UConn -8 vs Butler | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -8 vs Butler

Reaction Score
Bruh. I think it’s possible but let’s just catch another comfortable W
I'll take any W we can get...I'm just saying I expect the margin to be closer to 25 tonight. Butler already knows they can't compete with us...if we take an early 10-15 point lead they will be demoralized

Reaction Score
This game is going to show whether or not UConn has turned the corner playing every game at a high level or if they will continue to struggle in an up and down season. This is the time to get their game together, every player needs to show up, not different ones on different days.
We haven’t really been up and down this season. We’ve been pretty consistent. All but one loss came when we weren’t at full strength. Our “struggles” this season has been WAY overstated

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I bet a ton of college hoops and do OK. (Im not retiring off it, Im not even paying for a in country vacation with it, but Im ahead, I just bet small amounts anyway ) but I dont bet UConn this year much. I don't ever much like us as spread favorites. Especially big ones. But I dont like betting against us either. I think I've made one UConn bet in a couple months and that was the Seton Hall game. I liked them getting 3.5 points. I like UConn as a dog. Because let's face it. It seems it doesn't matter who we play, we are in every game. We will be close as a dog, and usually we will be close as a favorite. We will play every game close. To those who could bet the Butler game Tuesday -13 , kudos, you have a bigger sack than I.

Me?
I just bet Lehigh to cover every game. Works out most of time. ;-)

Reaction Score
Road game, our guys might think all they need to do tonight to win is throw their uniforms on the court, the kid from Lithuania starts hitting 3s from the parking lot, the ghosts of the Milan Indians appear - 8 points seems right.

Reaction Score
We're solid at home.. Next step in the 4 yr rebuild. Winning our fair share of BE road games. Huskies mark their turf at Hinkle
A reminder that UConn went 6-3 in BE road games last season, winning at Marquette, Butler, DePaul, Xavier, Georgetown and Seton Hall.

This year they won at Marquette and lost in OT at Seton Hall.

You can argue that this team has been more solid on the road than at home.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Playing back to back is weird but I feel like this is good for Hawkins. He just put up points against this same team and knows he can do it again. Hoping for a big game from him so he can become a fixture. I still feel like him fully arriving is how this team gets to the next level.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Going to be watching Martin tonight. His subpar play has become a little bit of a trend post injury. Seems to be dribbling a little gingerly, not as sure of himself, with the wrist. Could be inline for a bounce back game though.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Playing back to back is weird but I feel like this is good for Hawkins. He just put up points against this same team and knows he can do it again. Hoping for a big game from him so he can become a fixture. I still feel like him fully arriving is how this team gets to the next level.
I think it works slightly against the better team. It’s like seeing a pitcher for the second time .

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I think it works slightly against the better team. It’s like seeing a pitcher for the second time .
For the team as a whole, I agree and that's what makes me nervous about the game. For Jordan, confidence seemed to be what was missing, and I'm hoping he just picks up where he left off.

Reaction Score
Big East road games are always tough. Xavier last night almost lost to a last place DePaul team missing Freeman-Liberty. I expect this one to be closer than the last.
Xavier is a really bad road team.. has been for quite some time. Every March they start the discussion of… but can they get a big win outside of Cintas.
Also the disrespect on DePaul lmao… they’ve played everyone besides Providence tight, they play hard, I believe the wins will come. This isn’t the DePaul from last year.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Why would we switch the defensive game plan??? We had such a good defensive showing
We switched mid game the other day and AJ shut him down.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Xavier is a really bad road team.. has been for quite some time. Every March they start the discussion of… but can they get a big win outside of Cintas.
Also the disrespect on DePaul lmao… they’ve played everyone besides Providence tight, they play hard, I believe the wins will come. This isn’t the DePaul from last year.

Yeah, after that post I had to look up the Big East standings and couldn't believe that DePaul is 1-6. Every time I've seen them on TV this year they've played really well.

Reaction Score
anything can happen on the road, but it should be an easy ride until wells fargo.
and nova is average this yr

Reaction Score
I believe Hawkins and Polley will continue the recent trend of strong bench production tonight. Dare I say 24-28 points between them if they both get solid minutes.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I’m just betting the under this time around. Feels like this could be a close low scoring game like 60-55 UConn or something. I don’t like the fact that they just saw us. Late night road games scare me.

Reaction Score
I’m just betting the under this time around. Feels like this could be a close low scoring game like 60-55 UConn or something. I don’t like the fact that they just saw us. Late night road games scare me.

scared season 3 GIF

Reaction Score
Of course our game isn’t going to start on time for a B10 game. Come on FS1!

Reaction Score
I can't find the channel right now for this game. I keep search for it and instead get a channel that televised the NFL Ateelers versus Chiefs game. Is this game even being televised tonight?

Reaction Score
I can't find the channel right now for this game. I keep search for it and instead get a channel that televised the NFL Ateelers versus Chiefs game. Is this game even being televised tonight?
Sloppy post. I have no way to edit it either. Oh well. Make sure read through the mis-spellings

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom