UConn -20.5 v. Georgetown | The Boneyard

UConn -20.5 v. Georgetown

Reaction Score
Just a matter how they want to handle the lineups.

Should be a name your score game.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, a good game to get the bench some minutes and rest guys that are banged up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For some reason the number doesn’t scare me. Should be an ANNIHILATION.

Reaction Score
Just a matter how they want to handle the lineups.

Should be a name your score game.

This strikes me as an all time “meltdown in the chat” game. Cooley’s a good coach. His team is not great but they’ll be up for this one. Obviously the good guys can cover but even if I were to violate my “never bet on teams you have an emotional attachment to” rule I wouldn’t touch that number.

Reaction Score
This strikes me as an all time “meltdown in the chat” game. Cooley’s a good coach. His team is not great but they’ll be up for this one. Obviously the good guys can cover but even if I were to violate my “never bet on teams you have an emotional attachment to” rule I wouldn’t touch that number.
I never bet on lines for a UConn game whether it is for or against the Huskies. This is especially true for betting against the Huskies because I never want to be in a position where I am rooting against them at any moment like them missing a shot or a FT.

Having said all of that, I think the Huskies will win, but I would tell fellow Husky fans don't underestimate Georgetown. They looked better against Seton Hall than UConn did. I know it's a little apple and oranges as Georgetown played Seton Hall at home while UConn played them on the road. Georgetown handled the switching of Seton Hall better with better one on one play than UConn did. Also, one thing to take note of was that when Georgetown fell behind 25-8 in the beginning against Seton Hall, they went to a zone and it rattled Seton Hall for a bit.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Line seems a little high? GT isn’t good and Cooley just stands there idly but 20.5 is a lot.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is bad, but better than last year. Their defense is still awful, but they also play at a slow pace.

I'd be really nervous about us getting off to a slow start, leading like 37-28 at halftime, and then only slowly and methodically building a comfortable lead where we end up winning like 78-62 without ever leading by 20.

Or it could be 50-20 at halftime en route to 90-55. Who knows.

Reaction Score
I’ve said “hammer it” every game this year but uhhhhhh idk about this one

Reaction Score
All right, not gonna lie, I had:
  • Georgetown +20.5
  • UConn Under 82.5
  • Georgetown Over 61.5

I thought we'd come out flat, but wasn't sure exactly how, so left a lot of possibilities.

Obviously we never came close to covering the spread.

Georgetown kept scoring in the early-mid 2nd (and went to the line a million times), so that was fairly safe without about 10 minutes to go.

Our total was close basically throughout the game, and I held my breath as Newton let fly a meaningless 3 attempt at 80-67 with 25 seconds to go.

I won all 3.

Reaction Score
  • Georgetown +20.5
  • UConn Under 82.5
  • Georgetown Over 61.5

I thought we'd come out flat, but wasn't sure exactly how, so left a lot of possibilities.

Georgetown kept scoring in the early-mid 2nd (and went to the line a million times), so that was fairly safe without about 10 minutes to go.

Our total was close basically throughout the game, and I held my breath as Newton let fly a meaningless 3 attempt at 80-67 with 25 seconds to go.

I won all 3.
Team is clearly downgraded without Clingan. Shocked vegas hasn't adjusted. Cook ate us up. Plus, there is no urgency to bury a team late in BE play. It's too grueling to do so.

Reaction Score
Team is clearly a downgrade without Clingan. Shocked vegas hasn't adjusted. Cook ate us up. Plus, there is no urgency to bury a team late in BE play. It's too grueling to do so.
We are also a very much "take the air out of the ball" team with a 10-15 point lead late in games. Unfortunately, Draftkings turns off live totals with like 4 minutes to go, otherwise, if we're in that range, I would also live bet our Under.

Reaction Score
Team is clearly downgraded without Clingan. Shocked vegas hasn't adjusted. Cook ate us up. Plus, there is no urgency to bury a team late in BE play. It's too grueling to do so.
Georgetown isn't awful and we haven't been blowing anyone out without Clingan. We played tough and won the game. That is all you could ask. That 20.5 spread was a joke. We would never cover that unless everyone played lights out on offense.

Reaction Score
Georgetown isn't awful and we haven't been blowing anyone out without Clingan. We played tough and won the game. That is all you could ask. That 20.5 spread was a joke. We would never cover that unless everyone played lights out on offense.
You wonder if they are overcompensating lines since UCONN is a public team? The line really should have been 15,16 at most.

Reaction Score
  • Georgetown +20.5
  • UConn Under 82.5
  • Georgetown Over 61.5

I won all 3.
Ha, nothing like posting those winners after that game......

Reaction Score
Imagine having -13.5 or -14.5 and Cam not scoring, lol. Thankfully I got -12.5.

Reaction Score
Georgetown isn't awful and we haven't been blowing anyone out without Clingan.
The DePaul game was a blowout but other than that you're right. I think that's also a conference thing. There weren't too many blowouts last year in conference either. Probably only the home Butler and Georgetown games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom