UConn 63 Butler 51 | The Boneyard

UConn 63 Butler 51

Reaction Score
I hope Tyrese is okay. He left the game with one minute left in the second half. Hopefully he will be able to play Thursday vs Villanova. I thought the team played well but again there were issues with making a bucket around the hoop. I hope Tyrese is ok because losing him with Andre and James is rough.

Reaction Score
I hope Tyrese is okay. He left the game with one minute left in the second half. Hopefully he will be able to play Thursday vs Villanova. I thought the team played well but again there were issues with making a bucket around the hoop. I hope Tyrese is ok because losing him with Andre and James is rough.
Butler looked horrible, like they have given up on the season - definitely played tougher earlier in the season against PC, just not the same team, I thought UConn should have beat them by 25! You guys definitely need to get the offense going as you're coming into the tough part of your schedule! What's with missing around the rim so much??

Reaction Score
Butler looked horrible, like they have given up on the season - definitely played tougher earlier in the season against PC, just not the same team, I thought UConn should have beat them by 25! You guys definitely need to get the offense going as you're coming into the tough part of your schedule! What's with missing around the rim so much??
Providence fans before we came back into the Big East: You guys are in for a rude awakening, this isn’t the AAC with a bunch of cupcakes. Every team is tough, there are no gimmes, you’re in for a dogfight each game.

Providence fans after we have a better conference record even without Bouknight for most games: The teams you’re playing look horrible and you’re in the easy part of your schedule!

lol, always the best.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Providence fans before we came back into the Big East: You guys are in for a rude awakening, this isn’t the AAC with a bunch of cupcakes. Every team is tough, there are no gimmes, you’re in for a dogfight each game.

Providence fans after we have a better conference record even without Bouknight for most games: The teams you’re playing look horrible and you’re in the easy part of your schedule!

lol, always the best.

Butler also beat Creighton less than 11 days ago.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Uconn was on pace to win by 17-20 points then that guy who was 1/18 from three on the year hit two more late three's to pad the score. He finished 5/7 from three in a blowout loss.

Eric Collins (PBP) reacted to those 3s as if it got Butler to within one possession.

Not everyone can be Gus Johnson.

Reaction Score

lol, always the best.
UConn Fans after beating DePaul and Butler twice to get 4 of their 8 wins: We gonna run the BE, we going to the tourney!!
Uconn fans after Bouk gets injured (told you it's rough in BE), Lose to St. John's, and play out the rest of their schedule: Damn, they were right!

Good luck!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn Fans after beating DePaul and Butler twice to get 4 of their 8 wins: We gonna run the BE, we going to the tourney!!
Uconn fans after Bouk gets injured (told you it's rough in BE), Lose to St. John's, and play out the rest of their schedule: Damn, they were right!

Good luck!
Uh huh? And who exactly said that?

Remember the old Big east? The trolling was so much better. These new guys are ... disappointing.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Anyone else find the score reminiscent of our 2011 title game?

10 years later, both teams had 10 more points:

2021: UConn 63, Butler 51
2011: UConn 53, Butler 41

I was in LA at the time wearing my UConn Nike authentic Caron Butler throwback in black. I was hammered and got interviewed by a news station pre-game. During the game, I went to the bar to get some drinks and some Butler fans were cheering me based on the name on the back of my jersey. They were so confused when I turned around.

Reaction Score
Butler also beat Creighton less than 11 days ago.
...and you then lost to Creighton (we beat them last week BTW) which proves my point that the BE is a battle every time out and will get harder for you all soon...We don't have a great record (8-7 overall and 4-5 BE) yet...However, we played most of the tougher teams, except UConn, at least once, Creighton twice and were on the road 6 out of 9 BE games, so we now get to play the next 4 out of 5 at home and if we can go 4-1 in that stretch then we will be fine, if not then we will have to fight in the BE tourney if they even have it...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
general observation:
hooston is better than most in our conference, and better than most in the country. at least, we've had recent experience with them, if we end up playing them in the tourney. this year, the overall bar is set very low in the ncaa, stinkball is what i call it. let's win it all now, cuz next year the comp will be nutz, with all that eligibility stuff.

Reaction Score
Uh huh? And who exactly said that?

Remember the old Big east? The trolling was so much better. These new guys are ... disappointing.
As are current UConn fans such as yourself...I was being civil and just stating facts that your schedule is about to get tougher when 7774 came at me so I gave it back...but you didn't see all that, just that I'm a PC fan and you get into your insult mode, stay classy CL82!

CL82

Reaction Score
As are current UConn fans such as yourself...I was being civil and just stating facts that your schedule is about to get tougher when 7774 came at me so I gave it back...but you didn't see all that, just that I'm a PC fan and you get into your insult mode, stay classy CL82!
Ah the lifecycle of a troll. Start's with innocent comments and works up getting increasingly provocative until being called out and then lapses into complaints of being mistreated.

You are just adorable. Lol.

@FriarJ didn't I talk to you about letting the B team come over here?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well the rest of the season was just canceled. Hopefully he eats some bananas between now and November and he’ll be good to go

Husky25

Reaction Score
...and you then lost to Creighton (we beat them last week BTW) which proves my point that the BE is a battle every time out and will get harder for you all soon...We don't have a great record (8-7 overall and 4-5 BE) yet...However, we played most of the tougher teams, except UConn, at least once, Creighton twice and were on the road 6 out of 9 BE games, so we now get to play the next 4 out of 5 at home and if we can go 4-1 in that stretch then we will be fine, if not then we will have to fight in the BE tourney if they even have it...
PC lost to Marquette and Butler in December. Luckily, sports generally do not follow the transitive property. That is why they play the games.

Be that as it may, My comment was loosely in response to this:
Butler looked horrible, like they have given up on the season...
They just beat arguably the 2nd best team in the conference, yet are giving up on the season? I disagree.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Uconn was on pace to win by 17-20 points then that guy who was 1/18 from three on the year hit two more late three's to pad the score. He finished 5/7 from three in a blowout loss.
We definitely took the foot of the throat a bit too much and too early for my liking. We were up 60-41 at the under 4:00 and only hit 3 FTs the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
PC lost to Marquette and Butler in December. Luckily, sports generally do not follow the transitive property. That is why they play the games.

Be that as it may, My comment was loosely in response to this:

They just beat arguably the 2nd best team in the conference, yet are giving up on the season? I disagree.
Did you see the game last night, clearly Butler had zero passion and was lackluster especially on defense...That was not the same team we played...

CL82

Reaction Score
Ha ha, see we treat you better over here than your own board does. It is just the warm welcoming environment that is the BY. ;)

Husky25

Reaction Score
Did you see the game last night, clearly Butler had zero passion and was lackluster especially on defense...That was not the same team we played...

John Candy Reaction GIF

Teams don't have off days, especially during this season, with the moving pieces of a worldwide pandemic.

Virginia Tech beat Villanova and lost to Syracuse and Penn St. Therefore, VT is overall worse than 'Cuse and PSU, while being better than 'Nova at the same time.

Again, I disagree.

Reaction Score
Sure, and we would have gone 2-0 against Creighton if the Creighton team you played showed up to play us, but they didn't. That's why it's funny to me you think there are these tougher/easier teams. In this league Villanova is the tougher team. The difficulty of the games against everyone else just depends upon what version of that team shows up on the day you play them.

Reaction Score
John Candy Reaction GIF

Teams don't have off days, especially during this season, with the moving pieces of a worldwide pandemic.

Virginia Tech beat Villanova and lost to Syracuse and Penn St. Therefore, VT is overall worse than 'Cuse and PSU, while being better than 'Nova at the same time.

Again, I disagree.
Well then, they had an off night because I've seen Butler a few times this season and the effort, execution and competitiveness was crap last night! UConn played good defense for sure, but the Butler team looked horrible in and of itself...

Reaction Score
Sure, and we would have gone 2-0 against Creighton if the Creighton team you played showed up to play us, but they didn't. That's why it's funny to me you think there are these tougher/easier teams. In this league Villanova is the tougher team. The difficulty of the games against everyone else just depends upon what version of that team shows up on the day you play them.
I can agree with part of that but clearly the talent levels are different and I know Butler beat Creighton but if they played 10 times, Creighton is winning 8 of the 10 IMO...Just didn't see the usual Butler team last night, their passion was missing...Keep in mind Creighton showed up in a dogfight the first time we met them so they brought their best and escaped by 2 points with .8 seconds to go in the game, then we beat them by 74-70 second time around where you guys lost to them twice...This shows my original point is valid, any team can beat the other and you got to show up every night in the BE and that's what makes this league so good! I look forward to the PC/UConn match up!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom