UConn @ #6/#7 Notre Dame (Thursday 10/27 - Friday 10/28) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #6/#7 Notre Dame (Thursday 10/27 - Friday 10/28)

Reaction Score
This year's team is much more structured. Breakout passes while not perfect have improved and neutral zone play is cleaner than last season. We do lose track of defensive assignments at times in our own zone which leads to scrambling but that's something that can only be minimized not completely eradicated. Kalter and El-Mir have taken a clear step in their respective games, as mentioned somewhere on here Howell adds a little tenacity and grit, Freeman has played responsibly in key roles and our defensive core has generally played consistently above average (especially Newpower and Pratt) although the jury is still out on Masonius. We do have a 2 headed goaltending monster which not many teams in college hockey can claim and our scoring depth has improved with the resurgence of Naas and notable contributions from a stable of players like Richardson, Kasperi O and the aforementioned Kalter/El-Mir. One more thing is Brian Morgan has played better than could be expected but we are still waiting on Schwartz, Masonius and Gendron to elevate their play.

Great analysis here and I totally agree with everything you say. The only thing I would add is the incredibly consistent play of Ronan. He never takes a shift off and is a one man fast break. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to play against him. He's such a pest!!

Reaction Score
Great analysis here and I totally agree with everything you say. The only thing I would add is the incredibly consistent play of Ronan. He never takes a shift off and is a one man fast break. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to play against him. He's such a pest!!

He's a great glue player for this team and always comes to play, steady, can't say anything negative about him. You're point on his speed is true. He puts the other team on their heels when he gets the wheels churning which helps in all phases.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Nichols in goal
2nd night without payusov

1-0 ND after 1, even in shots and penalty mins though 12/12 and 2/2. Difference being ND cashed in on their power play after going 0-6 yesterday.

Reaction Score
2-0. We sorely need Drake back in the lineup, anybody have an update on him?

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh said probably at least until November 18th against BU.

Reaction Score
3-0 w/ all goals coming less than 5 minutes into the start of each period so far. (4:23. 3:44 and 1:09)

Reaction Score
Nichols isn't getting much help
Our D sucks tonight. ND skating way better than last night.
UConn looks tired

Reaction Score
Nichols isn't getting much help
Our D sucks tonight. ND skating way better than last night.
UConn looks tired
The first two periods tonight UConn played better than last night.

Reaction Score
Couldn't crack Petersen before it got out of reach. Huska stole one for us last night but we need Drake back who is a top 4 DMan on this team. Masonius and Gendron on the same d pairing isn't ideal.

Reaction Score
A split is acceptable though. UMass is an opportunity for another big 2 pts. Need to capitalize next Fri.

Reaction Score
This is a scenario that happens often. Weaker team playing away, plays cautiously, keeps it tight and, against the run of play, grabs a lead. The stronger home team opens it up in the third and gives up the ultimate game winner instead of surging ahead.

The second night, the away team decides it can play with these guys ... and does for awhile but gives up a couple goals. Then in the third THEY are the ones who have to open it up, and they give up more goals before they get a couple themselves. Nothing to do with the goalie on the second night really.

Have seen this play out a hundred times. We'll be satisfied with the two away points against a top ten team and the learning experience that goes with it. Thank you very much, Huskies!!! Way to go!!

Reaction Score
Sucks the Temple and UMass games are at the same time.
Well depending on what happens at noon today, the UMass game may well be the better choice. Beating Temple if UConn loses today? Stranger things have happened, but not likely.

Reaction Score
Sucks the Temple and UMass games are at the same time.

I don't expect too many people to be paying attention to it, but women's soccer will probably be playing in the AAC tournament semi finals that day, and it is very possible that game could be at 7pm as well.

Reaction Score
UMass game it is...

I get to make to the Hanger pub and grill stop while up there. The original wings over location. Better than the franchises and tons a beer on tap. I just read that it moved to Amherst brewing location? Haven't been sicnr the 14-15 game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom