UConn 71 Houston 65 | The Boneyard

UConn 71 Houston 65

Reaction Score
Well, we did the unimaginable yet again. This time, it was four games in four days at the Dickie’s Arena. What a week this has been, and what a way to exit this conference. Here’s a recap of the latest tournament-style Husky magic in the state of Texas:

Thursday vs Tulane
We took down Tulane with ease on Thursday, beating them 81-62. Isaiah Whaley was the star of this one, putting up 18 points and 14 rebounds. This kid is going to be a stud next year, and I can’t wait to see it.

Friday vs Wichita State
Next up was Wichita State. It was a close game, but we were able to edge out the shockers by a score of 68-61. Both teams shot the ball poorly, but veteran guards CV and AG stepped up in crunch time, combining on 8 for 10 shooting down the stretch when it mattered most. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some locker room issues with Wichita State after that one. As we took over at the end, their body language seemed to tell us a lot. This certainly wasn’t the prettiest game (especially the first half), but it still felt good to defeat a tough and gritty Gregg Marshall squad.

Saturday vs Cincinnati
Game 3...Cincinnati. While it wasn’t quite as ridiculous as the 2016 AAC tournament matchup, this Saturday afternoon battle was pretty damn close. Our final game against the Bearcats was the perfect way to end the rivalry before our departure for the Big East. The heroic buzzer beater by a kid named Jalen was all too familiar to the fans. This time, it was Jalen Gaffney who sent the game to OT. It may not have been a full court heave, but the off balance shot was equally as impressive. Sinking the nearly impossible corner 3 tied the game up 67-67. This was enough to rally the team, and we would eventually win in overtime by a total score of 78-74. I’ll admit it, I’m going to miss playing these guys. But with that said, I certainly won’t miss Jarron Cumberland, who managed to score 31 points in a game where he simply couldn’t miss. We’ll see the Bearcats again someday, and whenever that will be, I’m sure it will be another exciting thriller. For whatever the reason, these two teams were destined to battle.

Sunday vs Houston
The final game meant one last rodeo with Houston. Lots of buzz was flying around regarding an at-large bid for the Huskies, but it was clear that these kids weren’t willing to take any chances. First and foremost, I’d like to shoutout Caleb Mills for yet another miraculous performance. This kid is special, and somehow dropped another 20 points off the bench for the Cougars. Fortunately for the good guys, we had our most complete game of the season, and saved arguably the best AAC performance of the past 7 years for the last conference affiliated game ever. Josh Carlton was finishing everything down low, while CV and AG were tenacious on the defensive end. Brendan Adams stepped up big, and Sid Wilson had some key defensive moments for us. But what stood out most in this game was pretty obvious. In fact, this game solidified the fact that James Bouknight is one of the best freshmen this program has ever seen. His remarkable 26 point effort was a career high, where he shot 10 for 14 from the floor and nailed all of his free throws. Oh, and that dunk over Nate Hinton? We’ll be seeing that one in every UConn hype video for eternity, along with his many others from the season. Kelvin Sampson said it best in his post game interview, “Regardless of the voting last week, it’s clear that UConn has one Conference Player of the Year in their starting lineup, and arguably two.”

This has been one of my favorite Husky teams of all time, and it seems like the season is only just beginning. Our senior leader Christian Vital will give his best shot at a Final Four run, and I think we’re in for a treat these next few weeks. Right now we are 23-12, and hoping for a competitive NCAA tournament seed during tonight’s selection show. They can put this squad as a 16 seed for all I care, let’s just hope they put us in the East. If we can make it to the Sweet 16 at Madison Square Garden, this thing is all over.

But regardless of what happens, Dan Hurley is our guy, and we have the foundation to be successful for many years to come in the Big East conference. Simply put, UConn is back.

Reaction Score
Nicely done. One thing you missed after the Cincinnati game. kobe, the Cincinnati fan on the Boneyard, was admitted to the hospital after falling ill after losing to UConn once again. He kept muttering something about Mick Cronin, and since Cronin no longer coaches at Cincinnati he was admitted to a mental health facility for further evaluation. The Boneyard collectively sends their well wishes to him, knowing they may not see him posting for a while, either because of his UConn Phobia or because UConn won't be playing Cincinnati for the foreseeable future after escaping the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard Jarles had an amazing game vs Houston.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@AuRevoirAAC you are a total liar. i was there at dickies arena. i said a few weeks ago that Tulane would capture the hearts of AAC fans across the globe and win the tournament to book their trip to the NCAA tournament. They did just that. Tulane steamrolled past EVERYBODY with Kevin Zhang named AAC Tournament MVP, averaging 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists per game. oh, and btw, the all tournament team was of course kevin zhang, temi aiyegbusi, Edra Luster, Evan Umstead, and the one and only Mamoudou Diarra of cincinnati

Reaction Score
If you're going to have a fantasy, here are some tips.

1. Start with Kate Beckingsale.
2. Have her dressed as Selene the vampire.
3. Since it's a fantasy add in a 24 year old Elle Macpherson.

This will improve your fantasy life incalculable. Any UConn sports event should be well down the list.

Reaction Score
If you're going to have a fantasy, here are some tips.

1. Start with Kate Beckingsale.
2. Have her dressed as Selene the vampire.
3. Since it's a fantasy add in a 24 year old Elle Macpherson.

This will improve your fantasy life incalculable. Any UConn sports event should be well down the list.

Reaction Score
Maybe we could Mandella Effect this into reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom