UConn -4.5 v. Xavier | The Boneyard

UConn -4.5 v. Xavier

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Xavier is definitely down with key players out and some bad loses but they beat the hell out of Seton Hall. Never easy to win on the road in the BE

Reaction Score
Ok. -4.5. About what I thought. Same as butler spread pretty much.

Reaction Score
My view is, of course, a bit different. On both ends our approach was built around Clingan. With him out we have been fortunate to play some of the mediocre to poor teams in the league while we make adjustments to our style. Instead of Marquette and Creighton we got Butler and DePaul and St John’s during this stretch where we need to modify our style. The injury cost us the Seton Hall game and we have struggled some in the others, well not against mid-D2 DePaul, but that is to be expected when a team is adjusting to playing without a key piece. In this case, it is literally the centerpiece of our style. His ability to control the inside allowed our d to play more aggressively. On offense his presence caused teams to try to stop him by cheating inside leaving more space for other guys to operate. It isn’t an accident that Newton, for example went from shooting 40%+ to 25,0,28 in the last 3 games. We will win this game. Xavier is another blah team. Probably be closer than we would like, but possibly tonight will be the night the adjustments finally click. It looked like they were close in the 2nd half of the Butler game. If it does, this will be an easy win.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm just glad that tonight's game is in 4K. Looking forward to watching on the Fox Sports App.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad that tonight's game is in 4K. Looking forward to watching on the Fox Sports App.
I have YouTube tv without the 4k add on fee. If I want to watch the game in 4k should I be going to the FS1 application on my Roku app rather than watching it directly on YouTube tv?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have YouTube tv without the 4k add on fee. If I want to watch the game in 4k should I be going to the FS1 application on my Roku app rather than watching it directly on YouTube tv?

Yes. You have to go to settings in the Fox Sports app and log into your youtube TV account but then you will be able to watch on the app in 4k.

Reaction Score
My view is, of course, a bit different. On both ends our approach was built around Clingan. With him out we have been fortunate to play some of the mediocre to poor teams in the league while we make adjustments to our style. Instead of Marquette and Creighton we got Butler and DePaul and St John’s during this stretch where we need to modify our style. The injury cost us the Seton Hall game and we have struggled some in the others, well not against mid-D2 DePaul, but that is to be expected when a team is adjusting to playing without a key piece. In this case, it is literally the centerpiece of our style. His ability to control the inside allowed our d to play more aggressively. On offense his presence caused teams to try to stop him by cheating inside leaving more space for other guys to operate. It isn’t an accident that Newton, for example went from shooting 40%+ to 25,0,28 in the last 3 games. We will win this game. Xavier is another blah team. Probably be closer than we would like, but possibly tonight will be the night the adjustments finally click. It looked like they were close in the 2nd half of the Butler game. If it does, this will be an easy win.
An optimistic post from you! 2024 resolution? I like it.

Reaction Score
Yes. You have to go to settings in the Fox Sports app and log into your youtube TV account but then you will be able to watch on the app in 4k.
Do you get latency issues?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We have played a couple of road games. Kansas, Seton Hall and Butler all had large and boisterous crowds. So we should be growing accustom to road noise. Still, according to Jim Valvano, a one point win on the road is a blowout.
"Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing." - V. Lombardi

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I got them in a few parlays moved to -1.5 or moneyline. Just gunning for the close win

Reaction Score
Let’s put the 6-2 ATS record on the line. Xavier is traditionally a tough road game but they’re down this year. This is one of those “circle the date” games for Xavier but we’ve beat better on the road already.

Lay the 4.5. Big game from Newton.

Reaction Score
Let’s put the 6-2 ATS record on the line. Xavier is traditionally a tough road game but they’re down this year. This is one of those “circle the date” games for Xavier but we’ve beat better on the road already.

Lay the 4.5. Big game from Newton.
Deepster’s ATS: 7-2

Congrats to those who followed the Deepster’s wise counsel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom