UConn +8.5 for tonight | The Boneyard

UConn +8.5 for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was the line last night up to 9.5 now.

All the metrics and everything point to osu double digit win.

Reaction Score
I'd definitely take UConn +9.5 as well.

Kenpom has OSU by 10, with OSU's defense ranked 24th in the country. That's all well and good, but that defensive rating is skewed by them shutting #312 Western Carolina and #304 Jackson St down (38 and 47 points allowed in those games).

In OSU's past 2 games, they've given up 62 points in an 8 point win over #294 Farleigh Dickinson, and 79 points in a 2 point loss to #220 Florida Atlantic earlier this week.

OSU is playing terrible basketball. Old friend JaQuan Lyle started the year on a tear, looking like a constant triple double threat. His ORtg has crashed down some 30 points to 104 over the past couple of weeks. This team turns the ball over a ton. They're 231st in the country in TO%. UConn gets a lot of criticism for their turnovers, and as a comparison we're still 154th, ahead of OSU by a good amount.

Key to the game: Get Trevor Thompson, their 7 footer who is a beast on the boards and a big time rim protector, in foul trouble. He's foul prone and is arguably their best player (best on D, most efficient on O).

Reaction Score
The responses to this thread make me weary. Ohio State is a good team, despite their baffling loss to Florida Atlantic the other night. I watched them against Providence and I watched them against Virginia and came away impressed both times. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Big Ten or come close.

We're still bad. Not saying we can't win, just that nothing we've seen so far suggests we will.

Reaction Score
really? Discussing a spread has become the norm? LMAo Man, smh..... Let's just get the wins and get back to the NCAA tournament and get back to what JC started in Husky basketball!

Reaction Score
Not often a UConn team gets this many!

Unless it's a Diaco-coached team vs Maine or anyone else:eek:

Reaction Score
really? Discussing a spread has become the norm? LMAo Man, smh..... Let's just get the wins and get back to the NCAA tournament and get back to what JC started in Husky basketball!
So you do not think we should discuss the spread of a UConn basketball game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hope to be wrong, but not having this game on a major channel is a minus.

Reaction Score
I hope to be wrong, but not having this game on a major channel is a minus.
It'll be on BTN, so I'll at least be able to suspend disbelief for a bit and pretend....

Reaction Score
The responses to this thread make me weary. Ohio State is a good team, despite their baffling loss to Florida Atlantic the other night. I watched them against Providence and I watched them against Virginia and came away impressed both times. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Big Ten or come close.

We're still bad. Not saying we can't win, just that nothing we've seen so far suggests we will.

I'm assuming they are primarily a man2man team? If so, I would probably like our odds more against the spread.

I feel like small conference squads will always zone us because they don't have the athletes but a man2man club is going to go with their bread and butter, even if they may be better off in a zone.

Reaction Score
I would actually take the points. This could very easily be one of those games where it feels like we're never in it, but the deficit is never more than 12 either.

I would take out a second mortgage to bet under 130. That's a gimme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom