UCONN 6th in the Nation for Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
djdjd.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Oh no, Slurpee387 thinks we are fudging the numbers. Let's get Nate Silver on it.

F Slurpee.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Oh no, Slurpee387 thinks we are fudging the numbers. Let's get Nate Silver on it.

F Slurpee.
He posts on this site with another handle, I'm sure he can elaborate.

Reaction Score
High attendance, another good reason to keep the games in Hartford.

Reaction Score
He posts on this site with another handle, I'm sure he can elaborate.
Yes, I can. It's called conveniently ignoring the Sacred Heart game that UConn lists as a home game, which UConn had tickets for sale on their website. It's not to say UConn's attendance hasn't been outstanding and way beyond expectation this year, it has, but at least count the numbers correctly and don't pick and choose which games to count.

Reaction Score

F Slurpee.
Appreciate the sentiment. Hope all fellow Husky fans, especially those who vigorously supported UConn's inclusion to HE when slot 12 was being debated against RPI and Holy Cross, presenting fact-based arguments don't run into you.

Reaction Score
Yes, I can. It's called conveniently ignoring the Sacred Heart game that UConn lists as a home game, which UConn had tickets for sale on their website. It's not to say UConn's attendance hasn't been outstanding and way beyond expectation this year, it has, but at least count the numbers correctly and don't pick and choose which games to count.

It's pretty simple: The XL Center is the home of UConn Hockey. SHU was a neutral site game. You can cling to the 'official' #'s all you want but the only #'s that matter are those from the XLC. 6,188. That is UConn's average.

Reaction Score
This is akin to saying UConn football should fold in the Army game @Yankee Stadium into their season avg. attendance. After-all UConn sold allotted tickets for that game as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:
Appreciate the sentiment. Hope all fellow Husky fans, especially those who vigorously supported UConn's inclusion to HE when slot 12 was being debated against RPI and Holy Cross, presenting fact-based arguments don't run into you.

If you think finding out it was you who said that changes my reaction...it doesn't. All you've done is complain about how the program goes about its business, right down to how they report attendance. There hasn't been a better supported program In the entire conference this year. Period. Deal with it, BU.

You've got Eichel, youll live.

Reaction Score
USCHO also lists the full capacity of the building, which is blatantly inaccurate, but I'm sure it won't stop you from complaining that Uconn is at sub-50% capacity.
They've had capacity numbers wrong for years. It took them three years to even change Matthews's number when Northeastern renovated it and downsized 1K seats.

And so long as the Canadian teams stop trying to poach him away, we'll deal just fine having Jack. :)

Reaction Score
Yes, I can. It's called conveniently ignoring the Sacred Heart game that UConn lists as a home game, which UConn had tickets for sale on their website. It's not to say UConn's attendance hasn't been outstanding and way beyo this year, it has, but at least count the numbers correctly and don't pick and choose which games to count.
you are a very subtle , but sometimes you're not so subtle of a .
So in closing, you're just a d- bag hanging around on a UConn site bitching about how attendance is reported for an off-site game against sacred heart.

Hope you are proud of yourself.

Reaction Score
you are a very subtle , but sometimes you're not so subtle of a .
So in closing, you're just a d- bag hanging around on a UConn site bitching about how attendance is reported for an off-site game against sacred heart.

Hope you are proud of yourself.
Hah, appreciate the sentiment. I'm rooting for UConn to succeed, but I'm also rooting for UConn to do so while not making themselves publicly look a bit like idiots in the process. I hang around here because I support the school and the programs, you can go back and look at the years I've posted here and TOS. I'm not here as a helicopter BU hockey troll. Believe you me, we've had nothing to troll for a long time. I only seek to add a view from the "outside" so to speak with respect to college hockey.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
UConn had tickets for sale on their website.

I am NOT saying this isnt true but I couldnt find tickets for this game on the UConn site, called the UConn ticket office, they didnt know how to get me tickets and called me back and gave me a contact to call at Avon Old Farms Athletic Directors office to purchase tickets - I then had to write a check to the foundation and have tix sent.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Uconn is filling it's buildings. The number or ranking is less important.

Reaction Score
Uconn is filling it's buildings. The number or ranking is less important.
That is, and it's a big plus for UConn and a big plus for Hockey East overall. I was at RPI a couple of weeks ago and more than a couple of friends of mine commented how happy we were that RPI was not chosen as team #12, both due to their rink being a trash heap, and the program sputtering backwards quickly. Despite what the BC trolls will tell you, the gist I've gotten from fans around the league is they are very happy with UConn's addition so far.

Reaction Score
Anyone who freaks out that UConn isn't using the charity game at Taft (which is closer to Sacred Heart) in their attendance numbers is a turd, plain and simple.

Agreed. Every dollar that was raised by having that game there at Taft was donated to Jay Pagni's family. The game was organized and arranged by a friend of mine during a round of golf early last spring. I don't know Mike Cavanaugh at all, but I know a lot of local coaches. I don't think Cavanaugh knew Jay much beyond running in the same New England hockey circles, but when Jay died last January in that car wreck in North Haven, almost a year now, amazing how fast time goes. Nobody really wants to know what did happen that night with Jay, but people locally starting talking immediately about what could be done about raising some money quick for his daughters and wife. Sacred Heart and UCONN had already scheduled a non-conf game, and through meaningful communication, and tribute really to Jay and is involvement in youth hockey and prep school hockey, it was first agreed ,that the game would be played at Avon Old Farms - where Jay was a fixture - but the capacity there isn't great, so the game was moved to the Taft rink which provided the largest crowd capacity from a prep school, willing to hold this kind of event - all money earning potential for an event that was going to be entirely charity. To my knowledge, Taft ate all the regular costs of putting the game on, including providing shuttle transportation from off site parking, and every dollar raised through donations, ticket sales, concessions, etc - went to Jay's family. Also - to my knowledge, this is the only time that a division 1 NCAA hockey game - nationally - has ever been played at a high school level prep school arena - never mind that it was a 100% charity event.

That game was a one of kind, and one time event, highly unlikely to ever be repeated, and really reading the discussion here on this thread is pretty disgusting to me. When good things happen in this world, they should not be soiled. So that's why I shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom