UConn +23 v. USF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn +23 v. USF

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What is your point, if you have one?

It’s not obvious enough for someone from Florida is it? I’ll be more literal for y’all.

Your coaches and administation are a bunch of punks who created chaos in the league because they didn’t want to be inconvienced or deal with any challenges in their prep.

May every athletic department in the country blacklist USF from being scheduled and may UConn someday be relieved of having to deal with rinky dink directional schools who can’t even describe their direction correctly.

I don’t think ‘South’ means what you guys think it does....

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It’s not obvious enough for someone from Florida is it? I’ll be more literal for y’all.

Your coaches and administation are a bunch of punks who created chaos in the league because they didn’t want to be inconvienced or deal with any challenges in their prep.

May every athletic department in the country blacklist USF from being scheduled and may UConn someday be relieved of having to deal with rinky dink directional schools who can’t even describe their direction correctly.

I suspect that many UConn fans here are embarrassed by your posts to me, but don't want to say so.

If you have a beef with USF, it's not MY fault.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I suspect that many UConn fans here are embarrassed by your posts to me, but don't want to say so.

You asked my point. I answered.

90% of the people here vocally supported Bob Diaco for a few years.

I’m not really worried if I fall out lockstep with their views or feelings.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You'll have to forgive my friend. Karmanos took the Whalers away from us in 1997 and we haven't slept properly since... :(

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Moved down to +22.5. Take the Huskies, just not on the moneyline:)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lots of chatter today about him possibly becoming HC at UF.

UCF has established a fund to try and keep him from being hired away, but I doubt that would be sufficient to prevent a big time P5 football school who really wants him.

His wife is expecting a baby any day now and that might keep him at UCF for the time being.

I don't think the 90-100 minute change in address is going to affect whether he stays at UCF or goes to UF (if offered).

Reaction Score
USF isn't an SEC team with a national pedigree that's intimidating to our young players, its a team playing out of its element that has had trouble up here before. We will cover the spread in this game. We may even win it outright. I see our offense turning around all our infuriatingly bad biorhythms from the Mizzou game on Saturday afternoon. Our D will step up too. Enjoy the day.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
USF isn't an SEC team with a national pedigree that's intimidating to our young players, its a team playing out of its element that has had trouble up here before. We will cover the spread in this game. We may even win it outright. I see our offense turning around all our infuriatingly bad biorhythms from the Mizzou game on Saturday afternoon. Our D will step up too. Enjoy the day.

Given that you say this every week, I hope you know it has no credibility.

Reaction Score

Haha!! Wow

Reaction Score
Given that you say this every week, I hope you know it has no credibility.

Actually his prediction for this week is quite different than it usually is.

I guess having an overly optimistic view on life is a bad thing for some.

Gotta keep that cred, cred thing goin', right? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When did Frost's name ever come up when we hired Diaco? He was still at Oregon the following year, no? And with the success he's having at UCF this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired away by a P5 school before Christmas.
I brought it up. Yes, he was an Oregon assistant when we hired Diaco.

And yes, I confused UCF with USF. So that ends my quest for infallibility.

Reaction Score
Actually his prediction for this week is quite different than it usually is.

I guess having an overly optimistic view on life is a bad thing for some.

Gotta keep that cred, cred thing goin', right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry he’s not having a discussion on life. He’s giving a realistic opinion after significant time watching a terrible football team.

Reaction Score

USF has won what, five games in a row......which had to include two games at the Rent. I don't recall the weather aiding UConn in any large way. Those games lost by USF at the Rent, whether in rain, snow, heat or cold, were all within a few points.

Reaction Score
Well, well. Now that I've piqued a few die-hard proponents of what some call "sober reality" (I call it doom and gloom), let me further predict that since this team is more talented than they've shown, are tired of performing poorly, better understand what the coaching staff is teaching--- and just collectively disciplined one of their teammate "brothers"--- they will come out with an intensity and efficiency heretofore unobserved by any of us. I'm now predicting a smack-down of USF.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well, well. Now that I've piqued a few die-hard proponents of what some call "sober reality" (I call it doom and gloom), let me further predict that since this team is more talented than they've shown, are tired of performing poorly, better understand what the coaching staff is teaching--- and just collectively disciplined one of their teammate "brothers"--- they will come out with an intensity and efficiency heretofore unobserved by any of us. I'm now predicting a smack-down of USF.

Yeah, and it'll rain steak from the sky.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

From your keyboard to the Football gods' eyes! I love the moxie. Keep the faith, Nos...

Reaction Score

You, my good friend, are on your own. :D

I may just track you down on Saturday and draw blood to sell to a few negative Nancys.

Reaction Score
Lots of chatter today about him possibly becoming HC at UF.

UCF has established a fund to try and keep him from being hired away, but I doubt that would be sufficient to prevent a big time P5 football school who really wants him.

His wife is expecting a baby any day now and that might keep him at UCF for the time being.

Another in the book of things you can't make up....:D

His wife is expecting a baby any day now and that might keep him at UCF for the time being.[/QUOTE]
"Honey I'm going to turn down a few extra million dollars and the opportunity for our family of a life time." "It's an hour or two up the road and the baby is due."
Head bang Head bang Head bang

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Up to 23.5 ...if they hang 50, here's to us getting 27!

Reaction Score

I dub thee Most Confident Nostical! Thy confidence exceedith mine!

Reaction Score
We're a banged up team that can't afford to lose key guys. Would be great if we can cut into the spread, but it's a realistic line based upon defensive stats. I wonder what the D gameplan will be.

Reaction Score
We're a banged up team that can't afford to lose key guys. Would be great if we can cut into the spread, but it's a realistic line based upon defensive stats. I wonder what the D gameplan will be.

Randy is going to tell them not to be afraid. Do your job, have fun and do it for 60 minutes. This team has shown an ability to bounce back from an embarrassing loss! Containing Flowers obviously always a concern. Hoping our Seniors will turn it up a couple notches today.

Ed Oliver - Houston DT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom