UConn +23 v. USF | The Boneyard

UConn +23 v. USF

Reaction Score
You never know. Football's a week-to-week thing. Our guys were embarrassed too. Maybe they keep it a game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hey the last time we lost by 40 we came back strong the next week!

Reaction Score
You never know. Football's a week-to-week thing. Our guys were embarrassed too. Maybe they keep it a game.
I agree we come out strong after the embarrassment but at the end of the day we are dead last in pass defense in the country and its by a WIDE margin so there is only so much emotion can cure.

Reaction Score
I agree we come out strong after the embarrassment but at the end of the day we are dead last in pass defense in the country and its by a WIDE margin so there is only so much emotion can cure.

USF is @#82 for passing offense nationally as opposed to being #9 in rushing offense nationally. They will still be a challenge.

Reaction Score
The only thing that we can hang our coat on is that Flowers is not a great passer even though he is a great athlete. USF does a lot of damage on the ground which plays into Uconn's strength. Of course we couldn't tackle Flowers or either one of their running backs last year. Still, I think have a small chance to win but we will need some USF turnovers.

Reaction Score
Zero chance of a win. Athletes all over the field for USF - big and physical! lay the points for a win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
USF’s roster is 40 points better.

Your hope here would be:
1. They stay on the bus after a tough loss
2. They don’t travel north very well anyway
3. Charlie Strong sucks

The idea that UConn has a good run defense is humorous though. The run defense stinks - Missouri if they so chose could have run for 8 yards a play all night.

Reaction Score
The only thing that we can hang our coat on is that Flowers is not a great passer even though he is a great athlete. USF does a lot of damage on the ground which plays into Uconn's strength. Of course we couldn't tackle Flowers or either one of their running backs last year. Still, I think have a small chance to win but we will need some USF turnovers.

We couldn't tackle anyone last night either. What strength did I miss?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Short of a full scale blizzard or nor'easter of the same magnitude as the 1991 perfect storm, we are going to get hammered.

Reaction Score
We couldn't tackle anyone last night either. What strength did I miss?
Our defense defends the run better than the pass. Most of those miss tackles were after passes. But I do understand what your saying. Other than Jr Joseph we don't have a lot of good tacklers on our defense. Further, even if USF runs the ball a lot, we still have to deal with their overall speed which is big problem for this defense.

Reaction Score
I think we play well.

I love Scott Frost, I wanted him, and he was available, when we chose Diaco.

But our history with USF is one of close games.

Reaction Score
I think we play well.

Scott Frost is at UCF. Charlie Strong is at USF.

The good news about this is that Charlie Strong is SO RIDICULOUSLY OVERRATED that we may have a chance.

He effectively coached his team out of a New Years Bowl last week by losing to Houston. On Houston's final drive the defensive genius Strong allowed them to convert a 4th & 24 to keep the drive alive

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Scott Frost is at UCF. Charlie Strong is at USF.

The good news about this is that Charlie Strong is SO RIDICULOUSLY OVERRATED that we may have a chance.

He effectively coached his team out of a New Years Bowl last week by losing to Houston. On Houston's final drive the defensive genius Strong allowed them to convert a 4th & 24 to keep the drive alive

You can tell very easily who actually watches games.

People who watch games KNOW that Charlie Strong sucks.

Reaction Score
I think we play well.

Frost coaches at UCF, they play SMU this weekend.

By available do you mean he was alive and breathing? Pretty sure we never interviewed him.

Reaction Score
A cold-weather away game coming off blowing your chance at an undefeated season and the playoff. A lot going against USF here. I think UConn plays it a lot closer than many think but USF eventually pulls away and wins by somewhere between 21 and 27. Well-placed line I reckon

Reaction Score
When did Frost's name ever come up when we hired Diaco? He was still at Oregon the following year, no? And with the success he's having at UCF this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired away by a P5 school before Christmas.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
When did Frost's name ever come up when we hired Diaco? He was still at Oregon the following year, no? And with the success he's having at UCF this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired away by a P5 school before Christmas.

Lots of chatter today about him possibly becoming HC at UF.

UCF has established a fund to try and keep him from being hired away, but I doubt that would be sufficient to prevent a big time P5 football school who really wants him.

His wife is expecting a baby any day now and that might keep him at UCF for the time being.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
A cold-weather away game coming off blowing your chance at an undefeated season and the playoff. A lot going against USF here. I think UConn plays it a lot closer than many think but USF eventually pulls away and wins by somewhere between 21 and 27. Well-placed line I reckon

USF never had a chance to make the playoff because of its very weak schedule.
At one point we did have both Michigan state and Wisconsin on our 2018 schedule, however MS bought out the return game and Wisky moved it to another year. Had we played them and won, then we might very well have had a chance at a playoff.

The heartbreaking last minute loss to Houston, a western division team, doesn't have any real impact on winning our division or even the CCG.

Our present coach does not look to run up the score on teams, unlike Taggart. He is much more interested in TOP and running up the middle to eat up clock. IMO, the line is too much. Most fans on our board would take UConn +22.5 and bet the under.

USF (-22.5) at UConn

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
USF never had a chance to make the playoff because of its very weak schedule.
At one point we did have both Michigan state and Wisconsin on our 2018 schedule, however MS bought out the return game and Wisky moved it to another year. Had we played them and won, then we might very well have had a chance at a playoff.

The heartbreaking last minute loss to Houston, a western division team, doesn't have any real impact on winning our division or even the CCG.

Our present coach does not look to run up the score on teams, unlike Taggart. He is much more interested in TOP and running up the middle to eat up clock. IMO, the line is too much. Most fans on our board would take UConn +23 and bet the under.

When did USF start worrying about ‘schedules’?

Aren’t those just pesky suggestions about when to play?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
When did USF start worrying about ‘schedules’?

Aren’t those just pesky suggestions about when to play?

What is your point, if you have one?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom