UConn @ #21 JMU Dukes (Saturday 11/11/23 @2p) Game on ESPN+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #21 JMU Dukes (Saturday 11/11/23 @2p) Game on ESPN+

Reaction Score
Everyone should listen to this press conference. It certainly doesn’t sound like Mora has foot out the door. It sounds like he more committed than ever to improve our football program.
I think those thoughts were from those that posted their own opinions... He's not leaving...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Hey, we're better than JMU in RROE!

(which, unfortunately, is what most of us have been complaining about vis a vis Charlton's stagnant offense. I bet we're up there in SPROE if anyone measures that, lol)

Reaction Score

Assisted access link <<

-> It is impossible to look at the roster for the undefeated James Madison University football team and not appreciate the amount of talent available within an hour’s drive of the JMU campus in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

Count UConn football coach Jim Mora among those impressed by James Madison’s recruiting footprint and the willingness to stay consistent with how and who they recruit as the Dukes made the jump from Football Championship Subdivision powerhouse to being one of seven remaining undefeated teams at the Football Bowl Subdivision level heading into Saturday’s 2 p.m. showdown.

“They have an outstanding recruiting base and they do a fantastic job in keeping [local] players,” Mora said.

JMU’s top rusher Kaelon Black, second-leading receiver Elijah Sarratt and leading tackler Aiden Fisher all hail from Virginia. The Dukes have more than 50 players from Virginia on the roster.<-

Reaction Score

Assisted access link <<

-> Mora noted the transfer portal and NIL go hand in hand.

"The positives are that it gives you the opportunity to add quality players who have played in college games and are a little more physically and hopefully emotionally mature and can come in and make an immediate impact," Mora said. "The problems are you have to have money to get them and I think our people who support this program understand that and are doing a great job of addressing that. I feel incredibly, incredibly positive about the direction that's going and it's because there are people who are very committed to it.

"It's become a little bit more cut-throat that I don't really enjoy. Sometimes you have to have difficult conversations with guys on your team that maybe are not quite good enough. I don't like that part at all. That's the human element. There are chances you take when you go into the portal that you don't have the background and knowledge about the personality of a player you're picking to come to your school like you do recruiting a high school player. But that's the way it is and for us to grow as fast as we need to grow we have to go get about 12 to 14 impact players from the portal. It's kind of like the NFL — free agency and the draft and how you balance your budget." <-

Reaction Score
Look at JMU's football staff. All young guys, some who have followed Cignetti from Elon. We have some talented coaches, but I think the lack of a dedicated DC was a huge mistake this year.
I still think we need a QB coach too... just sayin...

Reaction Score
Look at JMU's football staff. All young guys, some who have followed Cignetti from Elon. We have some talented coaches, but I think the lack of a dedicated DC was a huge mistake this year.
Didn’t Billy Crocker go to Elon after UConn?

Reaction Score

with all the Bowl chatter, I just hope that we don't have the same fate as JMU's last opponent... They will play "leave no doubt" football to get more folks on board to get them bowl eligible even though they aren't eligible by some, IMO, clueless committee... JMU's waaaaayyyy better than 90% of the current FBS schools that are eligibile for bowl games by longer affiliation... This team is an exception... Makes zero sense that the NIL runs wild yet, what obviously needs to/should happen here ...

With that said, my hope is that we at least show well (looking for a moral victory here.. something we see we can build on)....

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score

Not to be too downtrodden, but all JMU has to do to "overwhelm" UConn is show up with at least half their team. What snowball's chance in hell do the Huskies have in this game...although there's still some time for JMU starters to get the flu.

Reaction Score
with all the Bowl chatter, I just hope that we don't have the same fate as JMU's last opponent... They will play "leave no doubt" football to get more folks on board to get them bowl eligible even though they aren't eligible by some, IMO, clueless committee... JMU's waaaaayyyy better than 90% of the current FBS schools that are eligibile for bowl games by longer affiliation... This team is an exception... Makes zero sense that the NIL runs wild yet, what obviously needs to/should happen here ...

With that said, my hope is that we at least show well (looking for a moral victory here.. something we see we can build on)....
People keep complaining about the lack of eligibility for JMU... Lets make this very blunt

----

THE. RULE. IS. IN. PLACE. EXACTLY. FOR. PROGRAMS. LIKE. JMU.

Reaction Score
JMU is a step down from Tennessee and Boston College. I suspect we play well if not outright win.
I'd be exstatic if we won... I think we have guys with enough talent... but our discipline as a football team when it comes to consistency is, to be honest, bad...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom