UConn -6 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -6

Reaction Score
I said in the scouting report thread that we'll either win by double digits or it'll be a nailbiter. I don't feel strongly about -6.

I'd rather either bet Butler moneyline for the emotional hedge or try to tease the line up to UConn -9.5 and make a little extra.
I feel like you've had this approach to every single game haha

Reaction Score
I feel like you've had this approach to every single game haha
Ha, yes, you got me. But it would have paid off in every game but St. John's (where I would have just taken the bad guys +13 or whatever).

We tend to either blow teams out or lose close.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I don't even have to log out to know who you're talking about.
You sure? There are several viable options, unless you're more selective with the ignore feature than I am.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Especially in Indianapolis. I have a rule about not eating seafood in any state that doesn't touch an ocean or sea.
Eh, that fear is overblown. Almost all of it has been frozen at sea or elsewhere. We love sushi and other water-borne critters, we live in Colorado, and haven't noticed any dropoff in quality (having lived 100% in coastal New England states prior to moving here) other than the prescious few places where you actually see them take the stuff off the boat that caught it. Just buy from places who care about what they're doing.

on edit: I can't believe I made this post in a thread about the spread on UConn v anyone. Only in BY.

Last edited:

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Flu Bomb
1704449076445.png

Reaction Score
I'm surprised at the confidence of my fellow boneyarders regarding this game. Butler has played well when I've watched, Posh has been a ball hawk, Pierre Brooks has been the type of power player that causes us problems, (like Seton Hall did), and Screen has looked good to me. With Clingan these games are cakewalks, but I'm not on the Johnson bandwagon. He plays fine, but if teams go at him purposely to draw fouls, he will average 15 minutes a game rather than 30. I don't understand why teams have not yet made that effort. (watch the first 1.5 minutes of the second half of the Depaul game and he could have been called 3x for moving screens with hip checks). It looks like we're going to play small ball with Alex at center for longggg stretches. Alex doesn't mind, but we then put him at risk of being on the bench with foul trouble. Thankfully, you guys have this game in the win column so I'm going to relax and massage Donovan's feet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sickness is going around everywhere right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Butler is as sick as the Huskies. I'd call that a wash.

If Butler doesn't have anything going through the locker room now they will by Monday or Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Last year’s game was a 6 point game at the 8 minute mark until we went on a crushing 22-6 run to close it out. Butler is much improved from last season. We struggle on the road and are down our most important player. We know of Providence’s home game voodoo and if Thad Matta fouls up 3 Butler probably wins that game.

I just hope we win.

Reaction Score
This was your philosophy in the Zags game too. If anything, do an alternate line -2.5 or something then you can still root for them to win.

I’m never ever ever betting a money line vs. my team. That’s just me. Find out I’m putting money on the Dolphins to “ease the pain” of a loss?!?! Heck nooooo
He posts the same thing every game.............

Reaction Score
Mine is very similar. And I had mild type A flu early in the season about a week after being vaccinated then traveling. I think Coach Prime gave it to me. Would not have guessed it was the flu before being tested. I think the shot helped but not fully because of the timing.

Homemade chicken soup with garlic and veggies.
Tomato soup with chicken broth and roasted garlic.
Water, lemon juice and Manuka honey.
Vitamin C
Apple Cider Vinegar drink or tablets.
Oil of oregano.
Stretch
Sleep

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I did a parlay -2.5 and under 149.5 with some Purdue action.

Edit: really, it’s Illinois action

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Especially in Indianapolis. I have a rule about not eating seafood in any state that doesn't touch an ocean or sea.
There are freshwater fish you know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom