UConn @ 2015 BB&T College Baseball Series (Furman, USC Upstate & Michigan State) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ 2015 BB&T College Baseball Series (Furman, USC Upstate & Michigan State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Post game interview had Penders saying very positive things about Connor Buckley again. Also indicated that Montgomerie will start the Wednesday game this week. I had figured that start would go to Sam Nepiarsky, or possibly Callahan Brown.
That's interesting. Figure Zapata will start Tuesday. Would have thought that Brown would start Wednesday seeing that he has seen no action this year to date.

Reaction Score
Somehow I had that feeling.
Not sure what this means, but what I meant was I have been calling for Olmstead to play all year to see what he has. He finally get's that chance and I think maybe I got my answer to why he hasn't been playing.

Reaction Score
Not sure what this means, but what I meant was I have been calling for Olmstead to play all year to see what he has. He finally get's that chance and I think maybe I got my answer to why he hasn't been playing.

It was sort of a joke, probably poorly written. Yes, I had a feeling that you wanted to see him play, and I got it from all that you have written about him over time.

Reaction Score
Sunday game has Davey back in left field. Surprisingly, McDowell catches again after playing two games yesterday. Connor Buckley gets another start at 3B, with Daniello at short, and Hill out of the lineup.

Reaction Score
It was sort of a joke, probably poorly written. Yes, I had a feeling that you wanted to see him play, and I got it from all that you have written about him over time.
Don't know where Olmstead stands, regarding his future at UConn. But, this was his 1st collegiate at bat. Striking out, especially since he hasn't played in nearly a season and a half, tells us little on his future.
He may be over his head. But, I would hold judgement, on him, until he gets 30-40 AB's. If he actually does.

Reaction Score
Don't know where Olmstead stands, regarding his future at UConn. But, this was his 1st collegiate at bat. Striking out, especially since he hasn't played in nearly a season and a half, tells us little on his future.
He may be over his head. But, I would hold judgement, on him, until he gets 30-40 AB's. If he actually does.

I would certainly agree with this, you can't judge anyone on one at bat or a even a handful of games. Which is why I have focused on what Penders said about him last year having trouble making contact, and his performance in summer baseball with the Torrington Titans, where he struck out in over a third of his at bats. Olmstead is supposed to be an excellent athlete with great potential, which is no doubt why he was drafted in the first place. Whatever happens with him is going to take some time, and hopefully he'll grow into that potential, but I wouldn't expect it to happen overnight. Still, I liked that he was actually put into a game, even if he did strike out.

Reaction Score
Uconn / Michigan State tied 1 -1 top of 5th. This would be a nice win if we can pull it off.

Reaction Score
Guess Routolo missing bus didn't have game time ramifications - he's in throwing some serious heat in relief to shut down Sparty rally in 8th.

UConnBaseball1:11pm via Twitter for Android
Bot 8 | Ball hasn't left the infield and the Spartans have 2nd and 3rd 1 out. Pat Ruotolo coming into the game for the Huskies. #BleedBlue

UConnBaseball1:16pm via TweetDeck
BIG BAD PAT! Ruotolo strikes one out and gets a pop up to end the . B8. #UConn 1, MSU 1 heading to the ninth. #BleedBlue

Couple of pitches in mid 90's

Reaction Score
Testani really starting to play well here in his Senior year. Good for him.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
All over 3-1 UConn nice win today.

Reaction Score
Huge weekend. Minus a couple blowups by bullpen early in season this group has been consistently solid to start a season not an easy chore for a New England baseball team.

Reaction Score
Testani really starting to play well here in his Senior year. Good for him.

I've been something of a Testani fan since his freshman year, despite the troubles he had that season. Nothing wrong with a low average power hitter who gets on base a ton. You just have to make sure he doesn't go one of his strike out binges. But given his defense, walks, power, and his skill in laying down a bunt, he'd be a contributor if if kept his average north of .200. But right now he really is quite a player if he keeps his average around its level of .265.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom