UConn 29% Favored To Win it all - Round of 32. | The Boneyard

UConn 29% Favored To Win it all - Round of 32.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Here's our prediction for each round of the #ncaaW

#NCAATournament. It is the result of 10,000 simulations using our predicted model. Five teams have >10% odds to be national champs:

1. UConn 29.5%
2. South Carolina 18.3%
3. Stanford 13.2%
4. Baylor 12.2%
5. Maryland 11.7%

The #1 source for women's basketball insight used by coaches, broadcasters, players, and fans
Traditional and Advanced Statistics for Teams and Players, Leaderboards, Ranks, Team Comparisons, Schedules, Rosters, Game Logs, and more
herhoopstats.com

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
So, explain to me why Stanford was the number one, number one???

Reaction Score
Tonight will be interesting: both UConn and Stanford play 8 seeds. We'll see how each do in MOV, points scored and given up.

Reaction Score
Whose forecast is this? Certainly inconsistent with Massey and NET ratings. Not saying it's wrong, but hard to see any value in it without knowing the inputs.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Whose forecast is this? Certainly inconsistent with Massey and NET ratings. Not saying it's wrong, but hard to see any value in it without knowing the inputs.
I believe it is ESPN's

Reaction Score
Wow. In sure don't agree with this ranking at all. I'm for UConn all the way, but as a practical matter, I saw SC and they looked really, really good, and I still think Stanford (based on the quality of their opponents) deserved the #1 seed. So UConn can win it, but it is going to be a tough slog.

Reaction Score
Here's our prediction for each round of the #ncaaW

#NCAATournament. It is the result of 10,000 simulations using our predicted model. Five teams have >10% odds to be national champs:

1. UConn 29.5%
2. South Carolina 18.3%
3. Stanford 13.2%
4. Baylor 12.2%
5. Maryland 11.7%

The #1 source for women's basketball insight used by coaches, broadcasters, players, and fans
Traditional and Advanced Statistics for Teams and Players, Leaderboards, Ranks, Team Comparisons, Schedules, Rosters, Game Logs, and more
herhoopstats.com
Charlie Creme just reclassified Baylor as a #1 seed, & made NC St a #2 seed. Does this mean we play back to back #1s?

Reaction Score
This was a strange year and COVID impacted almost everything. But, you have to wonder if Kim Mulkey and Baylor make changes in the future based on this season and actually schedule tougher OOC opponents. I know they had UConn scheduled and that was canceled, but if I'm Kim and Baylor, I'm looking at the future and thinking that we have to play a tougher schedule, especially with the setup of potentially playing UConn to get to the FF. Obviously, this is dependent on the outcome of this season, but its very clear that Baylor's SOS had an impact on their seeding.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Using a mathematical formula that oddsmakers employ, you can assign odds to the percentages:

UConn 12/5
South Carolina 9/2
Stanford 6/1
Baylor 7/1
Maryland 8/1

Reaction Score
You all still think Maryland and Texas A&M are better than Baylor? NC State?

The committee knew what I knew. Baylor should have been a 1 seed so they put them in UConn's bracket.

Reaction Score
This was a strange year and COVID impacted almost everything. But, you have to wonder if Kim Mulkey and Baylor make changes in the future based on this season and actually schedule tougher OOC opponents. I know they had UConn scheduled and that was canceled, but if I'm Kim and Baylor, I'm looking at the future and thinking that we have to play a tougher schedule, especially with the setup of potentially playing UConn to get to the FF. Obviously, this is dependent on the outcome of this season, but its very clear that Baylor's SOS had an impact on their seeding.
People been saying that for 10 years. Not happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom