Uconn 4th In Preseason Ap Poll | The Boneyard

Uconn 4th In Preseason Ap Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
ESPN NCAAB - North Carolina No. 1 in preseason AP poll; Kentucky 2nd, Ohio State 3rd, UConn 4th, Syracuse 5th From the text I got

Reaction Score
Not really a joke - right poll in the kinetic. Wouldn't be the same poll if the voters were asked who has the best potential to win it in March.

Reaction Score
Joke
What do you mean by "joke"?

By the way, someone asked you if you had a different handle back on the old board. Can you answer that for us? This post and the one about AD being injury prone seem to be baiting type posts. What gives?!?!

Reaction Score
Ohio State at 3 is a joke. I know the coaches don't have the time to follow the teams as much as they should to be able to make a perfectly accurate opinion in a poll but so being #4 in that is perfectly understandable but you would think the media would be well informed enough to know we're a top 3 team.

Reaction Score
Preseason polls are no more than educated guesses. If you compare the preseason polls to the final ones for those years, you'll find them strikingly inaccurate.

Case in point, UConn was not even ranked last season and we ended up #1. The poll is akin to the stock market. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

With that said, I don't see a problem with where most of the teams have been slotted. I hope we end up atop the list when it's all said and done. Who the heck cares if OSU is ranked ahead of us now?

Reaction Score
Ohio State should probably be ranked #2.
UNC looks great but they don't have the go-to guy that Ohio State does.
Ohio State-Kentucky play tomorrow. Who do you take? I take OSU.
OSU and UNC are the top two teams.
UConn and Kentucky are relatively unproven given their losses and reliance on freshman.

Reaction Score
The UNCP men's basketball team (Div II) gave No. 1 North Carolina all it could handle through the first 16:02 of the ballgame, but the Tar Heels used their speed and size advantage to run to a 100-58 victory in an exhibition matchup at the Dean E. Smith Center in Chapel Hill on Friday evening.

The Braves busted out of the gate with a 10-2 lead the first 3:27 of the contest, and continued to go possession for possession with the top-ranked Tar Heels – pushing the score out to 14-8 with 13:05 to go in the opening half. North Carolina continued to battle its way back with two scores for each one by UNCP, and eventually tied the game up for the first time at 16-16 with 10:24 to go.

The Braves opened up another lead behind a layup by freshman Ben Jacobs and four points by junior Shahmel Brackett to go up 26-18 with 8:52 showing on the clock. (courtesy UNCP website)

Most teams obviously are in the beginning stages of developing team chemistry with players learning their roles. The Napier/Boatright dynamic will continue to intrigue as the season progresses (emphasis added).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom