UConn @ #7 UMass Lowell (12/3/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Down 1 just over 3 mins left.

Reaction Score
Nice to see they found the back of the net tonight. Scoring 4 goals in a game is VERY nice... scoring a bunch in the 3rd period coming from behind to make it a game even nicer! Cav has this team playing well...let's not forget...this team only has 10 scholarships (they get 14 next year...then the year after go to the league max of 18) playing against teams with 18.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I went up to Lowell last night...nice rink, beer works nearby. Good time. Lowell has really great community support and a hell of a team to boot. Was especially impressed by their offensive movement.

Reaction Score
Took my son for his 6th birthday ref gave him a puck at the first break, sat along the glass, The Tsongas Center is a really nice venue. Two PP goals a big plus, I really like the hustle they showed in the third period, we had as many shots in the 3rd as the other two periods combined. Really good effort there.

That being said, as a whole team, I think UMass-Lowell is at the top of HE, I really like the way they play together, constant pressure, always working hard. Beyond UConn of course, I think now having seen them play live, I found a second team to cheer for if we're not playing them. And this type of team seems to me to be what Coach Cav is molding for us.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I've been nothing but thrilled with the level of play this year. Being reminded of the scholarship disparity only enhances that. Unlike another sport at UConn that I follow and have season tickets for, you can see that there's a plan and that good things are definitely going to happen. That other sport requires a lot more patience.

Reaction Score
Took my son for his 6th birthday ref gave him a puck at the first break, sat along the glass, The Tsongas Center is a really nice venue. Two PP goals a big plus, I really like the hustle they showed in the third period, we had as many shots in the 3rd as the other two periods combined. Really good effort there.

That being said, as a whole team, I think UMass-Lowell is at the top of HE, I really like the way they play together, constant pressure, always working hard. Beyond UConn of course, I think now having seen them play live, I found a second team to cheer for if we're not playing them. And this type of team seems to me to be what Coach Cav is molding for us.

What, no love for Quinnipiac? Or, even Yale?

Reaction Score
What, no love for Quinnipiac? Or, even Yale?

None, and being 10 mins from Lowell, it's far easier to get to. If I was living in CT still the thought of probably wouldn't have come up at all as I would be going to all the home games. I was very happy when they announced they were joining HE, I work and live within reasonable distance to many of the HE schools up here. I did the trek for season tickets for both FB and BB and it's too much especially BB so now I just do FB season tickets and piece all the others when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom