Uconn 2016/17 | The Boneyard

Uconn 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nobody should be leaving early for the NBA.

Starting 5:
Purvis
Adams
Hamilton
Brimah
Facey

Reserves:
All the new comers and Cassell Jr

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Starting 5:
Purvis
Adams
Hamilton
Brimah
Facey

Reserves:
Purvis will likely graduate, but we'll see. Either way, I'd hope that eventually Alterique and Adams start together.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Jackson over Hamilton and Enoch over Brimah.

Starting 5:
Purvis
Adams
Hamilton
Brimah
Facey

Reserves:

Reaction Score

Starting 5:
Purvis
Adams
Hamilton
Brimah
Facey

Reserves:
Purvis isn't coming back. Starting 5 will be Alterique, Adams, Hamilton, Enoch, and Brimah. Looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
UConn will be pretty good next season. Adams, Hamilton, and Brimah will be the big three. Throw in Gilbert, Larrier, Facey, etc. and we have a decent squad.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Purvis isn't coming back. Starting 5 will be Alterique, Adams, Hamilton, Enoch, and Brimah. Looking forward to it!
Purvis is absolutely coming back. I really don't get the sentiment around here of him leaving. I would be SHOCKED if he's not here next year. I'm all for a kid leaving if it's in his best interest, but it absolutely is not in his. Sure, he said something before the season started about not being here, but gott take that with a grain of salt.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Purvis is absolutely coming back. I really don't get the sentiment around here of him leaving. I would be SHOCKED if he's not here next year. I'm all for a kid leaving if it's in his best interest, but it absolutely is not in his. Sure, he said something before the season started about not being here, but gott take that with a grain of salt.

He probably wants to start making some money for his mother, and if that's the case I absolutely don't blame him.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He probably wants to start making some money for his mother, and if that's the case I absolutely don't blame him.
I get that, it's the same reason DD left early, and that was a boneheaded decision. His mom knows how to be poor, the hope is that she can hold out another year. If I'm a coach I'm advising my kids to do anything they can to raise their NBA stock.

Reaction Score
You're wrong. He's leaving, it's the right move for Rodney and UConn.

Reaction Score
Didn't like Purvis' game on day 1. Don't like his game, which is unchanged from day 1, now. It's hard to win with a streaky guy as a main cog, and a guy who is prone to 1-4 bonehead plays a game and who has a gunner mentality, by which I mean, he's thinking "score" 80% of the time he's on the court.

Wish him well, to be sure, and I thank him for his time at UConn - but I'm really looking forward to a new mix of players next year. Really, Really.

And the moment I figured the game was lost was when Adams or DHam drove and kicked out to Purvis with a minute or two left - no defender within 10 feet when he caught it. No defender even moved toward him because it was so obvious they would not be able to get within 5 feet before the shot went up.

Misses by about a foot and a half.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get that, it's the same reason DD left early, and that was a boneheaded decision. His mom knows how to be poor, the hope is that she can hold out another year. If I'm a coach I'm advising my kids to do anything they can to raise their NBA stock.
I think DD situation is completely different than Purvis. DD showed great promise/potential towards the end of his final season and he struck while the iron was hot. I think he couldve improved during his senior year along with Boat and became a superstar but it wasnt really worth the risk. Purvis hasnt improved really at all this season to last season and if he were to come back for a final year there is no way in hell he improves enough to become drafted.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We still have this season to worry about. I can't stand when fans jump the gun. For God's sake, we can still win the AAC Tournament Title. If we get hot we are more than capable.

Reaction Score
Why is it not in his best interest?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We still have this season to worry about. I can't stand when fans jump the gun. For God's sake, we can still win the AAC Tournament Title. If we get hot we are more than capable.
We're not allowed to talk about the future of the program? I've said all I need to say about today's game. I'm still very much into this season. But I'm a pretty bright guy, I have enough in my head to talk about two things at once!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why is it not in his best interest?
I think it's in his best interest to stay another year with a team he will be a veteran on and could likely be in the national spotlight rather than going to play for some no name squad in Italy.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We're not allowed to talk about the future of the program? I've said all I need to say about today's game. I'm still very much into this season. But I'm a pretty bright guy, I have enough in my head to talk about two things at once!

Ok... but the timing of talking about next season after a bad loss is a bit suspect

Reaction Score
I think it's in his best interest to stay another year with a team he will be a veteran on and could likely be in the national spotlight rather than going to play for some no name squad in Italy.
Yeah, I guess I'm not sure why you think that. It's extremely unlikely he improves enough to get drafted next year and he will have his degree, so getting paid and being able to focus on basketball full time is probably in his best interest.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'd really like to be paid the kind of salary the players on those no-name Italian teams receive. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom