Men - UConn @2024 NCAA Baseball Tourney > Super Regional in Tallahassee Florida vs. Florida State Seminoles. Gm. 2 Sat. 6/8/24 @11a on ESPN & MIXLR/Fox97.9 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @2024 NCAA Baseball Tourney > Super Regional in Tallahassee Florida vs. Florida State Seminoles. Gm. 2 Sat. 6/8/24 @11a on ESPN & MIXLR/Fox97.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those clowns are so, so much better than us at baseball
I think he means clowns in terms of the way they acted. No class.
The number two hitter staring down Quinn and then talking when he looked at three pitches in a row that were possibly strikes but not called. Then talking on the balk.
Their righty (ferrar?) calling Malcolm a fat after he struck out. The pitcher talking to our 1b coach who is just walking off the field. They kicked our ass yesterday and then decided to just show up and act like they were gods gift today.
Proud of the fight. Malcolm almost hit two, Broadhurst granny misses by a few inches and the failed bunt play. All painfully close. If any of the three go differently we win

Reaction Score
Good game Huskies.

I listened and am almost home. A fan’s game.

Mr Tibbs won that game for the Noles with his long balls.

I speculated that, yesterday, when the Noles were up 8 early, that the pitcher was left in and others subbed with the thought of winning the next one.

FSU has had very hittable pitching. They don’t have the arms for Omaha.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes yesterday was bad but folks are talking like this team didn’t belong.
Went to extras today and very easily could’ve forced a game 3.

And let’s not forget they did beat #9 Oklahoma 2 games to 1 on the road, including a dominant winner take all game.

Reaction Score
Great season mainly because they stuck together and came up big in the NCAAs. Breaking through the Supers requires lots of breaks or playing near-perfect baseball competing against programs that are/will be spending seven figures on NIL. Always proud of this program - winners in every way!
NIL for baseball goes right to paying players school/living expenses. Like funding

Yes yesterday was bad but folks are talking like this team didn’t belong.
Went to extras today and very easily could’ve forced a game 3.

And let’s not forget they did beat #9 Oklahoma 2 games to 1 on the road, including a dominant winner take all game.
It would have been interesting tomorrow - ifs and buts. But we would have had more than a puncher’s chance. Getting to CWS is doable when we play this loose in the postseason. Tons of programs with better players shrink, the Huskies rise to the occasion. It’ll happen.

Reaction Score
The number two hitter staring down Quinn and then talking when he looked at three pitches in a row that were possibly strikes but not called. Then talking on the balk.
Their righty (ferrar?) calling Malcolm a fat after he struck out. The pitcher talking to our 1b coach who is just walking off the field. They kicked our ass yesterday and then decided to just show up and act like they were gods gift today.
Proud of the fight. Malcolm almost hit two, Broadhurst granny misses by a few inches and the failed bunt play. All painfully close. If any of the three go differently we win

Yeah today's display from them was disgusting from an "acting like their s*** don't stink" perspective.

Reaction Score
Helluva season.

On to the 25’ season and working on getting some key guys back in Storrs. I think the need to host a regional is clear and it’s feasible. They need some help but they need to remain intact with who’s eligible to return. Of the 8 seasons I’ve been closely following, the status of returning starters who are drawing draft interest, has never been more important to the program. Maybe some luck and maybe some guys who truly enjoy the college experience… if they lose Cooke Quinn and Afthim it’s back to having the ceiling capped and realistically enough depth on both sides to peak in the Supers. Should be a fun off-season.

Reaction Score
Nice effort. But giving up 24 yesterday hurts. It's historically bad.

Made the NCAA. Won the Norman regional. See you next year.

Reaction Score
Helluva season.

On to the 25’ season and working on getting some key guys back in Storrs. I think the need to host a regional is clear and it’s feasible. They need some help but they need to remain intact with who’s eligible to return. Of the 8 seasons I’ve been closely following, the status of returning starters who are drawing draft interest, has never been more important to the program. Maybe some luck and maybe some guys who truly enjoy the college experience… if they lose Cooke Quinn and Afthim it’s back to having the ceiling capped and realistically enough depth on both sides to peak in the Supers. Should be a fun off-season.
This is where NIL comes in.

Reaction Score
Oh well, UConn baseball had an amazing season! Let's all support the Football team and hope that soon, UConn can put champions in the baseball, hockey and football teams. I'd love to see a year where UConn win in Men's and Women's Soccer, Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Field Hockey. Men's and Women's Ice Hockey, Women's Lacrosse , Softball and Baseball.

Reaction Score
I hope they bow out early. What a bunch of (talented) poseurs. Curtain Calls?
Spiking the bat before an oh-so-slow home run trot? Tossing the bat behind-the-back to begin a home run trot.

Class? Yeah…….low class.

Reaction Score
Helluva season.

They have what appears to be a few higher end recruits as well this year. A year to really pay attention to the draft for sure

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Nice effort. But giving up 24 yesterday hurts. It's historically bad.

Made the NCAA. Won the Norman regional. See you next year.
Yeah, but we have to let it go. Next season starts tomorrow. ;)

Reaction Score
I’m sorry guys I say this to the ones who watch every game, as a bit of a distant fan but a UConn fan this is such an easy team to pull for this loss stings far more then the 24-4 loss. We can pull forward though with our heads held up high let’s keep on improving our talent and keep knocking on that door till we finally knock it down to get to Omaha.

Reaction Score
It starts at the top. Jarret is an old time college coach. Burning young arms in order to get the glory for himself.

Reaction Score
This was a better season than any of us could have asked for in March. This team looked dead and ended up making the super regionals and showed they absolutely belonged against top competition

Reaction Score
Typical fair weather fan. Many of us are here for every out of every game. Take a hike. If they win tomorrow will you be back for game 3?
It was a sarcastic comment. I got out of work Thursday at 1pm drove 4 and a half hours to Tallahassee, Florida. The next day I sat through the entirety of a 20 run loss with FSU fans chirping in my ear the whole game. Then I drove back the 4 and a half hours back because I worked at 5am today. So please don't ever call me a fair weather fan. Is that good enough for you ? F@#$ off

Reaction Score
Impressive for a Northeast team to make a super regional. Doing it 2 out of 3 years is incredible. Unfortunately, this is our ceiling, but there's no shame in that
No attack but there is no coach or player or fan at this level that buys into believing this is our ceiling. Omaha and a NC baby!
Impressive run for this group. Really overachieved as there is not much high end talent anywhere in this roster. Think Penders needs to step up recruiting. Having some hard nose D3 guys are not bad but can’t have a roster full of them if you are gonna speak about Omaha with any sense of reality. Just not enough depth, relied on same few guys while there are a dozen or so that contributed too little or in some cases almost nothing over course of season. Loss stings but coaching staff is too good to not figure it out and come back again.
Head shaker here. First you slander Penders and go on to praise the coaching staff. Recruiting baseball players to schools above the Mason Dixon line is no easy task. Jim Penders is considered the best coach at UConn by three other coaches that have won NC's with two of them being in the HOF the third will be in down the road. Some have to look at the big picture, not just the hearts desire. This team continually over achieves for a reason.
I hope they bow out early. What a bunch of (talented) poseurs. Curtain Calls?
Spiking the bat before an oh-so-slow home run trot? Tossing the bat behind-the-back to begin a home run trot.

Class? Yeah…….low class.
I would have liked this three times if I could !!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They'll always be Free Shoes University to me

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I think our ceiling is Omaha. We could have gotten there in 2011 if not paired with USCe, and in 2022 if Crawford were healthy. Need to get our best recruits to make it to campus, we had a lot of #7 type hitters and Sunday starters — great depth every team needs and FSU will likely wish they had in Omaha — but we need more front line talent. It does exist in CT, and we sometimes land them, so I have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom