 1 team in the top 40 of passing offenses.

This performance in a league with no legit top 25 team, maybe WV if they win out. 2 of the 4 wins against Buffalo and a div 1aa team.

Trying to get my hands around next year improvement. Lose some good linemen. Who improves or is going to play next year that's going to make a difference? What happens if some of BE teams actually improve next year, how does Uconn improve more?

This is all written assuming Uconn does not go 4-3 in league and win a 5 way tiebreaker to go to a BCS bowl. Then Uconn's 6-6 record will be a success.

Reaction Score
We're not a good team this year. Not even close. Not a single person on the board has disagreed with that premise.

Reaction Score
I think we are a good team. I think this is a poorly led and under achieving year.

Reaction Score
I think we are a good team. I think this is a poorly led and under achieving year.

O.K. -- let me rephrase. As I thought I was making clear, I think we have parts that should have combined into a much better whole than they have.

Based on play on the field, we are not a good team.

Reaction Score
O.K. -- let me rephrase. As I thought I was making clear, I think we have parts that should have combined into a much better whole than they have.

Based on play on the field, we are not a good team.
I absolutely agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul