UConn 2025 Title Favorites +900 | The Boneyard

UConn 2025 Title Favorites +900

Reaction Score
If he gets a 3peat he basically in invincible while at UConn for the rest of his career. If he isn't already.

Reaction Score
If he gets a 3peat he basically in invincible while at UConn for the rest of his career. If he isn't already.
He did something Jim Calhoun never did.

Or Roy Williams. Or Dean Smith. Or Bill Self. Or Tom Izzo. Or Jim Boeheim. Or 99% of the greatest coaches of all time.

This is after he rebuilt a mid major program into a national powerhouse in 6 years.

Rarified air.

He didn’t do this on the backs of someone else, he rebuilt this program and dragged it up the mountain himself.

That’s a bulletproof, lifetime accomplishment, build him a statue, pay him whatever thing.

Reaction Score
Bro
If he gets to the second weekend next with any conference hardware we will be having a DH vs JC convo.

Reaction Score
He did something Jim Calhoun never did.

Or Roy Williams. Or Dean Smith. Or Bill Self. Or Tom Izzo. Or Jim Boeheim. Or 99% of the greatest coaches of all time.

This is after he rebuilt a mid major program into a national powerhouse in 6 years.

Rarified air.

He didn’t do this on the backs of someone else, he rebuilt this program and dragged it up the mountain himself.

That’s a bulletproof, lifetime accomplishment, build him a statue, pay him whatever thing.
Could not have said it better myself. In the words of KGB, “pay dat man his money”

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sorry my friends, that line is silly. We're losing at least 4 starters

We will be good, we will be winners, we will be a 2nd weekend team.... but we should not be one of the favorites

For example, this year I bet them plus $ 1,300 when I was in NYC for the Empire Classic when we already knew they were pretty good.

Reaction Score
I always thought JC would be jealous of another coach's success, but he's clearly happy for Hurley and the program. No program transitioned from a legend and has succeeded like us.

Reaction Score
Would love it but I don’t think that it’s as easy as picking a new Newton, cam and Donovan off a tree. But, don’t underestimate Danny, Luke, Imani and Moore.

Reaction Score
Next year is going to be much tougher.

When Newton and Clingan came back, alongside Karaban, and knowing we were bringing in Castle and a decent recruiting class, we at least had something to build around. We at least had 4 starters spoken for. Spencer was the missing piece in the starting lineup, and we just needed our bench to be viable. Diarra took a major, major leap and Johnson became serviceable and filled a unique niche in our offense.

Next year, we're losing at least 4 starters (though I'm pretty confident Karaban comes back for one more year) and, unlike with Clingan stepping into a larger role and inserting Castle, this is harder to project. If Diarra comes back, he would be worthy of a starting spot. Nowell can probably get there. Maybe Stewart. But we need a portal big, or two, and probably another bench guard depending on who comes back. More question marks, and we can't count on hitting a home run like with Spencer, who was the perfect fit, skill and attitude wise, for this team.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Just locked in +1300. I promised myself after last season I’d never not put money on them prior to the season. Hit this year on +2200.

I’m not going to doubt this staff’s ability to put together a team and system that could reel off 6 in March and April.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nothing like getting carried away. Maybe if Clingan and Castle come back. But over two seasons we will have lost all of our experienced , talented guards, with experienced being a major key. Maybe Diarra comes back. Guards win these games. It’s the thread with all of our NC teams. Unless he changes drastically, Samson can’t handle physical big men and we have no clue what Singare can do. Solo Ball is talented but still pretty green Nowell will be a frosh. Stewart seems pretty ready. Ross or Abraham unknown. The Greek is intriguing. The portal looks to be huge and who knows how thrilled our bigs will be with a talented portal guy. Ditto our young guards who bided their time this year. Interesting off season.

Reaction Score

We will be good, we will be winners, we will be a 2nd weekend team.... but we should not be one of the favorites

For example, this year I bet them plus $ 1,300 when I was in NYC for the Empire Classic when we already knew they were pretty good.
Yeah do not bet that number lol. You'll definitely get a better number at some point.

Reaction Score

That’s called respect earned brother.

Reaction Score
The Edey era is now over and there is a void at the top. No clear juggernauts heading into next season. Definitely makes a threepeat seem possible. But man, how do you replace all three of Clingan, Newton, and Spencer? How can we possibly maintain?

Gonna be a very very interesting off season. Let the portal commence

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom