UConn +24 @ Mizzou | The Boneyard

UConn +24 @ Mizzou

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
So, even accounting for home field advantage, the booking gods think we're 7pts more of an underdog than AR State? Doom on them, and take the points!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I might could be tempted to take UConn with the points. Mizzou has some holes and wasn't any better against Ark St. than UConn was against Army or Nova.

I believe UConn's defense is legit. I also believe Verducci has a few wrinkles we haven't seen yet.

Reaction Score
Matter is the Mizzou athletics beat writer for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

Dave_Matter8:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Missouri opens as 23-point favorite over UConn. Huskies have beaten Villanova & Army by a combined 10 points

IntoOptions9:03pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Dave_Matter army that bad? This line seems very high

Dave_Matter9:12pm via Twitter for iPhone
@IntoOptions Army lost to Fordham and was competitive with Connecticut

I like the comments coming from the Mizzou beat writer.
-"Army......was competitive with Connecticut"
-"Huskies have beaten Villanova & Army by a combined 10 points".

Just to point out.... this is one of the ingredients for trap games...... Failing to open the hood on
a team and scoreboard and looking to the following week. Missouri opens SEC play the week following us.....

Reaction Score
I like the comments coming from the Mizzou beat writer.
-"Army.was competitive with Connecticut"
-"Huskies have beaten Villanova & Army by a combined 10 points".

Just to point out.... this is one of the ingredients for trap games. Failing to open the hood on
a team and scoreboard and looking to the following week. Missouri opens SEC play the week following us.....

The "10 points" bit implies that he has done his homework. The "Army was competitive with Connecticut" bit proves that he has not.

pj

Reaction Score
I would take UConn with that line. 10 to 15 points would be reasonable.

Reaction Score
I'll take our 2 cupcakes over theirs. Be shocked if our line doesn't slide below 21. Shocked but delighted.

Reaction Score
As a Mizzou fan I was really surprised to see the line that high. Our offense is really struggling and our top 2 running backs will probably be out this week. We'll have to lean heavily on our defense yet again.

Reaction Score
My Uncle was a Chemistry Professor at Missouri in the late 60s early 70s, however I'm going to bet against Missouri. It is high, so UConn should cover...hope my Huskies will win, thou...

Reaction Score
I was hoping @whaler11 would have weighed in on this thread already. I am interested to see his take on the line and where he thinks it will go before game time...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn's perception is still low and rightfully so. We've won 5 games in the previous two years and our first two games this year were against a FCS team and a really, really bad Army team...who we didn't blow out on the scoreboard. Mizzou has earned their ranking and perception in Vegas. They are a top program playing in the best conference in the country. My guess is the majority of folks outside of CT will bet Mizzou for all of those reasons.

I'd say 24 is about right, given where our programs are right now. If the line moves drastically up to the 4 TD range, then I think I might put some small potatoes on UConn. But as of right now, I'm going to stay away and just try to enjoy the game.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
If I didn't just pump 6K into my septic tank (ouch) I'd plunk some down on a 24 point line. I'm not buying into a win, but I really think this team might surprise itself (and us.)

I like surprises.
500x281

Reaction Score
My LA KISS were 29 point underdogs to the San Jose Sabercats and pulled off the upset (the only loss the Sabercats had all year). I expect to win this game outright.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was hoping @whaler11 would have weighed in on this thread already. I am interested to see his take on the line and where he thinks it will go before game time...

My take would be it's very easy to overreact to a small sample size and the line has already come way down.

Army might be the worst FBS team in the country - they might also have the worst head coach.

That being said that is a ton of points in a game where I don't see either team having much success on offense.

Reaction Score
My take would be it's very easy to overreact to a small sample size and the line has already come way down.

Army might be the worst FBS team in the country - they might also have the worst head coach.

That being said that is a ton of points in a game where I don't see either team having much success on offense.
thanks Whaler...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm one of those rare individuals who actually likes that the line is very high. In fact, I hope the line goes to 30 points or more before game time. Hell, go to 100 points if you can!!!

Why, you might ask? Because the teams already are who they are. But the line gives locker room material to one team and a false sense of security to another. Furthermore, it puts pressure on Mizzou to "win big". The longer we stay in the game, the more they will feel the pressure. If this game goes into the fourth quarter tight, they will have already felt that they've lost and we'll have already felt that we've won. And playing loose when you are late in the game on the road is the perfect situation...

Reaction Score
I'm one of those rare individuals who actually likes that the line is very high. In fact, I hope the line goes to 30 points or more before game time. Hell, go to 100 points if you can!!!

Why, you might ask? Because the teams already are who they are. But the line gives locker room material to one team and a false sense of security to another. Furthermore, it puts pressure on Mizzou to "win big". The longer we stay in the game, the more they will feel the pressure. If this game goes into the fourth quarter tight, they will have already felt that they've lost and we'll have already felt that we've won. And playing loose when you are late in the game on the road is the perfect situation...
Who you like in this game Dan?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Eh if that were the case you'd get rich betting 30 point underdogs across the board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom